IG86 not a scoundrel ?

vincentlondon
4527 posts Member
edited October 2021
Why is IG88 a scoundrel but not IG86 ?
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    Could have sworn I saw another thread with this exact question a few minutes ago, but I'll bite.
    88 was a bounty hunter and a droid who could be considered unique, sort of like R2 or 3PO.
    The 86 model is just a generic assassin droid, and like a regular astromech or protocol droid, could be bought and used by anyone. They weren't exclusive to any faction or group.
  • Options
    Well both IG-86 and IG-88 are actually just a robot line. Only one escaped 88 was a scoundrel. He became a bounty hunter as we seen in the movies. That was IG-88B, so maybe the name in the game is not correct.
  • Options
    The whole 88A,B,C and D thing is no longer canon
  • Options
    I think there's an 86 droid as a bounty hunter in the Clone Wars cartoon. Or was that just the same 88 that was in Empire Strikes Back? Most of the 86 models are owned by gangsters like the Hutts, so the in-game 86 character might as well have the scoundrel tag if Gammorrean Guard does.
  • Options
    86 was an assassin droid, not a scoudrel, you can see in the R2 arc in the first season of CW
  • Options
    IG-86 should absolutely be tagged as a scoundrel. There aren’t many cases being an assassin where you wouldn’t be considered one. Also given their general owners, like the Huts, just puts them in that category for me. I believe there were also several instances of the CIS using them so they could also have the Seperatist tag. I mean if you’re gonna call Grievous a droid for synergy reasons giving 86 these two tags is the least you could do.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    IG-86 should absolutely be tagged as a scoundrel. There aren’t many cases being an assassin where you wouldn’t be considered one. Also given their general owners, like the Huts, just puts them in that category for me. I believe there were also several instances of the CIS using them so they could also have the Seperatist tag. I mean if you’re gonna call Grievous a droid for synergy reasons giving 86 these two tags is the least you could do.

This is an extreme necro on a 5 year-old thread, and it makes me wonder why you even put the time to find this thread. But you do make a good point, and IG-86 should have the Scoundrel tag.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Options
    IG-86 the guild member was a scoundrel. IG-86 the nanny droid was no longer a scoundrel, and the kit clearly leans on the nanny droid side. Tags aren't always lore compliant anyway (this has been discussed endlessly) but in this case it does fit.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Didn't even realize it was a necro lmao