Question on how dodge works?

Tiltowait
33 posts Member
edited August 2016
If I look at a character's stats and he has a dodge of 2%. In an arena team where the leader does not grant bonuses and his (Sidious) own special bonus (vs. jedi) doesn't apply against my non-jedi team. If for the next 3 full turns each of my 5 characters attack and he dodges every single one, is there a hidden buff or is this just how the RNG works?

If level matters, he's 5 levels below.
If * rating matters he's 2 stars below.
No mods that add to dodge.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Are you exaggerating? 15 dodges in a row on a character without bonus evasion is almost impossible. key word is "almost".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14182 posts Member
    Options
    As with everything in this game. Each attack has a 2% chance to be dodged. If that happened 15 times in a row you had some really bad RNG.

With a high sample size, which 15 attacks is not, it should average out to 2%.
  • Options
    I'd have to see video of this one, which I know may not be possible.
  • Options
    AI is rigged, there are a lot more dodges
  • Options
    Simple: if you're f2p, and the next attack would take out the AI's toon, then it becomes _very_ likely that the toon will dodge the attack.

I don't really know if this applies only to f2p, but I've seen this sequence of events happen _way_ too often to be just bad RNG. I've never had 15 consecutive dodges, but I have lost battles because I was about to take out a toon (often Sidious) and, near "death", he would dodge every single attack (at least 8 of them) while his mates quickly made short work of my team. It should be mentioned that the player does not have such a benefit of the "dodge of life" (at least, I usually don't); <sarcasm>one more of those situations that make this game "fair"</sarcasm>.
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    AI is rigged, there are a lot more dodges

People repeating this, still doesn't make it true.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It's pretty simple..when you battle, the ai dodges about 50% more than you and it doesn't matter which character....they all do. And when it comes to attacks, ai gets about 25% more attacks than you..again, it doesn't matter which character. My favorite game is to take my squad against a lower ranked squad of the same people and watch my guys get creamed because somehow they attack and dodge way more than I do.
  • Options
    My team survived 5 turns...I just decided to focus on Sidious and see how many misses in a row I could get. No different then the couple of times I've had Boba Fett rez, die, rez, die, rez, die...literally 8 times in a row...just funny seeing the RNG at work.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Simple: if you're f2p, and the next attack would take out the AI's toon, then it becomes _very_ likely that the toon will dodge the attack.

I don't really know if this applies only to f2p, but I've seen this sequence of events happen _way_ too often to be just bad RNG. I've never had 15 consecutive dodges, but I have lost battles because I was about to take out a toon (often Sidious) and, near "death", he would dodge every single attack (at least 8 of them) while his mates quickly made short work of my team. It should be mentioned that the player does not have such a benefit of the "dodge of life" (at least, I usually don't); <sarcasm>one more of those situations that make this game "fair"</sarcasm>.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It used to bug the hell out of me when healers were all over the arena. Constantly I'd get a toon into the red, then Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, AI lumi heals them fully. That used to happen constantly.

But since healers have disappeared in arena and damage has gotten massive, it's not really an issue for me anymore.