Taunt - Should be a buff and debuff

Bladerz
6 posts Member
edited August 2016
The one buff I have been questioning in the game is taunt. I have like most players out there experienced a variety of battles and team composition where a player can use abilities to buff and debuff characters to create an advantage for their team. However for all the buffs and debuffs out there, the most beneficial in my opinion is taunt because it is broken.

Taunt is a powerful buff and debuff for the simple reason that it buys time for attackers or characters that the player needs to keep alive. The reason I have said it is also a debuff is because it locks the enemy team into focusing that character.

For this reason, I can't understand why taunt is only considered a buff when considering the fact that is actually affecting the enemy team.

Right now if a player uses taunt, you aren't even given a chance to resist it. You are immediately baited to that character and the only way to get around it is to have an AoE ability to damage other targets or to use a dispel ability to cancel the taunt which still works on a chance system.

In my opinion, taunt should work like an A and B system. The taunt user should be assigned taunt 'A' as the buff and the enemy characters should be given taunt 'B' as the Debuff (which should have a chance for the enemy player's tenacity to trigger so that they are not baited without a chance to resist the taunt).
Post edited by Bladerz on