Clear rules regarding guild hopping and alt farming please

TommySitt
1690 posts Member
Many of us would like to know what is considered a bannable exploit, and what is allowable regarding guild hopping and alt farming for the purpose of raiding in addition to the regular raids with your home guild.

This latest update wasn't specific, it just said that the goal was to discourage guild hopping and some known exploits. What are these exploits?

Basically, we would like to know if it is allowable or not to run alts in a partner guild, then pull those and put in our main accounts to raid and receive rewards if completed after the 48 hr cooldown, and then resume raiding in our home guild after the next 48 hr cooldown.

Is this allowable, or is it not?

I can't call out specific people or groups, so please would someone with authority to speak on this matter provide a definitive answer.

We look forward to bering from you.

Replies

• Options
    The patch fixed the exploit or exploits (whatever it was, we don't know) so anything within the game mechanics are allowable.
    Ru Baruba Maral
  • Options
    Didn't EA literally say those who guild hopped were being helpful and some crap? It was like when guild hopping was discovered.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't EA literally say those who guild hopped were being helpful and some ****? It was like when guild hopping was discovered.

Yes, pretty much. It's amusing to me: "Hopping to assist other guilds is cool and helpful....so let's put a stop to it." lol. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't forget that the player who first unlocked Han Solo was praised via a inbox message to all players! Guildhopping/alt farming was never considered an exploit by the dev team. Still isn't, just made a little more difficult to keep players from doing excessive amounts of raids. 1 heroic raid per day was acceptable back then, and still is with the 48h rule. (on average ofcourse, with 2 day wait periodes between multiple raids in different guilds)
    ps. I'm not a guildhopper myself, and i wouldnt mind if they completely removed the possibility to guildhop with a new update. (guildcoins tied to a account instead of to a guild was proposed when it was a "hot topic", seems to me that is still a solid plan)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Sounds legit, but we would feel better if we had a specific answer. We'll most likely still hop. I just don't want them to come back a month later and say that they're now calling hopping an exploit, and anyone that was doing it over the past month will be punished, because things like that have happend here before.

Yeah I was being half facetious. With half the broken stuff being WAI and the stuff acknowledged as broken being ignored, things that were condoned being changed, official announcements saying to collect rewards and then being suspending for collecting them, it's impossible to know which way is up. The only thing we know for sure is drop rates are abysmal and 15k crystals cost $100US and doesn't get you much.
    Ru Baruba Maral