Does lowering your arena team's Squad Power change the toughness of the GW???

Does this work? Or it doesn't matter. Tired of not being able to complete the last two nodes. Node 6 is a pain now too. My squad power is 35,000

Replies

• Options
    I need people who have done this to respond. Thank you
  • Options
    Stays the same I believe.
  • Options
    CG just says too bad. Good luck. Tell you what I do. I try to make it to node 12 with A squad hopefully...maybe 1-2 toons lost. Then I throw my entire collection at node 12 starting with the weakest squad and working my way up to C team, then B, then A. Hopefully by the time A/B get there...I've taken out a lot of protection and maybe 1-2 of the other teams toons. It's still a joke they think it's working correctly. Correctly would be having a matchmaking system that took into account the mods. It's such a joke how overpowered my A team is by the node 12 team. The mods destroyed a fair battle. Their algorithm was turned into the biggest pile of **** when mods were added. Basically they want you to spend $$$ to get your mods all 5dot, A, level 15. Like credits weren't an issue already.
  • Options
    GW is hard. As I rose through the the ranks and toons there were times I could finish it and times I couldn't. I kept working on my squads and my strategies. You'll get to where you can always clear it. Persistence and perseverance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    No.

But I will say this. Switching from meta to droids( which were a lower %) months back has been my saving grace as far as GW is concerned. I didn't have qgj and was building up rg, and decided to build up droids instead. Now having built a solid droid team left me a Meta squad as my b team.

I know this is not a solution but the full roster I have produced is a great asset to completing GW.

I know it's tough but I think the devs have
    GW right, the goal is to make ppl develop toons they might not have developed for an arena team. This game is more then arena.
  • Options
    Lol, no it's not. This is purely arena. "Developed teams" that aren't arena just get crushed by the arena max gear teams at the end of GW. Get lost dude.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    I've tried it before and lowering doesn't do anything. You're still registered @ that power level. Here's my suggested list of important units to gear up by order since it's the team I use to finish GW in 20-30 minutes
    1. Rey - Max whenever possible
    2. RG - At least Gear8 lvl74+
    3. QGJ - Max whenever possible
    4. Phasma - At least Gear8 lvl 78+
    5. Lumi - At least Gear8 lvl70+
    6. GS - At least Gear9 lvl 78+
    7. Teebo - At least Gear8 lvl 70+
    8. Chewie - At least Gear8 lvl70+
    9. IG-86 - At least Gear8 lvl 78+
  • Options
    GW is just broken. Really needs to be fixed
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    You will hit a breaking point when GW does get easier. Not sure that's through code or just a deeper bench. Not saying it's ideal and I simpathize with the frustration but if you stick with it in a few months it will not be a problem.
  • Options
    I lowered my arena squad power from 35,000 to 29,000 yesterday. After restarting the GW this morning it's still the same level of toughness. :(
    They threatened to ban me for complaining about the GW already. I guess I'll just stop at the point I'm getting ready to throw my phone. Very sad. I just don't understand why they think the GW is not broken. It was very different before the Protection Bar update. Played for months without all of these GW issues.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it doesn't get easier with arena power changes. Otherwise everyone who couldn't beat it would do this and have super easy GWs.

In the last game update a dev said it's supposed to be hard and require multiple teams. But if your best team gets stumped on a node, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about it. It takes a lot of resources to get a 5-toon team maxed geared, leveled, and omegad. Good luck doing that to multiple teams with no credits.

• Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    Yeah it doesn't get easier with arena power changes. Otherwise everyone who couldn't beat it would do this and have super easy GWs.

In the last game update a dev said it's supposed to be hard and require multiple teams. But if your best team gets stumped on a node, I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about it. It takes a lot of resources to get a 5-toon team maxed geared, leveled, and omegad. Good luck doing that to multiple teams with no credits.

So, what you're saying is that you can't even get past node 1? Or can't you finish it?

Reason I ask is due to the fact that even getting to node 8 or 9 you've gotten ~300k for actually doing nothing other than participating in GW. Which in my eyes is free credits. Yet you have the audacity to complain about receiving something for free? Okay... Sure... That makes sense.
  • Options
    I usually use teebo(l) ewok elder rg old daka and a dps char and with a few retry i usually get to the last two battles, then i use my droid team to outgun the last two battles or use phasma b team to soften them... Gw is about how many chars you have to use, stops people just focusing on arena i suppose.

Even without the ewoks if your watching tm and using stuns its still possible

Hope that helps... This game is almost broke, it crashes every ten mins... Chatting in guild chat is near impossible and considering the money everyone has spent it makes me wonder how it could get so bad
  • Options
    Btw im not complaining... I already have learned helplessness lol
  • Options
    It's your top five highest power characters, whether you use them in arena or not.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »

So, what you're saying is that you can't even get past node 1? Or can't you finish it?

Reason I ask is due to the fact that even getting to node 8 or 9 you've gotten ~300k for actually doing nothing other than participating in GW. Which in my eyes is free credits. Yet you have the audacity to complain about receiving something for free? Okay... Sure... That makes sense.

I beat it every day in 15 minutes with a maxed droid team. I'm talking about those who can't complete it.

And "free credits" is a huge part of the game. Without those the game is no longer F2P and you get nowhere.
  • Options
    that is wrong
    I used the same five toons in arena for the time I leveled akbar and leia.
    When I put a team together with both arena power was considerably higher than my standard arena team.
    Since I heard node 12 gets the all green lower level chars when you pass 37k arena power I patiently waited.
    When I got above 37k I used a akbar/leia-combo plus my strongest toons and climbed up.
    Next day nodes 1-11 were harder, but node 12 was easy.

