Old Ben or Aayla Secura?

I have just got GS to 7* and i don't know who else to aim for, old ben or aayla. Can some poeple that have both of them put some thoughts down for who's better?

Replies

• Options
    Ben is OP as leader.
  • Options
    If u think there's a better option, plot it down and I'll edit it.
  • Options
    I'll go with Old Ben .. seeing as his special skill ability block <3 and since he is a tank add him to a balanced team and you can end matches fast cause of his special skill :D so its up to you..
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    If you need a leader, Ol Ben is probably the "best" right now. And his debuffs are awesome. If you need an attacker though, definitely AA.
  • Options
    Depends on what you're looking for, really. Ultimately, if you have a favorite, level them. But for gameplay purposes, I'd go Old Ben all day. His leader ability is sick and his debuffs are really strong. Aayla's alright. There's stronger attackers. Old Ben is the best of the evade leads.
  • Options
    If you want to go for Yoda - AA - do NOT go for Old Ben. His block doesn't work on Yoda and when he dies and gives your team all those buffs...Yoda steals them and owns you :s
  • Specter0010
    236 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have ben 7 star g9 and ability maxed...waste of resources. Many will not agree but if I could take it back I would get many other before him.

P.s. stunned toons don't dodge. Fight a team with dooku and RG your old ben will not help anything. If a tank you need STH is your man.
  • Options
    Well, Aayla is very good for Yoda event and GW, on a Jedi team. I use Phasma as leader and leveling Ackbar, so i don't need another leader. Depends on what you're looking for.
  • Options
    P.s. stunned toons don't dodge. Fight a team with dooku and RG your old ben will not help anything.

I fight teams with Dooku and RG and have no issues. You forget that you have to land the stun, which 1. has to fire, 2. can be resisted, and 3. can be dodged.

Dooku and RG teams are only scary if the other three on that team are beasts, because those two are easy to handle.
  • Options
    True but same goes for old Ben landing too. I just fell like I wasted stuff on ben.
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I use Ackbar L with high tenacity. Then use him to cleanse and get a huge heal from Ben
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on your leader. But Anakin Aayla is godmode right now.
  • Options
    Alanis wrote: »
    I use Ackbar L with high tenacity. Then use him to cleanse and get a huge heal from Ben

That's a great idea!
  • Options
    Aayla is good but I feel like there's always somebody better that could be in her place. Old Ben, as much as I hate him he is still one of the more useful leaders for arena that you can use. I would farm Old Ben over Aayla.
  • Options

That's a great idea!

Theoreticaly, yes. But its not working.
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Martianski wrote: »

That's a great idea!

Theoreticaly, yes. But its not working.

Had someone else say that. But I got almost 60% on him now and OB don't effect him as much as my other toons
  • Options
    I'm using that tactics right now. My Ackbar has 85% tenacity and yes, sometimes he resist 1 or both debuffs, but more often - he dont. Keep in mind that most of the Ben's out there have potency mod. If you read some potency/tenacity threads, you will see the need of reworking the balance of these two. Right now small potency bonus totally outperforms huge tenacity values, so it seems building tenacity sets is worthless.
  • Options
    Have maxed Ayala. Ben as leader owns all day long. Ayala is ok but not great. Her kit and fives can have some hella long health bars when modded correctly.