non meta teams in top 50

Replies

• Options
    I finish top 5 regularly, often 1st or 2nd and can beat teams with 6k power over me with:

Qgj lead (g8)
    Yoda(g9)
    Ahsoka(g9)
    Leia(g10)
    Old Ben(g9)

Occasionally use Vader instead of ahsoka.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Scott wrote: »
    Jedi Counter Team:

IGD (L)
    Anakin
    QGJ
    Aayla
    Yoda

Yoda, Anakin, and QGJ all gain turn meter throughout the battle. I gave my best speed mods to Yoda, attacking so often, he usually has foresight. I put my best critical chance up mods on Aayla, she counters 100% of the time and most of the time stuns in the process. Oh, and the assists are crazy; it's not uncommon for QGJ to call Aayla who calls a third Jedi (who gets additional damage for the assist). My favorite so far, however, was QGJ calling in Aayla for an assist, who then called herself in for an assist (I didn't know that was possible).

I can easily get #1 each day as long as I don't get locked out in the last 10 minutes, and rarely drop below 12 with this setup.

Jedi Counter teams are fun!!!. I am running IGD, Anakin, Aalya, Yoda and SunFac right now. Yoda spot has switched around a bunch between Yoda, Snips, and QGJ
  • Options
  • Options
    I used to be top20, but more and more other players have been bringing in RG, Rey, and QGJ at high gear with mods. I can get up to top50 on a good day, but I'm usually just under that at 55 or so.
    Ackbar X, Luke XI, St Han X, Biggs IX, HRSc IX.
    Sometimes sub FOTP X for Biggs.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    MErGsWR.jpg

@Smapty
    Please post videos of that squad in action if you can :smile:

@tRRRey My first attempt at recording a video from iOS so hopefully this works... Tried to pick a pretty standard "meta" type team.

Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RxNmlWTksqc

That's so legit. If the devs ever fix Zam and Lando's ai, that might just be one of the strongest defensive teams as well.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Nguerra wrote: »
    MErGsWR.jpg
    Sweet evasion team, 45% evasion with han solo buff?

30%. Evasion up grants 10% Evasion. Cad leader gives 20%

@scuba every character has a basic 15% evasion that cannot be tampered with. Everything else is on top so 45% should be accurate
  • Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@Smapty

@tRRRey My first attempt at recording a video from iOS so hopefully this works... Tried to pick a pretty standard "meta" type team.

Enjoy!

Really enjoyed that video! You have built a very strong team that isn't meta. Zam looked really fun to play in arena. Good job!
  • Options
    I finish top 20 regularly, I can beat teams with 2k power over me with:

Phasma (L)
    Leia
    QGJ
    GS
    RG

I'm farm Ackbar to replace Phasma.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@scuba every character has a basic 15% evasion that cannot be tampered with. Everything else is on top so 45% should be accurate

That's just not true. Toons without evasion leads barely ever dodge. And if you go look in the stats page, it's usually 2%.
  • Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@Smapty

Enjoy!

Really enjoyed that video! You have built a very strong team that isn't meta. Zam looked really fun to play in arena. Good job!

Zam takes 3 straight turns at 0:52. Unreal!
  • Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@Smapty

Enjoy!

Ooohwee. Zam is really fun to use if you have all scoundrels living and if you can get detonators to stick. I don't have her maxed yet, so I just toy with her in gw for now. I get the easy last node so it's fun to pop her in there.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    MErGsWR.jpg

That's just not true. Toons without evasion leads barely ever dodge. And if you go look in the stats page, it's usually 2%.

Yeah. I did forget about the base 2%, I don't think it is 15%. I know it has been questioned in the past but don't think it has ever been answered by the Dev's.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@Smapty

Enjoy!

Once ST Han gets the scoundrel tag she will gain 100% TM when she detonates a bomb instead of the 80% in the video... So she can go up to 5 times in a row (and then throw detonators again). ST Han getting the evasion buff from Cad will be nice too!

Zam also gets 18% extra dodge from her unique (doubled with a negative effect on her) so around 50-70%... She dodges like crazy

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@Smapty

Enjoy!

Once ST Han gets the scoundrel tag she will gain 100% TM when she detonates a bomb instead of the 80% in the video... So she can go up to 5 times in a row (and then throw detonators again). ST Han getting the evasion buff from Cad will be nice too!

