Mods are unbalanced (speed secondaries were not nerfed) with video (Poe with 256 speed)

Prev1345678
ripthestage
153 posts Member
edited August 2016
Before you say anything, check the video.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=U4yTJ0jXZWo&feature=youtu.be

I don't care if I can't beat Charlatan, he knows me, we had a lot of fun in the arena and this post has nothing to do with him, nor with TI.

I don't think droids or rebels or Poe should be nerfed but I believe speed secondaries must be reworked. If you use 4 of the speed kind, you get 10% speed bonus (8-16 based on the toon you put it on), while you can get 21-28 from a secondary stat on a mod. Basically it is better to use 6 different type of mod with high speed secondary stat because you get way more than from the synergy. I really believe dev team forgot to adjust speed secondaries during the mod nerf and this made the mod system unbalanced.

To the whiners: Not the droids, nor Poe, rebels, Rey is your problem, your problem is the unbalanced speed mod system and this makes the trouble you faced with. I know it is easier to blame a toon but you can beat anything if you have toons alive. But with these speed mods you just don't have a squad to fight with when it is your turn. Everything else were nerfed except speed secondaries. I hope devs read the post and start to think about it. But I really don't care anymore. Just wanted to share this but I gave up on this game after the mod nerf.

Almost forget: ideas are welcome. Faster JE and faster Poe is not an answer. That's just justify the speed balance problem.

Replies

• Options
    +600 hp verse 28 speed i know what i want, yes they did overlook that some stats have alot more use than others. Much like the offense debacle this speed problem needs to be sorted.
  • Options
    I don't get the point where in the video the speed of poe is important. Without Poe you would have the same problems.
    You struggle because Wedges and Landos massive critical aoe damage.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    Speed rules the world.

Ironic that protection was added to slow the game down and here we are again.
  • Options
    Would have been nice to see the mods.... everyone can have the same speed for just 3300 crystals per mod and a bunch of refreshes.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    Would have been nice to see the mods.... everyone can have the same speed for just 3300 crystals per mod and a bunch of refreshes.

Not exaclty, you never know which secondary stat gets raised. You need the luck that the secondary speed stat gets raised four times.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    And got raised with a good amount, not the +3...
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »

Not exaclty, you never know which secondary stat gets raised. You need the luck that the secondary speed stat gets raised four times.

That's true.... so you just have to keep spending those 3300's.... lol

I really hate mods though; I have wedge 7* and I have biggs 7* neither is geared because on paper I'm not sold that either is great. I truly believe that the dude in the video could move his mods to ugnaught and make him look like the greatest toon of the bunch. That doesn't mean that I could spend credits and gear and put my mediocre mods on wedge or anyone else and have remotely the same success.

So while wedge looks fun, I think if someone else were to get the same mods wedge wouldn't win matches like that anymore... so we're right back to the slot machine successes and nothing strategic. Strategy was the allure of this game to begin with... now the strategy is just "pull the handle"
  • boellefisk
    331 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I do like whales because they make me able to play for free. But I couldn't help getting a but of joy seeing this. But yeah...Wedge is p2p too.
  • Options
    Drake23 wrote: »

That's true.... so you just have to keep spending those 3300's.... lol

I really hate mods though; I have wedge 7* and I have biggs 7* neither is geared because on paper I'm not sold that either is great. I truly believe that the dude in the video could move his mods to ugnaught and make him look like the greatest toon of the bunch. That doesn't mean that I could spend credits and gear and put my mediocre mods on wedge or anyone else and have remotely the same success.

So while wedge looks fun, I think if someone else were to get the same mods wedge wouldn't win matches like that anymore... so we're right back to the slot machine successes and nothing strategic. Strategy was the allure of this game to begin with... now the strategy is just "pull the handle"

I don't know the time before december, but since december the game was always a slot machine. Even with money. You can farm 20 fights for a gear item and get none. Same with mods. First you have to get one, after that it must be a 5 dot one and then you need the right values with a good level up amount.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    boellefisk wrote: »
    lol I enjoyed that whale team getting whooped.
    I do like whales because they make me able to play for free. But I couldn't help getting a but of joy seeing this.

Did you read the post and watch the video?
  • Options
    boellefisk wrote: »
    lol I enjoyed that whale team getting whooped.
    I do like whales because they make me able to play for free. But I couldn't help getting a but of joy seeing this.

Did you read the post and watch the video?

