How can you tell if someone is cheating?

Have a player on my guild who did unbelievable (not surprising, but can't believe it's possible) damage with sending one squad on P1 of a T5.

He did over 2 million and only one of his characters is level 80 7*, everything else is 6* level 75 or less. No major mods, modded but all low levels 1 up to 6. He allegedly sent in the following:

All of these are Gear 8 btw
Teebo (L) 7*, level 80 basic was omega other abilities were at 7, all mod slots were filled but at level 1 mostly 1* mods.
Daka 6*, level 70 all abilities were 3 and 4 no mods
Rey 6*, level 72 abilities at 6, 3 mod slots were filled upgraded to 5 and 6s
EE 6*, level 65 abilities at 6, 3 mod slots filled upgraded to 4s
Fives 6*, level 70 abilities 5 and 6s, no mods

I know the primary and secondary attributes of these mods make a difference but I find it completely unrealistic that with the team compliment this person had is even possible to do that kind of damage. Rey is the only real damage dealer but her power wasn't up there and with her mods to increase her health she she's only about 15K combined health and protection.

Another weird thing, looking at this players roster now, it looks like they are scrambling to add mods to all of these characters and even leveled some up drastically from the screenshots I took before. If they were not cheating I find it hard to believe that they would rush to update a team that was supposedly doing so well in order to make it look a little more realistic. I mean this person was called out, and they made the same lame old ultra generic response about managing TM and taking out the guards, blah blah blah that any good search or youtube video will tell you.

Am I being too critical myself or does it seem a little off to anyone else? Another thing that off is that they allegedly did this much damage but only had somewhere between 15 and 30% of P1 to work with and the damage to P2 was accounted for precisely from other players. At this point I'm trying to talk myself out of the fact the person is using some sort of modded app and they either got lucky or they are holding an amazing ancient Chinese secret scroll of how to win at everything.

Replies

• Options
    Hi think it's completely possible with that team. Are you sure they only had 30% of phase 1? What if they started before someone else but their turn just lasted longer?

I.e. They start their attack with phase 1 at 100%. In the meantime, 3 or 4 other players attack and bring phase 1 down to 30% but he is still going in the background. He still has 100% of phase 1 available to him since he started earlier.

Request a screenshot next raid?
  • Options
    I hear what you are saying. I was more concerned with the behavior after we asked them about it. It seems like they are scrambling to cover up something now. Best we can do at this point is watch them diligently and as you said get a screen shot at the end of their turn to compare damage numbers. I'm not knowledgable about these modded apps but I'm assuming if he's using one it's going to catch up with him eventually. Thanks for the reply.

Also, he came in when there was just under 30% left of P1 and when he boasted about his run P2 was at 99%. Any damage after that, was truly after his run. I know for a fact you can't pull off that much damage in just 30% on P1 of a T5 but oh well. Unless someone can explain to me how someone could rack up that much damage with so little of a phase then I'm leaning big fat cheater.

If I were the leader of the guild I would have demanded proof on the spot instead of getting the buy some time excuse, give me a few minutes, and then come back with a canned answer.
  • Options
    If teebo has high potency through mods it is very possible capn never gets a turn because teebo basic 0s tm if teebo is stealthed. Plus he has ee to cleanse. That team could solo t7 phase 1 if they were 7* lvl 80, so not outside realm of possible for what he has to solo p1 in t5.

It is also very common to waste damage in p1 if you are going at same time as others, but someone else finishes first. You can pause a run for hours.

He has a 7* toon and would get better rewards in t7 guild in last place than what he gets 1st place in t5, and many t7 guilds would kill to have him assuming he reliably makes his 600. Just take a look at all the t7 guilds looking for new blood in the guild section of this forum. Many of those guilds have strict limits on how high a score can be and how they are timed to ensure everyone gets a hit. The guild i belong to started t7 last night and had 9 players score 1.8 million and then intentionally escape toons and let others be killed to stay under the guild score. They all went at same time, so we would intentionally waste maximum damage in p1 so that lower ranking guild members would have p2 and p3 to kill at noon.

