Luck or skill?

Sgt_Strategy
114 posts Member
edited January 2016
PVP at this point seems to dictate each match with luck in the first round. It seems whatever approach u take u cant avoid the luck that accounts for. Ur only hope is to play out a nice strategy and hope ur attackers arent decimated before they move (i have maul and sid). I would like to see a change where more skill is involved. What say u?

Luck or skill? 18 votes

Change and make it more skill and think oriented
88% 16 votes
Keep it with little thought and skill and lots of luck
11% 2 votes

Replies

• Options
    Just tell us what you want us to say.
  • Options
    Thing is a great example of how one can make a poll and achieve the results you want by asking the questions in a certain way. :D

You have a bright future in politics.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Thing is a great example of how one can make a poll and achieve the results you want by asking the questions in a certain way. :D

You have a bright future in politics.

Yes, just create a false dichotomy... All this or all that and give no other options.
  • Options
    Obviously turn meter also plays a role.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    PVP can be skill oriented. If you have a modest free player team then yes, you'll need skill to win and rank up in PVP. If you have a few thousand to spend on IAP, you can then just put together one of the cookie-cutter P2W teams of Lando, Leia, Qui-Gon, etc. and then strategy becomes much less important. Even if you don't have the perfect synergy, it doesn't matter because you have endless money for refreshes so you can just keep refreshing until you are in the #1 spot....
  • Options
    There will never be any real skill in something like this since you don't do anything but select a target and tap the screen. Sure, there is a bit of strategy in how you may select those targets or the team you put together but the results can be NOTHING like how you expect them to be.

It is especially true in arena where you only see the leader of the teams so you have no idea what the rest of the team is like. If you decide to roll with a certain squad and it turns out to be a favourable one against your opponent's squad then that is just luck.

Blows my mind people talk about skill in this app. Is it skill when your character either procs a critical hit or is it a lack of skill when the AI character does?

Furthermore, you could face the exact same team, do your exact same plan and have wildly different results. That's not the definition of skill.

Makes me think people who talk about skill are just those in real life who don't have any real skill at anything so they seem to seek out a simplistic mobile app to define their "skill"
  • Options
    shimmy wrote: »
    There will never be any real skill in something like this since you don't do anything but select a target and tap the screen. Sure, there is a bit of strategy in how you may select those targets or the team you put together but the results can be NOTHING like how you expect them to be.

It is especially true in arena where you only see the leader of the teams so you have no idea what the rest of the team is like. If you decide to roll with a certain squad and it turns out to be a favourable one against your opponent's squad then that is just luck.

Blows my mind people talk about skill in this app. Is it skill when your character either procs a critical hit or is it a lack of skill when the AI character does?

Furthermore, you could face the exact same team, do your exact same plan and have wildly different results. That's not the definition of skill.

Makes me think people who talk about skill are just those in real life who don't have any real skill at anything so they seem to seek out a simplistic mobile app to define their "skill"

Shimmy... I love u. Thank u for being a smart person.

First, u agree with me unlike some others in the comments who claim they are Gods at strategy.

Second, u managed to think. U said "im only going to reply if i have something nice and supportive to say" and i love u for that. There are too many critics on here that pss me off.

This is in no way sarcasm and if u could send gifts to people i would send u a million credits