Where did all the events go?

Prev1
I could be wrong here but is credit heist the only event we've had in the last month? (besides that stupid mod event).

Seems like we use to have events all the time, like almost one (new one) per week? Don't get me wrong I like the credit heist but does that mean we won't be getting new events?

Replies

• Jerry_Seinfeld25
    92 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Okay the starred word is just "dumb"
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Jup i realy miss these weekly events.
  • Options
    Sure wish the empire assault would come back.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sure wish the empire assault would come back.

Absolutely, a whole bunch of us weren't at 80 when that event launched, I would love to try it now.

It's also been a very long time since we had an omega event, surely that's overdue.
  • Options
    Same here Brotha, remember when they were going to do that whole slew of Jedi events and then it just stopped randomly.... Good times
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. I really enjoyed the different events. Ever since mod-bacle, we've barely seen anything. Apparently devs are too busy trying to fix bugs they just created and anyone above them is to busy trying to hire more shill reviewers for the app stores...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Ye please give us an event this week :) even an old one will do!
  • Options
    Give us the droid and empire event please.
    It'll hold us over until the next raid. . ::fingers crossed::
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Yeap, it's getting a bit boring.
    Would love to try ewok event one more time (where you need ewoks, i mean =))
  • Options
    Yes it is great that the Yoda event is now on a schedule (although I have finished it already) they other events should be the same with a countdown. Credit heist once a week, assault event once a month rotating through the ones that are already out their and a special event once a month Omega or Jedi or the like. Level 80 is boring with out something new to do.
  • Options
    I need 4 Vader shards to get to 6*, bring back the Empire event. I hope this new Biggs/Wedge synergy, and wedge being in daily rewards means that it's going to be soon.

Hopefully I can do it with just STH, Ackbar, Leia & Hoth Rebel Scout.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    The Omega events weren't supposed to be in rotation. I'd like to see the Military Might come back as I'm now ready for it. The Endor one can come back in a bit.... I'm nowhere near prepped for that one.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    And the credit heist needs to be a solid one time a week.
  • Options
    CG is **** off at all the whining, no more events 'till kids behave... >:)
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    I miss the Empire event too.
  • Options
    If they said every 6-12 days then I'm good with that as long as it isn't every 6-12 business days, which honestly wouldn't surprise me lol. But yeah the events are the best, they change the game up, basically the best part of the game IMO. Call me crazy but I feel like there should be at least one event each week, if not more.
  • artax
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Make the Yoda event doable for people that have done it for some sorta reward was a pretty cool battle
  • Options
    Lol so much of this game is just simming now, don't get me wrong that's an awesome edition. (whether the sim drop rate is broken or not)

But still I want to do more than just sim everyday. Like GW is cool but repetitive.
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »

They're probably just on vacation
  • Options
    Maybe like the kit one that got pulled people were not spending enough crystal refreshes on them
  • Options
    Destroyed, by the Empire.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options
    If you have the time a few thread are here on events.

See NO.10 for the main change to this and help us push changes for a better game.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/60085/small-life-changes-library-updated-regularly-have-your-say-on-game-improvements#latest
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    aerendhil wrote: »

They're probably just on vacation

Plausible. It is end of summer.

At this point in time, I'd even settle for once a month. Caspgasp over in reddit said they're working on events but are slammed right now.
  • Options
    dev may had serious mood swing problem, reason....whale rage quit
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    It's simple...just release an event every week or every other week and watch the mood change amongst many of the players. Many are frustrated at the devs for all the issues that happen with each update. The mod debacle caused many to quit. All they have to do is release some events that have already been proven to work and many players like. That would distract people from other issues and give us resources we are seeking. It's the least they could do for customer support and for keeping interest in the game. Release some events and my attitude will change.

@EA_Jesse
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Those events are already developed, they have an achievement associated, they require certain characters meaning they are a good incentive to spend money. Yet they seem to happen once or twice a year.

Sometimes I don't understand. Are they being tweaked to take into account mods? Having them on a recurring schedule a la yoda would be best.
  • Options
    I think the participation is making them not have them. Not many people have a only jawa team, or a scoundrel team, etc. it seems like those events are for p2p players only and I am not sure there are that many left. They need to start catering more to f2p players and maybe they will start paying a little money to do more.
  • clarkdiesel
    306 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    I think the participation is making them not have them. Not many people have a only jawa team, or a scoundrel team, etc. it seems like those events are for p2p players only and I am not sure there are that many left. They need to start catering more to f2p players and maybe they will start paying a little money to do more.

No, if they make an event return periodically, it makes most start farming for it. It's not catered to P2P at all. Every event they have done can be completed with FTP toons. By making these events return more frequently, more players will spend to get them completed. Plus, it generates more excitement with actual stuff to do vs hitting the sim or auto button a lot of the time. If you miss out on the event because you don't have a specific faction, then you can farm for the next one. Problem is, there isn't a next one and no dev or EA/CG will come on here and address it. If they made each event return more often on a set schedule, then you can keep working to complete it just like the Yoda event.

@EA_Jesse

• Options
    Yup. I was about to start a begging thread for the return of the empire assault... I.m stockpiling resources for the new raid and was thinking... What would make me spend them prematurely... And it was that.

Then I figured well at least I'd be spending them for w bit of fun... I like the events.

I do wonder if it's due to balancing with the mods, as they got the balance wrong with the yoda event when it came back after a big update, so maybe they're actually learning from their mistakes....

But an event return would be good... I also expect we won't see credit heist till after they add to the scoundrel roster... Can you imagine the outcry if we have credit event tomorrow, scoundrel update Friday....

Turukano
  • Options
    Omega event is coming this weekend. Read the update notes