how to make sun fac arena useful?

I currently have 7* g9 (need the mk nubian security scanner to get him to g10)

I tried him in arena to replace qgj with either
1) OB lead, rey, leia, rg or...
2) akbar lead, rey, leia, rg.

he is too slow. even with speed mod (only have 19 speed from a receiver lvl 2 mod). now with speed mods on rey's and leias, he gets maybe 1 turn in the entire fight. he also appears to get stunned a lot from rg or daka. the only time I have liked him is with teams that have RG and a stHan.

-do other people find him useful on offense for arena? I know the issues of the AI not using the dispel optimally.
-does G10 give more tenacity/speed etc. ?
-opinions on mods? I was thinking tenacity/speed etc

Replies

• Options
    Oooohwee. I would recommend tenacity, but not speed. You want him to go as slow as possible, but not to be stunned. His counters hit harder than his normal turns. Also, his taunt lasts forever if you don't speed him up. I use him with a phasma lead for now. VM to get his TM up and taunt sooner. Then just let him take the beating. I haven't dropped under 15 in my arena shard for over 2 months with the same team. Phasma (L), Rey, Fives, Fac, Aayla.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    It is also about your team comp to utilize SF. He is amazing, if a little slow like you mentioned.

A lot of people like to pair him with RG, just like STHan. Dodge leaders also put him up top because of the possibility of dodging QGJ dispels.

Tenacity is worthless since dispels can't be resisted, making him only really need hp/prot/speed and possibly potency to apply his debuffs.
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Tenacity is not worthless...it keeps him from getting stunned as often. Sun Fac shines most when he is taunting and not stunned. He is a monster. And nigh unkillable if your team has a lot of buffs. They are free health for him
  • Options
    Yes, Tenacity is a very good stat for SunFac. You don't want him stunned or ability blocked. You want him countering and giving everybody STD's and removing taunts. I also disagree on the speed point. You don't want him super fast but I think getting him over 130+ is a good thing. I've found that in some matches, especially Old Ben & ST Han matches; his TM can take forever to rebuild after Mind Tricks and the initial Taunt, that you want him to get back up for his next turn ASAP. For my SF mods I think the key ones are his 24% Critical Avoidance stat on his arrow mod (I don't have another speed one), big Tenacity buff on the plus mod, and then 4 speed mods and the plus mod and triangle mod are HP mods for the small HP bonus. He rarely dies because he's hard to crit, has a ton of HP & Prot, and can regent frequently when debuffing.
  • Options
    Hmm. Ive always thought tenacity and crit avoid were sub par to other stats.. But i guess some toons it makes complete sense
  • Options
    yeah, with the speed im not really trying/expecting to make him "fast", but when he goes against a phasma or old ben team, he seems like he only rarely gets a relevant 2nd turn.

also, when I face daka or RG, seems like he is always stunned and does not get a chance to counter, hence the tenacity idea but im not sure if his total tenacity is just too low against toons that have potency (which I have on my RG) to make it not worth while.

my speed idea was to just add ~ 20 speed or so to prevent a 1 of his attacks per 3 of Rey/leia

I had not even considered the crit avoidance

anybody know if the jump from g9 to 10 is "awesome" ... or just more expensive raid gear needed?

and thanks for the advice/input
  • Options
    Crit avoidance is good
  • Options
    sun fac has been a staple for me. Here's mine.

dWkd1me.jpg

SgcgU48.jpg

IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    snake,

thanks. so i'm guessing the stat boosts are speed and protection and you ignored health? how so much tenacity? I've never seen it as the primary stat before?

any other primary stat you pushed/looked for?
  • Options
    The cross mod has A tenacity stat and gives 24% tenacity and yea, speed and protection mods for the rest.
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »

dWkd1me.jpg

SgcgU48.jpg

That's a sexy SunFac, very nice. How often does he actually get stunned? What about Old Ben's Mind Tricks, how often does that land. I had gotten my Rex up to 75% Tenacity and Mind Tricks still landed all the time.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yea so everyone in my server has a RG on there team so in the beginning I'd be frustrated because he would always get stunned. But once mods came out, he now resists a lot of stuns from RG and old Ben rarely lands both debuffs on sun fac usually offense down or nothing at this high of tenacity.

Edit: so what I've found is you need to be above 80% tenacity for it to matter in arena. So if you can get your Rex to 85% he may be better off. Because at 70% most old bens and RG's are between 40 and 50% potency and since the resist percentage is based off subtracting potency off tenacity and also the fact you can't be lower than a 15% resist chance you need to have high 80's or 90% tenacity for it to show a difference in arena.
  • Options
    Yea so everyone in my server has a RG on there team so in the beginning I'd be frustrated because he would always get stunned. But once mods came out, he now resists a lot of stuns from RG and old Ben rarely lands both debuffs on sun fac usually offense down or nothing at this high of tenacity.

