Raid guidelines for a t7 guild, feedback requested

My guild has been doing t7 raids for a bit now, but are starting to run into some issues now that our roster is filling up. We have players in many time zones, with a broad spectrum of power levels. No one time is good for everyone and we want to be fair to everyone earning raid coins. We also want soloing p1 to be a goal for the advances gamers, without restricting it to only a handful of players.

This is a proposed set of rules that I'd like your collective opinion on. There are a lot of good players and guilds on this forum who have been doing this longer than I have, so I figure you already have a decent concept of what works and what doesn't.

Raids begin as soon as we have enough coins to activate at 1930 est. Any officer can start it ASAP. However, it is only open for tagging purposes, aka sending a single toon to get on the raid scoreboard. 0 damage still earns rewards, so NOBODY should be doing much dmg at all. If you don't have a "spare" toon to waste, don't send a full squad!

At noon the next day we will begin fighting p1 "for real." It will begin with a rotating published list of players (on another Line note) who will finish p1 and get us to p2 ASAP. Anyone can join this set by having a squad that can do >30% dmg in p1.

Once we hit p2 people may send one squad, and one squad only, against the rancor. When we near the end of a phase, be sure to announce your entry and exit to the raid so we don't waste damage. This will continue into phase 3 and 4.

NOBODY will be sending a 2nd squad until noon the next day, or until all active guild members have participated. At that time, it's a free for all as we finish the raid as soon as possible. In a perfect world, the next raid would begin at 1930 that day.

If we follow this plan properly raids should be lasting 19-36 hours, rather than <9 hours. We are making this change because we have guild members all over the world helping earn coins to fund the raids, but aren't able to get any of the rewards when we complete the raids so quickly.

Please let me know what you think! Good or bad.

Replies

• Options
    What we do is alternate start times. As soon as the raid starts everyone sends in a squad for whatever phase they like. 1 squad in 24 hours. Free for all 24 hours after start time. We have only cleared the raid in one run once and it was our last player who finished it. Generally this works for us. We have 3 different start times and raid 3 days a week. Any excess coins gets burnt off as and when with an extra raid.
  • Options
    My guild has a broad range of time zones too and also had this problem at one point, in the end we settled on a start time of 17:00 GMT (round about 10:00-12:00 est I think). You're situation seems the same as ours was when we first started doing t7 raids and you seem to go about it the same way we did so I don't think there's any need to change the way you go about it. Our guild has members across 9 different time zones and the above stated time ended up being the best for us. I am in the UK and my guild is one with an EST leader, even though the majority of members are obviously est and pst we still tried to accommodate the rest of the timezones and that was the best we came up with.

Originally when the raid started we had a nominated list for taking out p1 (as a lot of our guild didn't have the right toons to maximise their damage in it) then everyone else was allowed 1 shot only during p2/3 to get on the scoreboard, if we reached p4 before some people got their shot then they simply had to wait until the free for all time which was 8 hours after the raids start time for us.

That system worked pretty well for us and now t7 raids are finished with ease between us (which obviously requires a new system, but I'll let you deal with that when you come to it) feel free to ask if you have any questions.