It is because of exactly this type of accusation that your guild will lose the members who invested in the right toons, and you will still be doing t5s months from now while they are doing t7s with someone else.
  • Options
    You should have him take a screenshot of his damage and post it to Line or whatever you guys use for communication. This way you can confirm he's doing all the damage in one round.
  • Options
    Are you sure he didn't start the run earlier and then just wait to log the damage? t5 phase 1 has about 4 mil in damage so 30% would convert to around 1.2mil damage so he must have went in earlier.

It is completely understandable if he upgrades the toons he was successful with since 2 mil damage is not very much nowadays and upgrading the toons will be beneficial for them still.

As the others suggested have them post a screenshot of damage dealt if you want to make sure they are good.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    take the time to read and search forums; There are people who can solo an entire raid with Teebo lead. Welcome to the forums.
  • Options
    Badoctor, that last comment of yours is out of line! This is a GAME for having FUN! Our best guild member was formerly in a top 25 guild and is as knowledgeable as I've seen on this game. All these rules and limits and what not, he said the big guilds were more like corporations than places for having fun with a game! And we didn't just call this one guy out for cheating. We asked about his strategies and such to see what he said. Asked him to share with the guild so we all could improve based on what he was doing. Well as has been stated already....generic answers that still don't add up. It's okay though. The next raid we will be testing this strategy. It should yield some interesting results. If it pans out, then fine. If not, it just proves all these last second after the fact upgrades he is making are an attempt at hiding something and he'll get the boot!
  • Options
    I apologize for the harshness of my last post. Growing guild from t5 to t6 to t7 is a fine path to take and can be fun if spirit of comeraderie is there. But calling out for cheating is very serious, leads to hard feelings and likely loss of member, whether they decide to join a another t5 guild or t7 guild for their next is moot. If this player can solo p1 in t5 that should put his guild closer to being able to handle t6 since p1 can be such a meat grinder. He might not be able to solo there, but he will make a good dent.

The player is still upgrading his toon more in preperation for his current guild moving up to t6 where those toons will need better stats to continue to pull off p1 solos.
  • Options
    That's a team that might well be able to solo a t5 p1. Not t6 probably, but t5 is plausible.
  • Options
    Okay, what I'm hearing is multiple opinions that what this guy did is plausible. We're giving the benefit of the doubt for now. It's just that his roster strength, including this team he used, doesn't seem possible to cause this damage. Believe me, if he's on the level, then yes he will be a great asset to the guild, especially to the lower level guys showing them how to use a weaker roster to score high damage. One thing we did is made sure not to come right out and call him a cheater.
  • Options
    Have a player on my guild who did unbelievable (not surprising, but can't believe it's possible) damage with sending one squad on P1 of a T5.

He did over 2 million and only one of his characters is level 80 7*, everything else is 6* level 75 or less. No major mods, modded but all low levels 1 up to 6. He allegedly sent in the following:

All of these are Gear 8 btw
    Teebo (L) 7*, level 80 basic was omega other abilities were at 7, all mod slots were filled but at level 1 mostly 1* mods.
    Daka 6*, level 70 all abilities were 3 and 4 no mods
    Rey 6*, level 72 abilities at 6, 3 mod slots were filled upgraded to 5 and 6s
    EE 6*, level 65 abilities at 6, 3 mod slots filled upgraded to 4s
    Fives 6*, level 70 abilities 5 and 6s, no mods

I know the primary and secondary attributes of these mods make a difference but I find it completely unrealistic that with the team compliment this person had is even possible to do that kind of damage. Rey is the only real damage dealer but her power wasn't up there and with her mods to increase her health she she's only about 15K combined health and protection.

Another weird thing, looking at this players roster now, it looks like they are scrambling to add mods to all of these characters and even leveled some up drastically from the screenshots I took before. If they were not cheating I find it hard to believe that they would rush to update a team that was supposedly doing so well in order to make it look a little more realistic. I mean this person was called out, and they made the same lame old ultra generic response about managing TM and taking out the guards, blah blah blah that any good search or youtube video will tell you.

Am I being too critical myself or does it seem a little off to anyone else? Another thing that off is that they allegedly did this much damage but only had somewhere between 15 and 30% of P1 to work with and the damage to P2 was accounted for precisely from other players. At this point I'm trying to talk myself out of the fact the person is using some sort of modded app and they either got lucky or they are holding an amazing ancient Chinese secret scroll of how to win at everything.