Edit: so what I've found is you need to be above 80% tenacity for it to matter in arena. So if you can get your Rex to 85% he may be better off. Because at 70% most old bens and RG's are between 40 and 50% potency and since the resist percentage is based off subtracting potency off tenacity and also the fact you can't be lower than a 15% resist chance you need to have high 80's or 90% tenacity for it to show a difference in arena.

Nice, thanks for sharing.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

@SNAKEMAN I'm going through my Tenacity mods, and I can only get Rex to 74% still with the set bonus and the plus mod with Tenacity on it. Did you get some good Tenacity stats on your other Mods too or how did you manage 97%?
  • Options

@SNAKEMAN I'm going through my Tenacity mods, and I can only get Rex to 74% still with the set bonus and the plus mod with Tenacity on it. Did you get some good Tenacity stats on your other Mods too or how did you manage 97%?

Only the cross has tenacity so I'm thinking sun fac has a natural higher tenacity than rex maybe?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

dWkd1me.jpg

SgcgU48.jpg

Very nice I had mine at 99% tenacity 146 speed. Did quite well in arena
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

dWkd1me.jpg

SgcgU48.jpg

Very nice I had mine at 99% tenacity 146 speed. Did quite well in arena

Nice! Yea he's a beast! Don't have to rely on qgj as much.
  • Options
    speed is also important for SF, he gets to taunt earlier and start counterattacking sooner.

faster speed also means he can cycle dispels and negative effect (stuns etc) faster.

I am still farming mods, but my priorities are Tenacity > Speed = Protection. I also plan to run G Spy with SF, so crit % and potency are also handy.
  • Options

Only the cross has tenacity so I'm thinking sun fac has a natural higher tenacity than rex maybe?

Youre right, theres about a 9% difference. 74% just isnt enough. :/ What to do what to do...
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    He's best with OB and Rex.
  • Options

Youre right, theres about a 9% difference. 74% just isnt enough. :/ What to do what to do...

I just geared my Rex and can get 84% max if I equip him with all tenacity set and the cross. Yea tough decisions.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yep I run similar Sun Fac mod build to that above in arena, focuses slightly more on speed as I stuck a tenacity speed arrow in the mix. Tenacity 89% Potency 42%, similar HP/Prot and speed 171 ;) if RNG is kind hoping for low 90s tenacity and speed 175-180. Rest of my team go 200+ speed so it's still the slowest. Yes it taunts ahead of QGJ so gets a dispel often on defence, but second taunt comes around quicker and by then on defence their QGJ is often toast and they are left with a Sun Fac / Aayla party.

I run Sun Fac behind Rex and JKA, so it's taunt will always go faster than their QGJ, due to Expose and Rex TM boost, so I thought why not push it to the max.. For second taunt.

Omega on brow beat is key.. and don't run it alongside B2 :) that 20% self heal is a game changer.

Xio
  • Options
    @SNAKEMAN What do some of the sub-stats look like on your Tenacity mods? I can't get my SunFac that high either and I have the plus with the big tenacity buff and the 4-piece Tenacity set bonus. I'm not sure where else the discrepancy would be.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @SNAKEMAN What do some of the sub-stats look like on your Tenacity mods? I can't get my SunFac that high either and I have the plus with the big tenacity buff and the 4-piece Tenacity set bonus. I'm not sure where else the discrepancy would be.

Sure, I also bumped it up to 98% now. Only 4 of my mods have tenacity as a secondary stat. You are using all 6 tenacity set mods right? Because you get +10% for every two pieces.

eDTbcZx.jpg

82ieFfw.jpg

n1qzoat.jpg

KCMxQlp.jpg
  • Options

Sure, I also bumped it up to 98% now. Only 4 of my mods have tenacity as a secondary stat. You are using all 6 tenacity set mods right? Because you get +10% for every two pieces.

eDTbcZx.jpg

82ieFfw.jpg

n1qzoat.jpg

KCMxQlp.jpg

Oh ****, I may have had 2 HP mods in there now that I think of it because that's the mod I have with the 24% Tenacity primary stat. I'll have to do some Mod Store shopping I think. :(
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    I think sun Fac is best paired with Rex
  • Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    I think sun Fac is best paired with Rex

And a fine chianti?
  • Options
    I think the key for me to make my Sun Fac good is to get him in maxed gear X cause at gear IX he still has a lot of HP but goes down fast compared to my Max RG