Who should get the droid caller first?

I have a mk 5 droid caller and I'm not sure who to put it on. Options include:

Ackbar (currently gear 9; needs this and 3 other items to reach gear 10)
Vader (currently 9; needs this and one other item for 10. 6*, 46/100)
Talia (gear 8; this would give her gear 9)
Tarkin (same as Talia but he needs a few levels before he can equip it)
Snowtrooper (8 as well, but needs more items and a lot more levels than tarkin).

I really want to get 3* on the third tier potency challenge so I'm leaning towards tarkin, but I actually use ackbar, at least in raids, on occasion. I also think I'd find more use for snowtrooper down the line than tarkin, but he's a million + credit investment just to equip it right now. Vader is the dark horse here... Does he get a lot more effective at gear 10? I'd love to use him more in general but right now he's just too much of a slow tickler.

And then there's Talia, with nightsister speed, and (IMO) a decent kit, but not one that benefits much from a huge health boost. But I'd love to hear an argument in her favor, if one can be made.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    ackbar is my vote
  • Options
    Akbar is probably the most useful toon you have overall so I would always say make your best better and he can carry the weaker toons than to have an average squad.

But you really need Leia to work well with Akbar.
  • Options
    Vader!! Or snackbar. Those are the real two options imo. If you have Leia and use snackbar and her together I'd say admiral snackbar first. If you don't.. I recommend Vader. Like dude you have a very high level Vader.. Eventually he'll be a superstar someday right?
  • Sophos
    97 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what you're wanting out of the game and how much you get raid gear. Are you f2p? You interested in getting better in Arena? Sorry for being picky but we really need more details. Overall I'd say Akbar is the choice.

However, I will say that you may want to head over to swgoh.gg and check out who all needs that droid caller. There may be a toon that will need it later on, and that site will let you know who and at what gear level. I just recently started using that site and it helps a lot with details about the game.

Also, don't use gear on teams you're building for mod challenges before maxing them in other ways and putting some good health mods on them. That is a better option than blowing hard-to-get gear on toons you won't be using much.

If you are a casual player go with what you want. But if you are at all competitive, stick with the meta toons. Akbar is the only toon that qualifies as meta from your list.
  • Options
    I've had Leia for a while. I use her with ackbar in raids and sometimes gw as a B or C squad. So it's sounding like he's the consensus choice generally. I apologize for not being clearer about my roster situation; I've been trying to register on SWGoH.gg for the past two weeks but I keep getting some kind of error. Otherwise I'd have linked my whole roster.

To answer other specific questions, I'm a former small whale who got laid off so I'm now f2p by necessity. I'm a top 20-30 (occasionally top 5 if my timing is spot on) finisher in a highly competitive November shard. My main arena team is a Rex lead and I doubt that I'll be changing up leads there any time in the near future, so arena performance is sort of irrelevant.

I get a fair amount of raid gear at this point; my current guild does a few heroics per week and I've bought raid gear from shipments in the past. I also precrafted a few, including callers (sorry lol). So I've already placed a bunch of them on characters I use more often (E.g. Fives got one recently to reach max gear, because he's on my main gw team).

So all options in my case would be supplemental, and purely (for now) for the sake of improving my gw bench, secondary raid squads, and mod challenges (which, since we're talking potency mods, is also ultimately about raids I guess). Also, I plan to gear ALL of these toons eventually so it's really just a question of priority.

And no love for Talia, eh? Nightsisters are such a tragedy in this game.