Its now possible with mods for 1 person to solo a tier 7 raid. Having someone do 2 million damage on a tier 5 is nothing. All that means is his lineup is VASTLY superior to everyone else in the guild.
  • Options
    With the right rng you could solo stage 1 of a t5 with that team. You can have super low dps as long as you have consistent tmr and elder helps teebo get lots of hits.
  • Options
    .most hacks in this game are the no energy spent and no cooldown on abilities. They're all bannable but no one actively does it. This post will soon be deleted because I mentioned hacks. I do not condone it, but that's how its done.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seems like you have the understanding that what he did is absolutely possible and just to add a team like that especially at a low lvl is very RNG driven. So once he had seen his team was a solid choice he could have been reinforcing them with mods and some coin to see how much better he could do. That's what I have done once you get a solid combo.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    My ex gf would always check my texts and Snapchat
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Good think you can delete your Kik history huh?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Good think you can delete your Kik history huh?

Lmao good one
  • Scruffy_Looking
    244 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Destructus wrote: »
    Badoctor, that last comment of yours is out of line! This is a GAME for having FUN! Our best guild member was formerly in a top 25 guild and is as knowledgeable as I've seen on this game. All these rules and limits and what not, he said the big guilds were more like corporations than places for having fun with a game! And we didn't just call this one guy out for cheating. We asked about his strategies and such to see what he said. Asked him to share with the guild so we all could improve based on what he was doing. Well as has been stated already....generic answers that still don't add up.
    There was nothing out of line about his truthful response. You're the one coming here accusing someone of cheating, when everyone says that his damage is possible with his squad. Of course your own best guild member is more knowledgable than anyone here, so I don't know why you came here, especially when everyone here is saying the same generic stuff about how Teebo squads can wreck P1.

But have FUN in your guild where you're jumping to conclusions that one of your guys is a cheater! I'm sure he finds it FUN to be interrogated... much more FUN than he would be having getting great rewards in a T7 guild that wouldn't question his squad's ability to rack up damage on a T5.

Also, there's nothing weak with the roster he sent in. It's a P1-specific raid roster.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Well, first you answer your wife's phone...

Oh wait. Sorry, flashbacks of my first marriage.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I'm level 80 and have a small guild. The only person who keeps up with me in raid damage is level 71. And he uses Tebow. (Yes, I miss spelled it in purpose due to Florida QBs always coming to mind on seeing his name, lol)

His team looks perfect honestly. 5s to keep slow applied while Tebow removes turn meter and Rey applies the actual damage. Also, a "deathmarked" character escapes it if they go stealth. So Tebow lead really is perfect. This person is no cheater, he just has strategy.
  • Options
    OP that's definitely possible without cheating. That party is one of the best parties for p1.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo G8 Teebo can have 6% base potency. With 6 MK1 potency mods can be boosted to 51%, enough to assist with soloing a T7 P1 raid, Level 7 Leader ability still gives same stealth chance.

5's G7 has enough potency to land Speed down on T6 Rancor so a T5 Captain should be no problem

Entirely possible.
  • Options
    With ewok elder he can cleans the death mark away as well as rez a toon as long as they were not killed while death marked.

Teebo is an easy farm in gw. Potency is the key to making the tm reduction proc. Outfit him with 6 1* leveled potency mods to get the max set bonus of 10% three times, and you already have +30%. If the right ones have potency as primary, you can add at least another +20% to that. As opportunity presents itself, replace the ones that matter most with the more expensive 5* with bigger boost. oonly a few of the 6 mod slots have large potency primaries, so invest selectively.
  • Options
    2 million is easy on t5 p1 with teebo. Daka stuns pigs, rey for damage, 5s for speed down, Elder for deathmark/heal/revive and TM and teebo for TM removal. It's a fairly easily farmable standard raid squad. No cheating needed.
  • Options
    sounds legit to me.... t5 is easy and that squad can definitely do it
  • Options
    pre-mods phase 1 tier 5. 3 million damage. Less of a squad in power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAauWtvrDJA
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Looks like the OP is on a witch hunt
  • Options
    Thats honestly your basic F2p team for the raid. I use a similar squad, but dont hit druing the gamoreans. But stuns and turn meter reduction and ressurrection is basic strategy for massive damage on P1.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    It is simple. If You suspect someone is cheating, contact cg_lucifersdaddy
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Closing because these threads on cheating are discouraged.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
This discussion has been closed.