Tl:dr
    It is the team you actually finish an arena fight with that changes your gw, not your strongest toons.
  • BrazilianJoe
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The only consistent thing which I could verify myself (YMMV):

Once the 5 most powerful chars in your roster surpass a certain threshold of power, last node on GW becomes the easiest. Unrelated to Arena team or anything else, just the 5 most powerful ones in your roster.

Try focusing on your 5 top chars.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    CG just says too bad. Good luck. Tell you what I do. I try to make it to node 12 with A squad hopefully...maybe 1-2 toons lost. Then I throw my entire collection at node 12 starting with the weakest squad and working my way up to C team, then B, then A. Hopefully by the time A/B get there...I've taken out a lot of protection and maybe 1-2 of the other teams toons. It's still a joke they think it's working correctly. Correctly would be having a matchmaking system that took into account the mods. It's such a joke how overpowered my A team is by the node 12 team. The mods destroyed a fair battle. Their algorithm was turned into the biggest pile of **** when mods were added. Basically they want you to spend $$$ to get your mods all 5dot, A, level 15. Like credits weren't an issue already.

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong. Don't use one team, with subs when toons die, all the way through. In fact, don't use your very best team at all except to load their TM on one easy node and then on the really hard nodes. Also, don't throw toons you haven't used yet at node 12 as suicide squads. They'll get slaughtered and you're giving the other team an advantage.

I can't believe that people who do not listen to advice, in fact do the exact opposite of pretty sound advice, still come on here and complain.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    OP, no, at this point lowering your power will not help. Raising your power will.

Work on your whole roster. Ewoks work great. Others have said droids work great. I bet they do. Any way you cut it, work on your roster and make the whole team better. That's your first goal.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    So, wait, you get to node 12 every day and usually beat it, albeit by using all the characters you've collected?

...Isn't that LITERALLY THE EXACT THING GALACTIC WAR IS DESCRIBED AS?

Batdude21 wrote: »
    I lowered my arena squad power from 35,000 to 29,000 yesterday. After restarting the GW this morning it's still the same level of toughness. :(
    I never looked too hard at it, but I remember someone saying the original matching was based on the power ranking of your top five characters no matter if you used them or not. Then there was that update months ago and I remember someone saying that a CG employee said on Reddit that it was based on the highest power rating of teams you beat recently in Arena. I don't remember what, exactly, "recently" means, so it could be the last 24 hours, the last 5 days, or the last month meaning, if this is true, that you would have to significantly lower your Arena rank for a prolonged amount of time to get any benefit.

Again, as I said, that's assuming any of the above is even true.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

If the matchmaking was based on the total power of the top X toons, which I assume, and power from mods has been corrected, GW will be less hard.
  • Options
    Also I believe that there is a total power cap for all 12 teams you have to beat, that could cause the funny 12th node, where I get always white to green geared low star toons.
  • AbeTheFearless
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I finish gw everyday on my alt which is only lvl 76. I never loose a toon. I use droids and rotate the 4th and 5th toons between daka, rg, je, and nebit. stop.complaining and build a decent roster. I facertainly lvl 80 g10&11 fully modded teams for the last 3 nodes and node 6
  • Options
    I think protection is the key issue. By the time I reach the last node, I'm out of protection so it's unload everything and still get slaughtered or play all your lower toons throughout gw and save your best...but node 6 blows that strategy up...
  • Viruschill
    154 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    As valuable as your A team is in Gw your C team is just as valuable. Even your level 1 toons are valuable. I start with C team work to node 6 where I use a bunch of low level green geared toons to absorb specials, then swap in A team to mop up. Same with node 9. 10 is usually a recharge node. Then 11 is the royal pain in the butt. Try using a bunch of low level green geared toons to absorb specials get tanks to taunt etc. If they don't then retreat mix it up and try again. Once you get that use a B team to take as much health protection as you can from highest dps toon. Then use your A team to clean up. Luckily node 12 is a freebie.
  • Options
    I have had no problem beating gw EVER until mods were introduced. A couple weeks after they were and now I can hardly get past node 8. This needs to be fixed asap, it is very annoying.
  • Options
    I use Rebels to smack nodes 1-11. Ackbar (L), Biggs (or Leia), Lando, HRScout, Lumi. I usually sub in ST Han (for Lumi) for last node, since Lumi and Ackbar Keep health at 100% if you time it right (play smart), and his turn meter does a lot for rebels and taunt keeps them alive for at least one good clash. Basically, make sure Lando has upwards of 50% crit chance and some crit damage up mods. He rolls through the first 8 nodes easy. Ackbar gives him double AOE blow ups. Scout stuns and DPS down any tanks along with Bigss or Leia for crit advantage. Lumi heals people when you have one or two toons left to kill after a fight. Ackbar keeps the statuses from bringing you down, and heals max health for some nasty turn arounds. Rebels get bonus attacks for any non damaging ability. It's a slaughter fest, and rebels almost always strike first and recover quickly. They only get around top 25 in arena, but they **** GW. If rebels lose either node 11 or 12, I sub in my ewok team. Ewoks by themselves are annoying. With either ST Han, Leia, or Rey (depending on the siuation) They can best any AI squad IMHO and experience.

Never lost GW with these two teams. Best part is I have been 100% F2P from day one, which was about five months ago.

It takes time to gear up two solid teams, but there is a point where you can get through GW in about an hour on a BAD day. Don't get discouraged by the grind. Embrace it, because all those credits are worth the struggle. On a good day (Lots of droid teams and dodge meta teams for fast Ackbar heals) I can GW in 30 minutes. With time in between to arena battle and sim my challenges. Good Luck guys. Hope this keeps your chins up!