Full Level 80 droid Squad on Node 6 in GW

I know GW is supposed to be difficult, but I am facing a Full Level 80 Droid/Geonosian Squad on Node 6!! Destroying My Top Level 80 maxed out characters. and more.
Is this what you meant by functioning how it's supposed to??
You Have A Major Problem with Galactic Wars.
You know it and are avoiding it.
This is such ****.

Replies

• Options
    As per Jesse's post, this is working as intended (his words).

To explain it, always see it from EA/CG's perspective. They want you to expand your roster, they want you to spend credits and crystals levelling and gearing up characters you otherwise wouldn't. If you make this investment, you will be able to complete GW.

If they make GW easier then you won't need the extra characters and won't spend as much.

In every area of the game, they are encouraging you to level up characters you wouldn't usually want or need (look at mod challenges, the credit heist event, etc.).

They want your money. They spend all week, every week, thinking up new ways to extract it from you.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

To explain it, always see it from EA/CG's perspective. They want you to expand your roster, they want you to spend credits and crystals levelling and gearing up characters you otherwise wouldn't. If you make this investment, you will be able to complete GW.

If they make GW easier then you won't need the extra characters and won't spend as much.

In every area of the game, they are encouraging you to level up characters you wouldn't usually want or need (look at mod challenges, the credit heist event, etc.).

They want your money. They spend all week, every week, thinking up new ways to extract it from you.

+ having 5 characters clearing GW, LS/DS/Cantina, arena, challenges, mod battles/challenges and raids isnt much fun. As an f2p player i enjoy the fact that i'm "forced" to expand my roster.

About facing droids in GW, if you have your team pre-loaded with TM, they are pretty easy to take down.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

+ having 5 characters clearing GW, LS/DS/Cantina, arena, challenges, mod battles/challenges and raids isnt much fun. As an f2p player i enjoy the fact that i'm "forced" to expand my roster.

About facing droids in GW, if you have your team pre-loaded with TM, they are pretty easy to take down.

I expect to have a hard time. I have 3 very good squads. and I do spread out everything else pretty evenly. but thats just it, I lose my Top 3 teams on Node 6 and then what? I'm lucky to beat nodes 7 and 8 because by Node 9 I start hitting ALL level 80 squads.
    Thats at least 600 war tokens, 250,000 in credits if not more. When I was a Level 60 and had a hard time I understood, but I have a Full maxed Levl 80 team. and two very good teams with very strong 6* characters.
    With 3 good teams, I would hope to make it past node 9 is all I am saying.
  • Options

Whats TM??
  • Options

Whats TM??

TM is turn meter, the blue bar.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Whats TM??

TurnMeter(blue bar). It carries over from previous GW battles where you used the same characters. It pretty much results in all your 5 characters going before the enemy even has a chance to move.
    I use all my "best" characters in the first 3 nodes just to give them some TurnMeter so that they can go first in the harder battles to come.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    I know GW is supposed to be difficult, but I am facing a Full Level 80 Droid/Geonosian Squad on Node 6!! Destroying My Top Level 80 maxed out characters. and more.
    This is such ****.

Better question, why are you doing GW today and not saving them for the guild activity tomorrow?

• Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    This is such ****.

Better question, why are you doing GW today and not saving them for the guild activity tomorrow?

I actually got 33 nodes in guild activity. and I wrote this on a Monday. i start my saving up on Thursday, ie only play one node, so i still get a full run on Mondays.
  • Options

Whats TM??

how do you preset TM before a battle? or during for that matter? I thought it was based on speed. thats why your bottom squads don't even get a turn on node 12 when used.
  • Options

Whats TM??

how do you preset TM before a battle? or during for that matter? I thought it was based on speed. thats why your bottom squads don't even get a turn on node 12 when used.

