Best leader for arena defense: Old Ben or Anakin

My current team is: Phasma (L), QGJ, RG, Rey, and ST Han

I am thinking of farming Old Ben to replace Phasma as leader, because he is better on defense.

But I see Anakin is rising fast as a popular leader. Is he as good as Ben on defense? I don't have any high level Anakins on my server so it's hard to tell.

Also, would Leia work better than QGJ on defense? She always seems to go insano on my guys, triple shotting everybody.

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It depends on your team. With Ani at leader, you're going to want fives, Aayla and then 2 others of your choice. You could go with taunts to make Ani insanely powerful, or someone like leia to fire away in the shadows, making it a nightmare in the end when you're left with fives, Aayla and leia.
  • Options
    So your saying Ani is an effective enough damage dealer to make him better on defense than Old Ben? If I had Royal Guard & ST Han taunting and Leia & Rey dealing damage, would this be a good team? This is basically what I have with the only possible substitutions being Old Ben at leader and removing Leia for Qui-Gon (remember I'm wondering about defense only).
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Based on your team right now, Phasma swap for Old Ben.

Anakin would only help himself + QGJ. That isn't enough to cause a lot of pain to the enemy.

You want to use Anakin with 5s or clones mostly. Aayla for her counters and heavier hp pool than most jedi.
  • Options
    OK so Anakin is only amazing with Jedi, otherwise Old Ben is better? (On defense at least.)
  • Options
    No, Ani is OP. Seriously good. Chuck him with both fives and Aayla and its already a team to be reckoned with. The last two spots are your choice and preferences, but until you get them old Ben is the way to go.
  • Options
    JKA is good on defense because of his TM and dmg gain when others drop 50% hp or die. It makes him essentially a taunter. He will wreck you if not taken care of soon. I've been using JKA, 5s, Aayla, Han and Echo. It's the first team I've used with out an official taunt that holds top 5.
  • Options
    So the meta is also shifting away from Rey and Leia and towards using all tanks?

And how did you get Echo? Chromium packs or shard shop?
  • Options
    IdraRage wrote: »
    So the meta is also shifting away from Rey and Leia and towards using all tanks?

And how did you get Echo? Chromium packs or shard shop?
    He's in my guild @IdraRage. Serious whale so chromiums.