Character tags

Buckeye92
15 posts Member
edited August 2016
Since they are adding separatist tags to characters shouldn't they be adding republic tags to characters as well.

Also this isn't really a big deal since there's no synergy for humans but there are a decent amount of human characters missing the human tag. Ex. Princess Leia and Qui-Gon Jinn

Replies

• DrJ
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think the human tag is rather pointless lol
  • Options
    I think they won't do republic because a bunch of heroes would be republic. Ex. All clones, Yoda, all jedi(excluding old ben) and etc.
    You now why I'm here
  • Options
    If they added the republic tag they would have 17 heroes with it and thats way too many people
    You now why I'm here
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Some of these tags are more timeline based. Republic might be too broad but there are alot of possible tags.

We gotta give them some slack, we are not being show the big picture, some tags will either come up in some way or are possible placeholders....we shall see.
  • Options
    If they added the republic tag they would have 17 heroes with it and thats way too many people
    You now why I'm here
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    The tag on its own means nothing. It's what you do with it. Even then, you can only have 5 at a time anyways. You can't have too many in a faction.
  • Options
    They said someplace (I don't remember where, but I definitely remember reading it) that the Human tag is a legacy holdover from alpha. They put it on characters when the game was being developed with the intention of using it, but never came up with something to use it for. (I'm speculating within these parantheses--But I think the reason they didn't use it is because there aren't enough non-human characters to justify species synergy. Ackbar's the only Mon Calamari, for example, so who would he synergize with? Meanwhile there are humans all over the place, so any human species bonus would apply to such a wide range as to unbalance the mechanic. /end of speculation!) So they've stopped adding it to new characters as they're released.

From time to time they'll release a new character who happens to have the Human tag. They said these characters were designed alongside the game, they just hadn't been released until now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.