Why is the raid system so broken?

The raid system isn't even fun anymore everyone has to compete against each for rewards which is fine if I could actually have fun on the reward and do a real attack but no I can only attack once with my squad of goons because everyone in my guild needs a chance to attack. Please tell me a raid/guild fix is being worked on because I'm starting to see how pointless this game is becoming

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I certainly agree the current is completely boring; it was a terrible design to begin with (and not just the reward system). We can't even begin to use the toons we have available... we can only hope that they learned from their design mistakes and made something better for the next one.

And personally... I'd rather not have this heroic style where your toons don't refresh but u only need 10 members to clear the whole thing and instead make it way more challenging and let everything refresh... it would make the current raid a lot more fun; T6 was more fun than T7; and also let's not have stuff work in lower tiers that won't work and scale in the higher tiers.
  • YourFace
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm still curious about the segment of the new Raid trailer that said "fight with friends" and showed multiple squads appearing in formation on the holotable facing the enemy. Nobody has really brought this up for discussion or speculated what this might be from what I've seen here in the forums.

If it is what it appears to be and introduces more cooperative guild gameplay within raids then it may address the concerns mentioned by the OP and echoed throughout the forums.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    YourFace wrote: »
    I'm still curious about the segment of the new Raid trailer that said "fight with friends" and showed multiple squads appearing in formation on the holotable facing the enemy. Nobody has really brought this up for discussion or speculated what this might be from what I've seen here in the forums.

If it is what it appears to be and introduces more cooperative guild gameplay within raids then it may address the concerns mentioned by the OP and echoed throughout the forums.

I don't think it will. If you could get entire guild to start at the same time right on you wouldn't have to limit yourself because of over damage.

All 50 members starting p1 at same time can go all out and not worry about limiting damage. That is next to impossible, be like hearding cats.

I also doubt it will be much different than now each player go in and damage is counted when you finish your run.
  • Options
    Yeah unfortunately there was a lot of cool things they could have done with this game and especially the raid/guild system but I know they're just going to continue to drop the ball with it. They had a golden goose here and they're killing the goose.
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's gotten to the point that I don't even participate in raids anymore when my guild starts them. I've been first in every raid we've ever done until this week when I just quit joining in on them.

It's the most tedious, awful thing to do. Pounding on those pigs and that rancor for over an hour everyday....it's a version of self inflicted torture. I just can't do it anymore.
  • Options
    But I sincerely believe that CG won't make a player friendly update unless it benefits them monetarily.
  • Options
    It's gotten to the point that I don't even participate in raids anymore when my guild starts them. I've been first in every raid we've ever done until this week when I just quit joining in on them.

It's the most tedious, awful thing to do. Pounding on those pigs and that rancor for over an hour everyday....it's a version of self inflicted torture. I just can't do it anymore.

So why do you continue to play the game? GWs? Arena?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    The reward mechanism is great. There are a few items that everyone needs a gazillion, but rarely seem to drop. Then there are those that probably go to Kylo Ren to get him to glvl 11, that at least I see all the time. Even though I always place on top 3, I believe I may have received a total of 2 full pieces.

Has someone compiled a list that showed who can use these apparently useless rewards?
  • Options
    Kramer wrote: »

So why do you continue to play the game? GWs? Arena?

A question I've been asking myself more and more. I do like arena a lot. But collection and completion plays a roll as well. Trying new squads and things. But I feel like the luster is wearing off.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

I just look for teams comp's now that can do quick high damage.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

But what about all the mk 4 carbanti you're missing out on!?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    This raid system was clearly shortsighted and only lightly tested (if at all). Having one singular tactic (TM removal) that is clearly the strongest strategy was a massive oversight that made virtually all other squad compositions redundant. I believe and am hopeful that the new raid is designed to avoid this...

...despite everyone currently racing after anti-droid toons, it seems to me like there will be several effective but not auto-win strategies: anti-droids, AOEs, counter-attacks maybe?
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    This raid system was clearly shortsighted and only lightly tested (if at all). Having one singular tactic (TM removal) that is clearly the strongest strategy was a massive oversight that made virtually all other squad compositions redundant. I believe and am hopeful that the new raid is designed to avoid this...

...despite everyone currently racing after anti-droid toons, it seems to me like there will be several effective but not auto-win strategies: anti-droids, AOEs, counter-attacks maybe?

I think AoE will be important also, Many low health droids to take out. 4 of the anti-droid characters, Ugnaught, Datcha, Jawa Scavenger, and Jawa all have AoE.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »

I would second this speculation. It's highly doubtful that TM was planned to even be the rancor killer. Rewards overall were poorly designed and pushed out too quick, consistent with everything else. I expect next raid to be significantly more difficult.
  • Options
    I think the rewards system is counter intuitive. Raids are supposed to help your whole guild grow, but honestly the top 3 guild members will grow exponentially faster than the rest of the guild, and they are most likely the members who need the least boost. At least my speculation.

I think a better system of rewards would be everyone that participates gets the same reward based on how quickly you defeat the raid (raid gear, character shards), and then you get individual rewards based on damage (guild currency, credits, ect).

I think this would cause guilds to work better together to try and complete raids quickly. I may be wrong, but it's an intriguing concept nevertheless.
  • Options
    I think the rewards system is counter intuitive. Raids are supposed to help your whole guild grow, but honestly the top 3 guild members will grow exponentially faster than the rest of the guild, and they are most likely the members who need the least boost. At least my speculation.

I think a better system of rewards would be everyone that participates gets the same reward based on how quickly you defeat the raid (raid gear, character shards), and then you get individual rewards based on damage (guild currency, credits, ect).

I think this would cause guilds to work better together to try and complete raids quickly. I may be wrong, but it's an intriguing concept nevertheless.

This game isn't designed on what's more fun... it is based on what's more profitable.... and pitting us against each other in a slot machine competition is thought to be more profitable.