In GW, turn meter carries over from battle to battle. So if a hero ends one node with 50% turn meter, he/she starts the next node with 50% turn meter. You can use the "easy" nodes to try to "set-up" turn meter and cool downs, so that even if you run into a good team, your team acts first. I like to have Daka at 50-75% turn meter from node 5 on just for that squad. She stuns Jawa Engineer - no speed buff...crush the droids. Easy Peasy.

The reason your bottom squads don't stand a chance is that they have no turn meter, probably have no mods to boost their speed and are weaker anyway. Incidentally, "suicide squads" are good to use up enemy abilities, but BAD because they set up their turn meter also. When you enter a new node, the enemies start with zero turn meter. But if you send in a suicide squad, their turn meter ALSO carries over for the next group you send in.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    There are tips all over the forum from players who complete GW daily, so go and read them up. Stop looking for an easy way out.

I am on the forum right now asking for tips.
    does that mean you're taking the easy way out?
    get lost.
  • Options

Whats TM??

TurnMeter(blue bar). It carries over from previous GW battles where you used the same characters. It pretty much results in all your 5 characters going before the enemy even has a chance to move.
    I use all my "best" characters in the first 3 nodes just to give them some TurnMeter so that they can go first in the harder battles to come.

ok so turn meter is a buildable thing? it grows from battle to battle? is that what you are saying?
    I knew that everything else was carried over, that's kinda obvious. Is that why teams I haven't used get thrashes before ever moving on the higher nodes as well?
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    I said it before and I'll say it again, again,again,again,again.

People struggling w/GW should have thought twice before beefing up squad power. I get it..you wanted to climb the ranks in arena. You want to prove to yourself and others that you were a legit force in The world of SWGOH. Now it's too late. Your crossed that threshold that separates the Pros from the noobs. You're all swimming in the deep water with the big boyz now. I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied...learn to swim.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Should've preloaded your TM on the first 5 nodes buddy, now you know for next time.
    And droids are some of the easiest squads to beat in GW, take out JE and they fall apart.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I have tried this preloading of TM you talk about..
    ****. today I lost my entire character list on node 9.
    and I don't have just one megateam.
    I am fairly spread out. I have many 6 and 7* and some of my 5* are strong too.
    they load these teams with all level 5 MODs, which I waste 120 energy in mod battles and get 1-2 mods if im lucky, whole other problem with drop rates on mods, RG Daka Rey Dooku and Lum.
    and back to the TM, my best teams start off the first battle I put them in WITH FULL TM. so I am actually a wasting TM by using them. if I hold them until
    node 6 or so, they still start with FULL TM. if use them in the first 3-5 nodes as suggested, they actually lose TM and of course they lose protection and health, that's why I call **** on the TM prepping. I have not seen the results you speak of, in fact, quite the opposite.
    respond if you want to. it won't change what I already know. pay to play is what they want. and they are in it to make $ so be it. I get terrible drop rates on everything.
    they want you to have Several Different teams so you can compete in all these different events, but make it so difficult to shard up, with the GW difficulty, and terrible cantina and mod drop rates.
    learn to swim.. kinda hard when no matter how much I swim I am still a guppy in a whale tank because I don't have 23 hours a day to analyze and read 3750 forum measages.
    I just want to play a game without 700 road blocks to slow down your advancement. this is a mobile rpg, meant to keep growing, so why make it so hard for individuals to actually Grow with the game.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again, again,again,again,again.

People struggling w/GW should have thought twice before beefing up squad power. I get it..you wanted to climb the ranks in arena. You want to prove to yourself and others that you were a legit force in The world of SWGOH. Now it's too late. Your crossed that threshold that separates the Pros from the noobs. You're all swimming in the deep water with the big boyz now. I have a suggestion to keep you all occupied...learn to swim.

I agree with the last part of the post about learning to swim. These players already jumped in head first, it is now sink or swim time.

