Should Synergy factor into Arena Power?

While GW seems fair on paper (slowly increasing the team powers with easy nodes every so often), it seems like you alternate between ridiculously easy and frustratingly impossible at the last hard nodes. I agree with the devs, the way GW is set up should work and doesn't need to be reworked, and the only thing that makes sense to me is the synergy factor. It seems to me like teams with nothing in common (your typical Phasma Dooku Lumi type squads) are the easy nodes, even all level 80, and the all droid or all Jedi teams at the same rank are incredibly challenging. Maybe this is the way to balance GW and add an accurate measure to arena power: some kind of synergy level from toon to toon. Thoughts?

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Arena power and character power is hardly a factor to begin with. Chewbacca has the highest power in game while geonosian spy has second lowest... But guess which one I'd be worried about in arena?
    Power is easily ignorable... As an actual gauge check the rings around that character and poke them to see some stats. Power is arbitrary
  • Options
    Character power contributes to arena power and it's common knowledge that they use arena power as a gauge in how hard GW is. And that's exactly my point, power is ignorable right now (although gear affects power way more than anything- I have a toon at one star less than the other with 400 points more power level because of gear). My point is if your team's synergy contributed to arena power, teams would probably find GW more balanced. If two teams have the same power level but one is a droid team with HK lead and JE and the other is Phasma, JC, Lumi, Dooku, and *insert tank of player's choosing here*, which would you rather face in GW? Because that is exactly what I dealt with on node 12 the last two days, and guess which team I smoked and which team is just about impossible for a mid level 80 like me?
  • Options
    NO!