Are Guild Based on Region?

I was just playing when my guild started chatting about things like where they are from. I am from the US, but everyone else is from the Dominican republic. And then I realized that when I started playing this game, I was in the Dominican Republic on vacation. Does this mean that people from the US can't join my guild or something? Also is this the same for my squad arena? Does the game think I am in the DR?

Replies

• Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I downloaded this game while on vacation in Jamaica. I started my own guild as well. I've got members from mostly USA. I'm not sure what's going on, but my account didn't get tied to Jamaica. Not sure what you're experiencing.
  • IDobaFett
    237 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    No, there is no restriction based on your time zone of who can join any guild. It's merely a suggestion that the devs originally made when guilds first came out, and something to think about. For running raids, it is easiest if everyone is in the same time zone so that the raid is not run during someone's sleeping hours. We have found that there is a certain window of time zones that do not work for everyone with our normal raid times.

@ARCTrooperFives when is your personal reset? If it's not at 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm US (depending on Daylight savings or not) then you are on DR time. Your personal reset is based on the device time setting when you install the game so you may be set to DR time. Looks like DR time is GMT-4 so if you are east coast US (GMT-5) there may only be a 1 hour difference.

The guild reset is based on the leader's personal reset that created the guild. This impacts the time coins are depositing and resetting the daily guild activity.

@Teague Jamaica is same time as East Coast US so you may not have a different reset time due to installing in Jamaica if you are on EST/EDT.