However, I disagree with the first part about people rushing to improve in arena. Or maybe now that I think of it I might just need clarification. Are you saying they should have built up their whole roster instead of their top 5? If that's what you're saying then I agree with you. If you're saying that people need to keep their arena power down just to get lower GW teams then that's where I would disagree with you. I think building your all around squad, arena squad included is the natural progression of the game. One cannot complete GW with one squad alone. Except for those bad*** droid teams I keep hearing about.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    they load these teams with all level 5 MODs, which I waste 120 energy in mod battles and get 1-2 mods if im lucky, whole other problem with drop rates on mods, RG Daka Rey Dooku and Lum.
    and back to the TM, my best teams start off the first battle I put them in WITH FULL TM. so I am actually a wasting TM by using them. if I hold them until
    node 6 or so, they still start with FULL TM. if use them in the first 3-5 nodes as suggested, they actually lose TM and of course they lose protection and health, that's why I call **** on the TM prepping. I have not seen the results you speak of, in fact, quite the opposite.
    respond if you want to. it won't change what I already know. pay to play is what they want. and they are in it to make $ so be it. I get terrible drop rates on everything.
    they want you to have Several Different teams so you can compete in all these different events, but make it so difficult to shard up, with the GW difficulty, and terrible cantina and mod drop rates.
    learn to swim.. kinda hard when no matter how much I swim I am still a guppy in a whale tank because I don't have 23 hours a day to analyze and read 3750 forum measages.
    I just want to play a game without 700 road blocks to slow down your advancement. this is a mobile rpg, meant to keep growing, so why make it so hard for individuals to actually Grow with the game.

Easy there slick. TM is real. If you notice the bar starts at a preset location wherever. Let's say you have a basic unmodded Rey and a basic unmodded STH in. Who's going to go first? Rey. Why? Because her TM bar is already almost maxed due to her speed. Then you go tare the second match in GW and leave both of them in. Who's going to go first? It depends on where they left off on the last match of GW. It could be either one. If Rey had the finishing blow in the last match then she will have no TM and you'll be lucky to have her move before the other team even, let alone your STH. Get it?

The way I do it is I put anyone I would want to use in during the first five matches. This includes what would be considered my a team. I don't put them all together yet because I play factions during those battles where I can. I use a completely different set of toons the first five matches. Then on node six I put my a team in. Right now my a team is Teebo lead, QGJ, Rey, EE, and either RG or STH. It's a TM based team to add onto the TM from GW. They all have most of their protection left over from the one match each before. Then nodes 7 and 8 I put in my b team and/or leave in any of my toons that need to be healed after 6. That generally doesn't happen. My a team goes back in at node 9 then taken out for 10 and/or healed. They go back in for node 11 and 12. 12 is the easy node but my a team can still take on node 12 if it were hard because they're pretty boss.

I've been playing for a long while so I have enough toons leveled high enough and with enough gear to have 25 for the first five nodes and then ready to go in if I start getting slaughtered later on. You probably don't have that. You probably don't have the same teams I have either. That's fine. Find whatever works for you and use the TM that is given to you.

Also, as far as mods go, I know a lot of people think the lower level mods are crap. That's fine. I like them because they're cheap and I can put them on my GW teams for fairly cheap. Plus, as you've found you can spend a lot on refreshes and get little to nothing out of them. Whereas you can find the cheaper mods fairly easy. I would rather use cantina energy to build my team so I can make sure I can get through GW. The lower dot mods work just fine for me for now. At least for GW purposes. Arena is a different story.

Also, if RG, Daka, Rey, Lumi and Dooku is your GW team then you need a new GW team. Dooku is worthless. Lumi does nothing in the hard nodes. She's an off node too. At best. Daka is cool because she at least has the opportunity to revive a toon. EE is better for that, though.