Zam also gets 18% extra dodge from her unique (doubled with a negative effect on her) so around 50-70%... She dodges like crazy

I didn't think much of Zam until I saw that video, very impressive! :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Teebo (L), Ewok Elder, rg, qgj, rey
  • Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

Yeah. I did forget about the base 2%, I don't think it is 15%. I know it has been questioned in the past but don't think it has ever been answered by the Dev's.

@scuba @Zooey 15% is what the devs have posted. When zam and b2 came out people were freaking out about characters dodging with evasion down applied and the devs responded saying that every character has a base dodge of 15%. They also have a base 15% tenacity which is why toons with tenacity down still have a chance to resist.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@scuba @Zooey 15% is what the devs have posted. When zam and b2 came out people were freaking out about characters dodging with evasion down applied and the devs responded saying that every character has a base dodge of 15%. They also have a base 15% tenacity which is why toons with tenacity down still have a chance to resist.

I know they have base 15% tenacity as I have seen dev state that. Do you have the reference to 15% base dodge?

Not that it matters to much. I went against ob lead with Han giving evasion up and most everything was missing. So the base amount be it 2% or 15% doesn't matter much. Adding 25% is crazy and adding 30% will be even more so.
  • Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

I know they have base 15% tenacity as I have seen dev state that. Do you have the reference to 15% base dodge?

Not that it matters to much. I went against ob lead with Han giving evasion up and most everything was missing. So the base amount be it 2% or 15% doesn't matter much. Adding 25% is crazy and adding 30% will be even more so.

It was at the same time when b2 and zam came out
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    That 15% might have changed since mod implementation...anyone have some info on this?
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

This just gave me a stinger
  • Options
    BOB0_FETT wrote: »
    Scored 15th yesterday
    Boba Fett lead, STH, Ackbar, Poggle, Lando
    Fun team, definitely off-meta

screenshot or it never happend

• Options
    I run Dooku lead, GS, Rey, IG86, QGJ all 7* gear 10. The team packs a good enough punch to get me in the top 30. I can live with that.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    9I3T3Nb.jpg

Was #1 at payout 3 hours ago.. Needs some tweaking as I normally use Anakin lead on this team and Rex instead of Rey and don't leave top 10 overnight
  • CWent
    241 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Khazaad wrote: »
    BOB0_FETT wrote: »
    Scored 15th yesterday
    Boba Fett lead, STH, Ackbar, Poggle, Lando
    Fun team, definitely off-meta

screenshot or it never happend

image.png

image.png

imagehost

Granted this was a month ago. All are gear 10 or 11 now. Typically land just under 20 when the bell tolls. Don't usually have time to drop stache bombs in the half hour before pay out.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Options
    The top 50 leaders on my shard:

Phasma 14
    Dooku 11
    Ben 14
    Stormtrooper Han 2
    Teebo 2
    Poggle
    HK 47 4
    Rex
    Ackbar
    Qui-Gon Jinn

To be honest, I'm surprised - all I ever fight in the top 10 is Dooku, Old Ben, and a new HK team that's identical to mine (~standard HK 86 88 JE STH)

When I do run into a Phasma team, it's a cake walk. Ackbar teams can be terrifying sometimes, and Rex teams are a delicate matter for a droid team.

The rest are a joke.

The usual #1 on my server runs Ben with Sun Fac, B2, Leia and RG - his team takes quite awhile to defeat.
  • Options
    I ran a partly non meta team for two days to see where i got:
    Phasma L, Fotp, foo, rg, qgj.
    I am on a soft launch shard, i sit between 50-110 at payout depending on the day.
    The day i started i was at 76 at 6am. By 10 pm that day, even after one pvp refresh, i was at 182.
    The second day was the same, fought my way back down to about 90, woke up at 200.

I love theme style decks, and i would love to see the game lean more towards rewarding those that strive for faction synergy, but sadly a 'rainbow' style team works better in the majority of teams. Its slowly changing with droids, ewoks etc, but im sad others dont really have any niche.

I dont use dodge decks, but sadly anything but the normal toons does not stick on defense.
    I use Phasma L, Rey, Rg, Qgj and either daka for dodge or fotp for the extra dps.
  • Options
    I've taken first quite a few times with Phasma QGJ Fives GS and Secura ^_^
  • Options
    I finish top 20 regularly, I can beat teams with 2k power over me with:

Phasma (L)
    Leia
    QGJ
    GS
    RG

I'm farm Ackbar to replace Phasma.
    You kidding? That's one of the most meta teams out there! Ok so no Rey but every character there is high on the meta list.
  • Options
    MErGsWR.jpg

@Smapty

Enjoy!

That team looks evil on offence,
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Edit.. Problem posting image