100s of useless gear building up.....

slothe
221 posts Member
@EA_Jesse
Have you all thought about setting it up so that we can convert useless low level gear, that we have 100s of, into rarer or raid gear?
It would allow us to get rid of all the useless gear and it would be a win win for us and devs, cause it would make a lot of people happy.

Replies

• Options
    sell for credits would be nice, but they would just insult us with the prices...
  • Options
    slothe wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse
    Have you all thought about setting it up so that we can convert useless low level gear, that we have 100s of, into rarer or raid gear?
    It would allow us to get rid of all the useless gear and it would be a win win for us and devs, cause it would make a lot of people happy.

Why would it be a win for devs?
  • Options
    It drives me insane that I can't sell/scrap/convert all the useless stuff. Ability mats too. I don't know why they include tier 1 and 2 mats on crystal-bought packs...
  • Options
    slothe wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse

Why would it be a win for devs?

Cause people would be happy for a change.
  • Options
    What about the 600+ mk 8 binoculars from the tank challenge. I would love to trade those in for stun guns, stun cuffs, or any other pieces that are a pain to grind for.
  • LVTrisha
    160 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yea. If we could swap a few thousand of the junk items for one of the billion Mk III sienar Holo projectors every character needs, that would be swell. Or a heaven forbid cuff or scanner.
  • Options
    You used to be able to sell gear for credits (you used to be able to sell pretty much anything that's not a character for credits) through a "sell" button next to "achievements", but for some reason this feature was removed.
  • Options
    Maybe a decent comprise is to add a guild depository/smelter/recycler thingamajigga...

that promotes guild loyalty (also solves a lot of guild hopping issues) by granting increased return rates on length of time in guild as well as participation and energy usage...etc..etc...

To convert excess gear into something...like better gear...shard shop tokens...credits...refreshes...etc...etc...
  • Options
    There would have to be a way for them to make it profitable.

• Options
    hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you think they are gonna trade you something for that useless s... you have accumulated trying to get gear?????? hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hey dude keep grinding out this goofy s... and if youre lucky they might let you keep what you have now hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Bait and Switch anyone??????????
  • Options
    wait when i spent 30 days trying to get this gear it said i would get this????? but now you are saying if i farm this i can get this????? good luck people hope you all WINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Options
    I have 1k plus just of one kind of gear by itself...would be nice if I could do something with it.
  • Options
    Yes it would make perfect sense for 100 or 500 or whatever of a mark 1 to be able to be converted to a mark 2 and so on.

And it would be great to have an in-guild exchange system where you could actually strike deals. So all those players with thousands of GW coins or Arena tokens could purchase shards that other guild members need and trade them for gear/credits/entire toons.
  • Fodder1978
    172 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Kell_Jon wrote: »
    Yes it would make perfect sense for 100 or 500 or whatever of a mark 1 to be able to be converted to a mark 2 and so on.

And it would be great to have an in-guild exchange system where you could actually strike deals. So all those players with thousands of GW coins or Arena tokens could purchase shards that other guild members need and trade them for gear/credits/entire toons.

Like the idea of upgrading obsolete or useless gear, handing in "x" number of units to upgrade them to the next tier.

It would have to be balanced so it would neither be an utter rip-off or an alternative to grinding or farming, so the exchange rate would have to be pretty steep. Given the energy costs of getting that obsolete kit in the first place, it probably wouldn't damage the game mechanics much.

Failing that, restoring the sell function would help a bit against the credit crunch.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    removed
    Post edited by leef on
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • slothe
    221 posts Member
    Options
    You used to be able to sell gear for credits (you used to be able to sell pretty much anything that's not a character for credits) through a "sell" button next to "achievements", but for some reason this feature was removed.

It was removed because DEVs were getting overloaded with messages from people that wanted gear back that they claimed they accidentally sold. i.e. they wanted it back after they realized that they needed it. This could've been fixed with a disclaimer when selling gear stating no returns or by having a 24hr return window. But personally I would like to be able to convert lower gear into higher gear, it would make more sense. Ten mk1s should convert into one mk2 etc.