Finally, as has been stated. There are lots of threads and one big one discussing this stuff. Read them or don't but don't fight the people who know what they're talking about because you clearly do not yet.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    I run a health modded Lumi under my Anakin to keep people healed. She's far from worthless. At level 80 and 41636 squad power, I can sometimes beat GW with 6 total heroes, in part, to Omega'd Lumi heal. Her heals are doing 10k with almost 5k on her Health Up.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »

Easy there slick. TM is real. If you notice the bar starts at a preset location wherever. Let's say you have a basic unmodded Rey and a basic unmodded STH in. Who's going to go first? Rey. Why? Because her TM bar is already almost maxed due to her speed. Then you go tare the second match in GW and leave both of them in. Who's going to go first? It depends on where they left off on the last match of GW. It could be either one. If Rey had the finishing blow in the last match then she will have no TM and you'll be lucky to have her move before the other team even, let alone your STH. Get it?

The way I do it is I put anyone I would want to use in during the first five matches. This includes what would be considered my a team. I don't put them all together yet because I play factions during those battles where I can. I use a completely different set of toons the first five matches. Then on node six I put my a team in. Right now my a team is Teebo lead, QGJ, Rey, EE, and either RG or STH. It's a TM based team to add onto the TM from GW. They all have most of their protection left over from the one match each before. Then nodes 7 and 8 I put in my b team and/or leave in any of my toons that need to be healed after 6. That generally doesn't happen. My a team goes back in at node 9 then taken out for 10 and/or healed. They go back in for node 11 and 12. 12 is the easy node but my a team can still take on node 12 if it were hard because they're pretty boss.

I've been playing for a long while so I have enough toons leveled high enough and with enough gear to have 25 for the first five nodes and then ready to go in if I start getting slaughtered later on. You probably don't have that. You probably don't have the same teams I have either. That's fine. Find whatever works for you and use the TM that is given to you.

Also, as far as mods go, I know a lot of people think the lower level mods are ****. That's fine. I like them because they're cheap and I can put them on my GW teams for fairly cheap. Plus, as you've found you can spend a lot on refreshes and get little to nothing out of them. Whereas you can find the cheaper mods fairly easy. I would rather use cantina energy to build my team so I can make sure I can get through GW. The lower dot mods work just fine for me for now. At least for GW purposes. Arena is a different story.

Also, if RG, Daka, Rey, Lumi and Dooku is your GW team then you need a new GW team. Dooku is worthless. Lumi does nothing in the hard nodes. She's an off node too. At best. Daka is cool because she at least has the opportunity to revive a toon. EE is better for that, though.

Finally, as has been stated. There are lots of threads and one big one discussing this stuff. Read them or don't but don't fight the people who know what they're talking about because you clearly do not yet.

ok so listen. i know WHAT TM is..
    and other than the swapping of 25 different characters in the first 5 nodes, I pretty much do exactly what you are talking about. in fact, my best chances of winning GW happen when I bust through the first 5 nodes using a combination of my 3rd and 2nd teamers. I do not have the same characters or as many as you do leveled so high, but I have a good set of characters.
    Today I ran my 1st team with minor substitutions all the way to node 11 where I lost 2. then node 12 just obliterated my entire roster of fully TM (as per their speed rate at the beginning of the battle) characters.
    Maybe I don't know the exact combination of players but I understand Droid teams, Ewok teams etc.. which I hurt myself in the first six months, I was playing as a SW fan trying to collect cool characters rather than build teams, so I have been working on those. it's just hard to work when I get squashed on GW where the most bounty for advancing is acquired.
    whats funny is I have a 2nd account. and I beat GW almost daily, and I don't play any differently. I have a hodge podge of teams, I just have my entire list of people within the 50-65lvl range. its the gear and stars where they vary most, which leaves me with nearly the same situation as my first account, I have 2-3 decent teams. and like I stated always beat GW.
    The only thing that I have read that I think can explain my problem is the fact that I had at one time hit 201 in the arena… And I read that the higher your arena rank the harder GW would be.
    I have sent slipped into the 300s to 400s since the release of the mods… My second account is always in the 500 to 600 range. sometimes in the 400s so I can get that extra bank.
    that's the only thing I can think of right now… I have tried so many different suggestions, and like I said I run my GW very similar to how you explained above…
    thanks for your help and your comments I was not trying to fight with anyone, just trying to say that it didn't work for me.