How is Over-damage Counted in Raids?

kello_511
1648 posts Member
Ok, here is a scenario.

Two guildmates start phase 1 at the same time. 1 guy does 500k and the other solos the whole phase. I know in that case, the 500k is wasted as it doesn't count toward the rancor, it just counts towards guild rankings.

Second scenario:

Same two guild mates enter phase 1 at the same time. First guy solo's the phase and does an additional 100k on phase 2 during that same run. The second guy does the same, kills the captain and does an additional 100k to phase 2.

In scenario 2, does the rancor have 100k damage or 200k damage done in phase 2?

Replies

• Options
    200k on phase 2
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I see what you are saying in scenario 1, but it's not totally correct. In any case I can think of P1 would be defeated by the guild before anyone soloing can finish, so the 500k isn't wasted it's the damage done by the soloist thats"wasted" and only counts towards personal best.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    200k on phase 2

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know: if those same two guys waited until the rest of the guild finished phase 1 and phase 2 BEFORE they end their attacks, what happens to that 200k damage?
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    200k on phase 2

Thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know: if those same two guys waited until the rest of the guild finished phase 1 and phase 2 BEFORE they end their attacks, what happens to that 200k damage?

Any extra damage done on a phase is not counted towards the overall raid damage but is counted for each individual's damage amount.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I was hoping for, thanks!
    Today we had 5 people solo phase 1, which did way too much damage to phase 2. The rest of our guild is missing chances to attack phase 2 because of it.
  • Options
    If you have people who can solo phase 1, you need to make sure no one else is in while they're doing it. No one. Save those attacks for later, where they'll actually help you finish the raid. If you're not in tier 7, maybe you need to move up. If you are, some of them need to save it for p4.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    We are tier 7 and the problem is we are way over killing it. Our members who don't have decent squads for phase 1 like a chance to attack phase 2 and 3 - but today we had 5 guys solo phase 1, and our collective "over-damage" to phase 2 was so much that we almost wiped it out - phase 2 had Around 30% health left.

That hurt a lot of our members as that meant many fewer members got to attack phase 2 (and subsequently phase 3).