It's whale against whale so his statement is always right ;-)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    No offense to the OP, but this sounds like you are whining. Its easy to complain, but not so easy to work up a solution. What is the point of this post, exactly?

Mods allow customization, exactly as intended. I know it sucks for people when their run of the mill QGJ/Rey/RG teams can no longer keep pace. So, here's an idea. Try something else!

For example, if you think Poe going first is THE problem, use Han Solo to guarantee you go first, and stun Poe.
  • Options
    No offense to the OP, but this sounds like you are whining. Its easy to complain, but not so easy to work up a solution. What is the point of this post, exactly?

Mods allow customization, exactly as intended. I know it sucks for people when their run of the mill QGJ/Rey/RG teams can no longer keep pace. So, here's an idea. Try something else!

For example, if you think Poe going first is THE problem, use Han Solo to guarantee you go first, and stun Poe.

He wasn't using QGJ,Rey,RG if you watched it. And he's not complaing about the team comp. he's complaing about the speed secondary stats and how they were not touched. I'm sure if he swapped Rex as his lead rather than Anakin against a crit team he's be fine.

I personally do the same thing and only keep speed secondary mods on all my arena guys. Which makes the point that it's obviously OP and there is only 1 choice which I'm sure is not there intention.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    Lol stun Poe. I remember when Poe was OP and everything said that same thing.
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »

He wasn't using QGJ,Rey,RG if you watched it. And he's not complaing about the team comp. he's complaing about the speed secondary stats and how they were not touched. I'm sure if he swapped Rex as his lead rather than Anakin against a crit team he's be fine.

I personally do the same thing and only keep speed secondary mods on all my arena guys. Which makes the point that it's obviously OP and there is only 1 choice which I'm sure is not there intention.

I totally disagree with Op.
    Their are many ways to counter an ultra fast Poe, same way there was with JE before etc...

People need to use their imagination and adapt their mods before complaining that some mods are OP.

Crit damage/ potency/ crit chance / accuracy/ crit resistance are just as important as speed.

Use them correctly !
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Before you say anything, check the video.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=U4yTJ0jXZWo&feature=youtu.be

I don't care if I can't beat Charlatan, he knows me, we had a lot of fun in the arena and this post has nothing to do with him, nor with TI.

I don't think droids or rebels or Poe should be nerfed but I believe speed secondaries must be reworked. If you use 4 of the speed kind, you get 10% speed bonus (8-16 based on the toon you put it on), while you can get 21-28 from a secondary stat on a mod. Basically it is better to use 6 different type of mod with high speed secondary stat because you get way more than from the synergy. I really believe dev team forgot to adjust speed secondaries during the mod nerf and this made the mod system unbalanced.

To the whiners: Not the droids, nor Poe, rebels, Rey is your problem, your problem is the unbalanced speed mod system and this makes the trouble you faced with. I know it is easier to blame a toon but you can beat anything if you have toons alive. But with these speed mods you just don't have a squad to fight with when it is your turn. Everything else were nerfed except speed secondaries. I hope devs read the post and start to think about it. But I really don't care anymore. Just wanted to share this but I gave up on this game after the mod nerf.

Almost forget: ideas are welcome. Faster JE and faster Poe is not an answer. That's just justify the speed balance problem.

I completely agree. I don't have an issue with the secondary speed stat on the Arrow mod, but the other 100% random speed stats that appear on other mods is ridiculous and quite frankly unfair. A friend of mine has a couple circle mods with 21 speed on it and a couple others with 11 or more speed. How does this make any sense? It's not like such stats are accessible to everybody because you have no idea what's going to be uncovered in the upgrade. Thereby also making is very expensive. I've said this before and I'll say it again; if you want your characters to be faster then you should need speed mods. If you want them to have more health, then health mods. What is the purpose of having speed mods and other mods when you can get better bonuses on mod-types that have nothing to do with the stat you need (e.g. speed on health mods). I really really wish EA would revamp mod stats so it all makes more sense and be a little less random.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I think this just brought back latent nightmares for the OP of the old days when every match was decided by a coin flip and who's Poe went first
  • Options
    Maraxus wrote: »

Their are many ways to counter an ultra fast Poe, same way there was with JE before etc...

People need to use their imagination and adapt their mods before complaining that some mods are OP.

Crit damage/ potency/ crit chance / accuracy/ crit resistance are just as important as speed.
    Use them correctly !

