Any update on the damage/armor issue?

Prev13
@EA_Jesse, is there an update for us on the damage/armor issue all of us are seeing/experiencing? Is this the new normal? Is it a bug? Seems like a pretty big change to come out of nowhere. An update on where things stand would be appreciated!

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    jesse will post when there is something to post. :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Unless he doesn't, in which case your reminder thread just reminds people about problems.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Stealth updates, that how things roll
  • Options
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse, is there an update for us on the damage/armor issue all of us are seeing/experiencing? Is this the new normal? Is it a bug? Seems like a pretty big change to come out of nowhere. An update on where things stand would be appreciated!

He responded in my thread that since it's the weekend his team will prob not see it ASAP but that he has notified them about changes that he says aren't supposed to be changes
  • Options
    This is WAI so, no need to fix.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    If its true, i hope they keep changes
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Why?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Makes armor a stat that's actually worth even glancing at. Maybe it was legacy code that forgot to get activated the last time they said they were making armor more valuable.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse has been on the boards today but hasn't posted anything. No update at all. At least let us know something. All he posted yesterday was he had no idea what was going on. He didn't say they weren't supposed to be changes, he said he wasn't told of any changes. This could be the new normal. We don't know. Paying customers deserve to know what is going on.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Makes armor a stat that's actually worth even glancing at. Maybe it was legacy code that forgot to get activated the last time they said they were making armor more valuable.

+1
  • Options
    Go_Blue wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse has been on the boards today but hasn't posted anything. No update at all. At least let us know something. All he posted yesterday was he had no idea what was going on. He didn't say they weren't supposed to be changes, he said he wasn't told of any changes. This could be the new normal. We don't know. Paying customers deserve to know what is going on.

Plausible deniability.
  • Options

If this is true i say leave it in, anything to go against 100 Reys everyday lol..

Side Note: Stealth changes and nerfs are the worst and CG should know better.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse is only allowed to post when told to post, and only allowed to post about approved topics of conversation. He is not allowed to speculate or post about unapproved topics. Barring general small talk or anything that's not considered a message from game devs or anything of the like.
  • Options

Yea cause it will only be the biggest meta shift since Dooku was fixed.
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I'm actually pretty happy with this change. Stealth, bug, or otherwise. But come on now, we've been over this, say it with me...

Co - mmu - ni - ca - tion

Really, just a line to say "yep, it's intentional" or "nope, it's a bug" or "huh? What're y'all barkin' 'bout now?" would be enough. Just so we know what to expect.
  • Options

If this is true i say leave it in, anything to go against 100 Reys everyday lol..

I say revert it and just nerf rey... I'm not a fan of just nerfing toons but she is too OP. But my droids just got made irrelevant which isn't cool on the sneaks to do that....
  • Jamito
    316 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

I say revert it and just nerf rey... I'm not a fan of just nerfing toons but she is too OP. But my droids just got made irrelevant which isn't cool on the sneaks to do that....

So nerf Rey because you don't use her but don't nerf the droids because you use them?

Anyway I find a droid squad with the engineer and B2 far more harder to handle than Rey.

• Options
    He responded in my thread that since it's the weekend his team will prob not see it ASAP but that he has notified them about changes that he says aren't supposed to be changes

And this is why most software companies don't release changes to a live production environment on a Friday.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The people that want to keep it spent money on Sun Fac or time farming Fives/Old Ben. They don't like losing to droid teams and Rey teams.

My only issue is that there was absolutely no communication on this (not sure why this still surprises me) - and it's probably the biggest game changing aspect of the recent update. As such one of two things is going on:

1) The change was intentional with no communication.

2) The change was unintentional....proving once again that there is absolutely no play testing/QA that happens before CG/EA shoves out yet another half baked "update" (covered with bugs, as usual).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Why?

Because it will give the user the advantage over AI.. It lowers the role randomness plays. Kind of like when protection was added. Basically this adds the number of turns per match, which means strategy and tactics start actully being part if the equation

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Well I think the question is whether this was
    1) a rebalancing by using a new stat (probably)
    2) a focusing nerf attempt (sounds too complicated for this team)
    3) recalibration of stat presentation like potency (consistent with this poor communication)
    4) total revamp similar to introduction of speed adjustment of The Great Poe nerf or introduction of Protection nerf of healers/other skills that use percentage of health. (Possible but unlikely)

I would bet 1 or 3, with extra lack of communication given there has been no communication since modgate.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Why?

Because it will give the user the advantage over AI.. It lowers the role randomness plays. Kind of like when protection was added. Basically this adds the number of turns per match, which means strategy and tactics start actully being part if the equation

No it doesn't. It just means that people that invested in tanky teams or characters who benefit from the recent change (even though no one is clear exactly what that change is) are now better off in arena - and people who did not are now worse off in arena - and likely other aspects of the game as well.

Also, I've had two arena battles today time out due to the changes - even with autoing the last minute (which gives very little "tactical advantage"). So I don't see this beneficial at all - and I loved protection for the reasons you stated.

This was either intentional with no communication, or untested ineptitude. Take your pick.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Why?

No it doesn't. It just means that people that invested in tanky teams or characters who benefit from the recent change (even though no one is clear exactly what that change is) are now better off in arena - and people who did not are now worse off in arena - and likely other aspects of the game as well.

Also, I've had two arena battles today time out due to the changes - even with autoing the last minute (which gives very little "tactical advantage"). So I don't see this beneficial at all - and I loved protection for the reasons you stated.

This was either intentional with no communication, or untested ineptitude. Take your pick.

Which character benefit?
  • Options
    All of them benefit. Even droids. IG 88 is a pain to kill now which makes tactics to keep him alive more useful i.e nebit.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have a theory that this is actually a beta test for armor changes. They release the update on a Friday and deny knowledge so that they can see what we write over the weekend. Since devs pretty clearly don't have much resources to do actual testing, this is one (dark side) way to test drive arena changes.
  • Options
    And it affects GW teams too...
  • Options

+1
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ezeziel wrote: »
    And it affects GW teams too...

Lol. This should be fun.

• Options
    WAI
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Rey might as well have 100k health. Without adding new toons, my droid team struggles against Ben leads, now, with dual tank. Takes a lot of rng to kill Rey before she procs FS, and rey with one health left is just as fast and does just as much damage as full health rey. Ben ability blocks, so u cant fire the aoe after the taunt. Rey procs foresight, so by the time u get to aoe, it can only give her offense up, again.

I just max geared my final squad memeber... and it feels like it did when i was missing 4 gear levels, playing over my head, and without the best mods 25 million in credits can buy... sad.

There is my personal update. I hope you like it. And our new double tank future.