Did Evasion Get Buffed?

It seems like characters are dodging way more than usual. I've seen 3-4 dodges in a row against non-jedi under Lumi lead (7.5% extra evasion) several times since the update. Dooku leads seem like they're dodging more since the update, and even against someone like a Phasma lead there's typically been several dodges during the match. Is it just me or has anybody else noticed anything?

Replies

• Yogi
    907 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's just RNG being RNG.

I wish people would stop looking for things to be "wrong" with the game.

Yes there are things wrong but RNG is RNG.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    It's just RNG being RNG.

Lol - yep! There is so much that is clearly wrong, that you don't have to dig. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    It's just RNG being RNG.

Ooohwee. Exactly. One bad match and everyone runs to the forum crying for an explanation. It's pretty much been proven that AI sacrifices a newborn to RNGsus every single day so the AI always has an RNG advantage.
  • Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    *double post
  • Glarus
    68 posts Member
    Options

Ooohwee. Exactly. One bad match and everyone runs to the forum crying for an explanation. It's pretty much been proven that AI sacrifices a newborn to RNGsus every single day so the AI always has an RNG advantage.

Why is it that people jump to defend RNG and claim things like "one bad match blah blah blah"?

RNG does play a huge role in this game. But to the OP's point, I've also seen evade be much more active today than I recall.

I have done 4 arena battles so far, 3 of them against an OB lead. I also run an OB lead (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em). In the last battle, the first 7 out of 8 attacks were evaded (not counting the foresight from Rey). I counted because I'd noticed in previous battles that the evade rate seemed crazy high.

Yes, this could still be RNG. But this could also be yet another unintended consequence of something changed in the game.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Glarus wrote: »

Why is it that people jump to defend RNG and claim things like "one bad match blah blah blah"?

RNG does play a huge role in this game. But to the OP's point, I've also seen evade be much more active today than I recall.

I have done 4 arena battles so far, 3 of them against an OB lead. I also run an OB lead (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em). In the last battle, the first 7 out of 8 attacks were evaded (not counting the foresight from Rey). I counted because I'd noticed in previous battles that the evade rate seemed crazy high.

Yes, this could still be RNG. But this could also be yet another unintended consequence of something changed in the game.

Exactly. "Today". If you're getting a weeks worth of dodges then there might be something to it. But 4 arena battles at an above average dodge rate isn't nearly enough to cry foul.
  • Options
    Had a record high evades from opponents last night myself. Think I counted around 6 or 7 in a row at one point.

Probably RnG, but I have seen other posts like this floating around.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Are you seeing more of Mr. Han solo??? He is going to make the evasion meta even worse.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Han Solo is too squishy to make much of a difference.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Zetto wrote: »
    Han Solo is too squishy to make much of a difference.

Yes however when he gives the entire team +10% evasion on top of old man 15% that can be enough
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea there was an update that buffed evasion, nerfed Leia, lowered drop rates, buffed Rey and made GW harder

We get one of these updates every week
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Yea there was an update that buffed evasion, nerfed Leia, lowered drop rates, buffed Rey and made GW harder

We get one of these updates every week

How exciting! I can't wait to see what's broken next :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!