Mercing ended - please explain

Prev13
Can someone explain what this is going to do? Does this mean people will no longer be able to help out on T7 raids, and people will no longer be able to guild hop?

If so not cool, it was the only way people could actually amass rewards and gain on higher ranking players in the guild. Guess people will always be stuck with what rewards they're getting and recruiting new members will be impossible. Another cool aspect ruined by EAs greed... Surprise surprise

Replies

• Options
    Mercs can still exist, but they'll have to be doing it just to help people complete raids and not for any rewards for themselves. So, I'm sure most people will stop doing this but there will def be a few players around who are just bored and want to help people out. Maybe?
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    To incentivize players to remain in one guild and mitigate some known exploits associated with Guild Switching, there is now a 48 hour cooldown period where a player will not receive Raid rewards for a Raid completed within 48 hours of leaving the previous Guild.

"Mercs" can still do it, just not as often. :)
  • Options
    To incentivize players to remain in one guild and mitigate some known exploits associated with Guild Switching, there is now a 48 hour cooldown period where a player will not receive Raid rewards for a Raid completed within 48 hours of leaving the previous Guild.

"Mercy" can still do it, just not as often. :)

48 hour cool down that's crazy, isn't the heroic raid only open for two days? And what guilds dont regularly finish a raid in two days unless they're hopping up to a new raid tier? This is so frustrating now all of the top people are going to leave for T7s and the guilds happily raiding at T5 are going to be screwed.
  • Options
    Oh well before I killed by supporters of ending it... I guess it is what it is
  • Options
    Why on earth wouldn't you want to do t7s? It only takes 20 people with 2 squads to clear one. The only hold back on a smaller guild is not being able to generate raid coins as fast.
  • Options
    It's a joke.

With mods there is zero reason people can't clear a raid.
  • Options
    Why on earth wouldn't you want to do t7s? It only takes 20 people with 2 squads to clear one. The only hold back on a smaller guild is not being able to generate raid coins as fast.

Well if I'm being completely honest the reason I don't like the change is that previously I would hop between 1-3 T5 guilds per day (luck dependent) and earn anywhere from 600-1800+ guild coins a day and 600k in credits. But now I can't do that :(. It gave me a leg up on dudes getting the bukoo awesome T7 rewards that I wouldn't have placed as in.... Ya feel me
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

Well if I'm being completely honest the reason I don't like the change is that previously I would hop between 1-3 T5 guilds per day (luck dependent) and earn anywhere from 600-1800+ guild coins a day and 600k in credits. But now I can't do that :(. It gave me a leg up on dudes getting the bukoo awesome T7 rewards that I wouldn't have placed as in.... Ya feel me

And now you have the answer to why the changes
  • Options
    Actually the 'merc scene' was a pretty cool distraction to get more playing time, meet and help new people, and get some extra rewards in the process.

Where it failed was having to leave the guild to do it. Devs should embrace it, feature it, let guilds post to a merc board, let players take odd jobs but remain in guild... could be very cool socially - and the need all the social they can get.
  • Options
    Anyone can do it ya billy goat it's called putting in work. A little risk reward action some days you hop into a guild that's not raiding and burn your jumps. Now the game just becomes static
  • Options
    Actually the 'merc scene' was a pretty cool distraction to get more playing time, meet and help new people, and get some extra rewards in the process.

Where it failed was having to leave the guild to do it. Devs should embrace it, feature it, let guilds post to a merc board, let players take odd jobs but remain in guild... could be very cool socially - and the need all the social they can get.

+1 gave people something more to do after all of your battle attempts ran out and you completed GW/energy ran out.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Luckily since you do it to be social you still can. You just won't get all the rewards that weren't intended.
  • Jerry_Seinfeld25
    92 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Man I don't do it be social I do it to further my teams progression. You still have to put time and effort into it and there's a risk of not getting any rewards... Besides the developers never said guild hopping wasn't intended and it was never discouraged
  • Options
    LordRath wrote: »
    Luckily since you do it to be social you still can. You just won't get all the rewards that weren't intended.

well you can't now because youre jeopardizing youre own guild rewards also
  • Options
    Additionally it's not like you were stealing the top rewards because teams usually had a day advantage. I would regularly come in and put up 750k+ or more be in the top 20 but rarely top 10 so it's really win win, they finish their raid faster get my added daily coins and I'd get the credit bump
  • Options

LOL got him there!!!
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Additionally it's not like you were stealing the top rewards because teams usually had a day advantage. I would regularly come in and put up 750k+ or more be in the top 20 but rarely top 10 so it's really win win, they finish their raid faster get my added daily coins and I'd get the credit bump

K0w6A1.gif

May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

K0w6A1.gif

While I don't understand your gif, it did make me chuckle...touché
  • Options
    Not really maybe you did enjoy the social aspect of hopping but who would do that for free? Honestly my biggest issue with this is that they're limiting one aspect of gaining credits without adding in a different method. If they truly cared about the players that wouldn't have eliminated the hopping aspect but would have instead introduced a payment system that rewards being staying with one guild based on weekly production or longevity.
  • Options

"Mercy" can still do it, just not as often. :)

48 hour cool down that's crazy, isn't the heroic raid only open for two days? And what guilds dont regularly finish a raid in two days unless they're hopping up to a new raid tier? This is so frustrating now all of the top people are going to leave for T7s and the guilds happily raiding at T5 are going to be screwed.

Open for 2 days...I wouldn't even know. My guild finishes them in 12 hours only because we limit everyone to a single attack. Even so, we get to about 25% left on the rancor after one attack each.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

K0w6A1.gif

While I don't understand your gif, it did make me chuckle...touché

User Jerry Seinfeld... Another problem u can blamed on Newman... Please tell me you have watched "Seinfeld" the tv show....... :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Freaking Newman Seinfeld6.jpg
  • hoot
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Should make it 24 hours not 48
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Well said.
    Funny how all of a sudden people are ok with guild hopping once the change was announced
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    hoot wrote: »
    Should make it 24 hours not 48

Should have left it alone, it was the most enjoyable part of the game.
    Ru Baruba Maral
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Well said.
    Funny how all of a sudden people are ok with guild hopping once the change was announced

I have always been okay with guild hopping and have always vocalized my support for it
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Well said.

I have always been okay with guild hopping and have always vocalized my support for it

You're definitely in the minority then
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    LOL who would leave their guild for 48 hours and not get any rewards.
  • Jerry_Seinfeld25
    92 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Well said.

You're definitely in the minority then

I actually don't think I am, no one brought it up before because it was an acceptable thing to do. Why would you complain about something if you liked it. Heck why would you even make a forum post about how much you like guild hopping or mercs who help you complete 7* raids if you liked it. People usually create forum post for things they dislike about the game so there wasn't a lot of vocaliziation for supporting guild hopping but I bet you'll see an outcry once it's gone
  • Options
    I wish the rule would not apply to your own guild. I would help other guilds for no rewards, but when i come back to my original guild, i am punished if we raid again within 48 hrs.