I feel like the OP made a mistake even mentioning poe BUT he stated if you read it that he is not talking about a nerf to poe, or any class for that matter. Just that speed secondary mods are SUPERIOR and have not been adjusted In respect to all the other stats.

Call me crazy but instead of a +19 speed secondary stat why can't it max at +10 as a secondary stat for a A Tier mod? Sounds reasonable and still really good but not so ridiculous that it's as much as a Hero's leader ability such as Ackbar or QGJ.

I did read that you believe that there is nothing wrong with the secondary stats and that's fine we can have that debate here, just don't want it to include Hero's since that's not the topic.

So my big point is secondary stats on mods for any attribute should not be as close to as high as a leaders hero ability because that undermines the hero IMO. Now I'm not referring to primary stats on mods just secondary stats.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I'm laughing at these TI guys feeling the need to come into this thread defending their guildie like he's under some personal attack. This thread is about SPEED SECONDARIES, not about Poe, and sure as hell not about your guildie. Han isn't going to help you beat that team.
    There is a clear problem with mods when a secondary stat matters more that the primary stat or even the mod set.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    There is a clear problem with mods when a secondary stat matters more that the primary stat or even the mod set.

You said it more clearly and concisely than I have; that is the EXACT problem with mods. If you think about games like WoW where you can gem your armor which is essentially the same as modding it. If you need strength then you get strength gems, if agility then agility gems. If you need strength, you do not frickin' buy STAMINA (health) gems. LOL! The mod system is so counter-intuitive and the set bonuses truly do not mean much aside from maybe the crit damage bonus. Mods still need some tweaking for a lack of better words.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    How is it unfair if everyone can get the same mods and use them on the same toons? If enemy Poe is fast, guess what? Your toon can add just as much speed as Poe. How is this unfair or not balanced? You have to decide which mods to use. Having high speed means that you are sacrificing some other stat gain. Upset because someone else has a 21 speed secondary on a mod, well get to farming and get one for yourself.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    How is it unfair if everyone can get the same mods and use them on the same toons? If enemy Poe is fast, guess what? Your toon can add just as much speed as Poe. How is this unfair or not balanced? You have to decide which mods to use. Having high speed means that you are sacrificing some other stat gain. Upset because someone else has a 21 speed secondary on a mod, well get to farming and get one for yourself.

It's unfair because the sub-stats are completely random. My friend has a circle Health mod with 21 speed on it. Across all mod-types I have 40 tier-4 and 5 circle mods, none of them have 21 speed on it; my best one has 4 speed. There is NO way to farm that because it is so completely random to an extreme degree. People that are lucky with mods like that have a huge advantage over everybody else. The arrow mod with 30-speed on it; I have no problem with that because it's not uncommon to farm for. The other mods with the sub-stats that have ridiculous speed values, I do have a problem with because those are not accessible to everybody no matter how much you farm.
  • Options
    I use Anakin (leader), Fives, Aayla, SF and Rex and I can beat him. I wasn't talking about it. The problem is the secondary speed stats because those were not nerfed. So currently the bonus on the same kind is nowhere nere to the secondaries which makes the system unbalanced. And please do not tell me what is the problem because I'm pretty sure I understand the game pretty much more than you... Han solo makes it rng 50-50 who shot first, his Solo or mine. That's not a solution. And of course Poe goes first is THE problem because his special removes 25% TM from the other team and then his 180-210 speed team gets a whole turn before enemy moves. With 3 high damage AOE. But this is the battle and I brought it as an EXAMPLE. This Poe is not even a maxed one because if you get the right mods you can add 170 extra speed to a toon. Lets say with 4 speed mods, that's extra 8-16 based on the basic speed. That would make a Rey 340+. Think about it. Also think about a team like this:
    Anakin (310)
    SF (300)
    Aayla (300)
    Rey (340)
    QGJ (310)

Do you think it is balanced?

Example of beating this team down. Not a big win but it is a win. I was never whining, I just solve my problems. But this is a mess now.

