Our own power values are not matching up with others in PVP

SeroZero
154 posts Member
edited November 2015
As title states, I realized for a long while now, our own power values are insanely spiked up, for those of us that sat through the entire soft launch, we know our opponents by names since it's the same few chaps in ~top30. But I noticed a huge number of new players complaining they can't win someone 1/2 their power (because simply, their own power numbers are messed up).

Here's my example, my power level is 20,618 (omg so high!). And anyone else in top10, even Mr. 1st/2nd/3rd place, is only 14,000 at best (hahaha, I'm 6k more, 50% stronger than them! I'm gonna **** them all). This in fact is not true, I estimate my power level to be 13k++ at best, not the 20,618 shown to me lol.

Therefore in conclusion, don't use your own power level to gauge your strength with opponents in Arena, It.Is.Not.Accurate.Right.Now.

That saying, can we get a fix on this?

Replies

• Options
    Right. I am at 16k now. Found some lvl 58 with 8k. Sounded good. He smashed me like cake. Left me speechless. Didn't play arena for 2 days then.
  • Options
    Yeah I already reported this on the old forums and all I got was a "Yeah we'll look into it." and heard nothing since.
  • Options
    For lower tier players whom missed the soft launch, guess EA can only say sorry that they didn't release the global launch earlier so that everyone gets a fair shot. However, just enjoy the game ... The arena rewards has a very big gap where the rewards are the same. From rank 200-500. Get your characters shards, upgrade them and earn your position in arena. Come on ... The game can't reset for every new player right ....
  • Options
    This is bull sh°t. I'm pushing 7000+ but because they are a higher lvl and have more health I can barely hurt'em.
    ExAmple 1: Me. A Lvl. 33 with 7001 and some super strong characters. I cent beat a 35 with 5786 because he has more health because his players are 2 levels higher **** EA?
    Either lemme beast at the power level I ACTUALLY have and EARNED or fix this **** system.
  • Options
    I actually like this. I know some people are op but at the same time somtimes it forces u to think about when u will use precious heals. It really beats those other games out there were its a simple power number vs power number game. I perfer skill and luck for fun
  • Options
    Yep, the team is still working on the power values. Team compositions, leader abilities and character abilities (such as heals) can make a huge difference and should be taken into consideration when putting together your team. Don't rely on just the power values!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    I am finding same thing. At first, using battle power was fairly good. Then once I got into 8/9 k area total power I was getting destroyed by 4/5 k. How are we to gauge players in pvp if this is inaccurate. Last to days I have tried from 4k-8k and more often that not the lower end guys are just destroying me. And some of the characters must be reworked. Just too overpowering.
  • Options
    Рей невероятно сильный персонаж и это неправильно