POLL: Clone Troopers: Rex, Cody, Fives, others -> Should they wear their helmets?

Divinity
5 posts Member
edited August 2016
Want to make a poll for this, as some other players seemed to be interested in this being implemented too. I really am. It seems like others are as well. But I'd like to find out. I don't think it would be hard to do or take up that much resources. Thanks for voting / reading :smile:

Note:
I'm not trying to be picky and I am not asking this just to make the devs cater to my whim, this genuinely does matter to me and I think changing their models would improve the game. Rex and Cody with their helmets just look plain awesome. Without them... it's just kind of... meh

Throughout the Clone Wars series, the clone commanders rarely take their helmets off (and even in the movies, Cody only takes his helmet off for two scenes, and always has it on in battle - Rex never takes his off). Also I (personally) think that they look much nicer with their helmets on (it was one of the coolest signature parts about the clones) and others have expressed similar sentiments regarding this in other threads where it has been discussed (not to say everyone thinks this).

Also - the fact that they may look cooler with their helmets aside - doesn't it just make more sense that they would wear their helmets when going into battle as opposed to not wearing them? Even in the Clone Wars TV series they almost always wore their helmets into battle.

I'd really like to hear the opinions of more users on this. Thanks!

POLL: Clone Troopers: Rex, Cody, Fives, others -> Should they wear their helmets? 66 votes

Yes - change the character models so that they have their helmets!
36%
ShewardNTreTunaDeathstrokevincentlondonFAED_EmperorDookiedog68Zombie961AeroOle_Man_BourbonDevinSackfieldDarth_NihilusBatman44gamingMrGripsDarthZannaHDeendrechtscar1029Awesom3_Kill_Joyd49ers1FarrsonCloneLoc 24 votes
Yes - but make it a toggle-able option, do not change the default models
40%
Brownieunit900000PsychoticRage924OobydoobmedetecItsJarJarBinkzEgo12DraconisDarth_Jay77MarkatonamasternikolaosaerendhiltRRReydirty_quesadillaBrandedPhoenixQuentinOllah38Remington_EwingEetsdaBoussSpeedRacerEscapeArtist51SkyCake 27 votes
No - leave the Clone Commanders bereft of their helmets
22%
WhiteroomDeadHeadAndyEventineElessedilleefSkirataSpecter0010SpiroTelmoabffJuancho787Strikerflux_ronojaraelYourOnIyHopeDaveyDangerousDefense1236 15 votes

Replies

• SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed that they look better with their helmets on. I would personally have their helmets on if it was a toggle option. The reason I picked the toggle poll option is because I think several characters could use a toggle option for slight visual changes, such as Asajj with her cloak or not. And, choice can be good since some would be upset they spent money on a changed model. Of course, it wouldn't have much of an impact on the game and there's other more important things (and all the other things people insist preaching on the forums). If it wasn't an option in your poll, probably would have picked Yes to change the model.
  • Divinity
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SkyCake wrote: »
    Agreed that they look better with their helmets on. I would personally have their helmets on if it was a toggle option. The reason I picked the toggle poll option is because I think several characters could use a toggle option for slight visual changes, such as Asajj with her cloak or not. And, choice can be good since some would be upset they spent money on a changed model. Of course, it wouldn't have much of an impact on the game and there's other more important things (and all the other things people insist preaching on the forums). If it wasn't an option in your poll, probably would have picked Yes to change the model.

Thanks a lot for your input. I would like to say that I would be just as happy if it was made a toggle able option - and I almost think that might be the better choice now because I wouldn't want to make other players angry who already have the character and like him without his helmet.

I think that toggle option for hood up / down for some of the jedi characters would be a great addition too, (like you mentioned) and would like to see it added to the game as well.

Perhaps both features could come in an update (it seems like it would be very simple to do).

• TreTuna
    155 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    They do actually take their helmets of a lot in the Clone Wars series, but never in battle. That being said, I'd rather have them with helmets on.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • Options
    How to create a poll?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Cosmetic microtransactions. Honestly I'm baffled they aren't in GoH yet.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Your poll is flawed. There is no "I don't give a ****" option.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    This doesn't matter so very much.
  • Options
    It bugs me so much
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Hopefully they will take action... as poll result is 76% in favor of giving Clone Commanders their helmets to 23% not in favor of it... Hopefully someone can show this to the devs, or they will find it! Thanks guys!
  • Options
    I'd want at least five or echo to so its easier to tell the difference between them
  • Options
    Divinity wrote: »
    Hopefully they will take action... as poll result is 76% in favor of giving Clone Commanders their helmets to 23% not in favor of it... Hopefully someone can show this to the devs, or they will find it! Thanks guys!

I've seen this thread 4-5 times(I made one of them)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Divinity wrote: »

I've seen this thread 4-5 times(I made one of them)

It is saddening to know then, that it just gets ignored by the devs :(
  • Options
    Neat idea. Toggleable. different skins in general is a great idea. Completely cosmetic, good revenue, and also completely ignorable. Although the initial cost would cause the devs to shy away I see proof in many other games(destiny being a prime example) where cosmetic addons benefit all parties.
  • Spiro
    58 posts Member
    Options
    It becomes like the Jawa and geonosians, I can't tell the buggers apart in battle
  • Options
    They Should sell costume options, such a Basic business standard nowadays. Beats me how they missed it
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Polls disabled
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
This discussion has been closed.