IMG_3405.jpg

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Because not everyone can get the same mods? There's no way to influence what your secondary mods are unless you plan on dropping 3300+ crystals in the mod shop. And even then you have to get incredibly lucky to get 3 or 4 of the increases to hit the speed stat. It's all the luck of the draw and right now there is way too much weight on secondary stats.
    If the devs shifted the balance from speed secondaries to the speed mod set, a lot more options would open up. Then you would actually have to decide between having a crit damage set on Rey or a speed set.
    As of now the only viable mod set on most DPS characters is crit damage with crit chance or potency. No one cares about the speed mod set because it pales in comparison to speed secondaries.
    Why would you give up 30% crit damage for a max of 16 speed when a single mod can give you over 20 speed on its own??
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

It's unfair because the sub-stats are completely random. My friend has a circle Health mod with 21 speed on it. Across all mod-types I have 40 tier-4 and 5 circle mods, none of them have 21 speed on it; my best one has 4 speed. There is NO way to farm that because it is so completely random to an extreme degree. People that are lucky with mods like that have a huge advantage over everybody else. The arrow mod with 30-speed on it; I have no problem with that because it's not uncommon to farm for. The other mods with the sub-stats that have ridiculous speed values, I do have a problem with because those are not accessible to everybody no matter how much you farm.

It's random, just like everything else in this game. Spend enough cantina energy on mods and you will get one eventually. Sure, it requires luck, but so does every other drop in this game. Just like every other aspect, the more cantina energy you spend farming for those mods, the better chance you have of getting one, as it should be.

I don't have a secondary higher than 12 speed, but I'm not gonna complain if my competition does. If I need more speed, I will farm more mods until I find what I need.

People always come on the forums and demand the game be adjusted to them..... Maybe they should adjust to the game instead. Would you still be complaining if you were sitting on a pile of 20+ speed secondary mods?
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Please... You do not know me, Charlatan does. If you think you need to say something, ask him about me in advance... I was talking about the OP secondaries. t5 +22, t6 +25, t7 +28 max on secondary. It makes leadership, speed mod synergy and the whole speed system a joke. And while offense, critical chance, potency, tenacity and everything was nerfed during the mod nerf, speed secondaries were not. You must admit that because that's a fact. Now if everything was nerfed by 25-30% including the speed synergy bonus but not the speed secondaries, then is it still a balanced system? Really? Tell me about it...
    Maraxus wrote: »

Use them correctly !

• Options

It's random, just like everything else in this game. Spend enough cantina energy on mods and you will get one eventually. Sure, it requires luck, but so does every other drop in this game. Just like every other aspect, the more cantina energy you spend farming for those mods, the better chance you have of getting one, as it should be.

I don't have a secondary higher than 12 speed, but I'm not gonna complain if my competition does. If I need more speed, I will farm more mods until I find what I need.

People always come on the forums and demand the game be adjusted to them..... Maybe they should adjust to the game instead. Would you still be complaining if you were sitting on a pile of 20+ speed secondary mods?

I have a bunch of speed secondary speed mods for my entire arena team and still know better to know it's broken. Saying anyone can get it doesn't make it ok. The point is secondary speed stats are to high and it undermines the set bonus and hero leader abilities which is the real issue.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    the point of the vid was to show how 3 toons went before him
    which is to say people should put fast chars in their arena team.
    i wanna take out rey but shes fast at 198 speed and helps get the team going
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Nerfing secondary speed mods now is an awful idea. For all the players who spent money to get that prime mod, only to suddenly have the mod diminished in power is only begging for an angry player base.

Speed has always been the premium stat in this game. Instead of reducing speed, Mods should be enhanced in other ways. Boost tenacity and let the primary roll on more than 1 mod. Increase offense stats so that hitting harder becomes more important than less power but multiple hits. Make critical avoidance appear on mods that don't compete with the speed primary.

The rng is part of the game, but it shouldn't be too punishing.
  • Options
    Ok, so guys, that was me 5 days ago: https://swgoh.gg/u/ripthestage/

So I do not need any advise what to do. If I want to build the same team, I must wait until Sunday because I'm 2 raids away from 7 star but otherwise I would just buy another 2-3 vaults, then mods from the shipments and credits from packages and that's all. But I'm not going to do that for 3 reasons:
    1) I'm free to play since mod nerf, because I think devs betrayed us
    2) I solve my problems in the hard way (trial and error) with my current resources. That's the fun part. Check my videos, I use different team every week or so. You may like to use a team for a month but I'm not that guy :)
    3) I don't have problem. I'm a whale (a smaller one but still, it's just your choice to spend another wallet to 7 star your shards), I have a wide roster, I can solve my problems.

This post was about the unbalanced speed secondary stats and I still state it is a mess now because leadership and synergy bonus is nowhere near to these secondaries, not to mention that +30 is the t5 primary. t7 can have 28 on secondary? Please