Please fix it so that mods have an equal chance to drop all shapes

Ok so of course this is a complaint, but i think players of this game put up with a ton of RNG, we farm endlessly to get the gear we need from very poor drop rates. but the way mods are dropping is a whole new level of insanity.

I have taken large samples from other players I know that have shown the left-hand side mods Square Diamond and Circle, you know the ones with almost no variability in their primary stat, drop 20-30% more often than the right-hand side mods with all the variability.

But I have also spent the last couple of weeks farming defense mods in particular. you know what I have gotten in that time?

35 mods,
10 square (5-5*, 3-4*, 2-3*)
10 diamond (7-5*, 1-4*, 2-3*)
8 circle (5-5*, 2-4*, 1-3*)
4 triangle (2 - 5*, 1-4*,1-3*)
1 cross (1- 3*)
2 arrow (1-4*, 1-3*)

At the end of the day I really only wanted to get defense mods on a couple of characters, but now ive got enough left-hand side mods for 5 characters, and I still dont have enough right-hand side mods for even one character...

Replies

• Options
    +1 and stop preference defense as a primary stat as well!
  • Options
    Ive said it before, and it bears saying again, IF the drop rate were back to 100% then id be more willing to accept this crap, but with a drop rate of mods being about 35% it really hurts to also never get the shapes that have the different primary stats
  • Options
    +1000 my dood. It sucks getting the same circle every time. But I won't have this problem anymore. I'm done with mod farming, it really is just a waste of cantina energy. I spend 240 cantina energy on it every day, no useful mods. Not only that I have to spend money to see if they are useful.
  • Options
    Yeah they're stingy af with the plus and arrow mods. I guess they want us to buy them in the shop instead since they have the best stats and the devs are mean like that.
  • Options
    Now I feel it's a crap shoot as to which mods you will get and most suck after the nerf except a handful and good farming them, you can buy them but I'm not buying anything after that debacle.
  • Options
    The worst part is, im not here complaining that i dont get enough potency primary stat crosses, or enough speed arrows, i just dont get enough of either at all to even fill out mods on a character....
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    And the fun part is that there's always 2x arrow, triangle & cross mods in the mod shipment
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    +1000000
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

I hate to bother you guys, but if there any chance we can get some official word on this? I've previously posted data gathered from multiple players which showed a very definite skew to the square circle and diamond mods dropping (about 20-30%) more often than the arrow triangle and cross mods.

If its working as intended thats fine, it would just be nice to know, cause over a sample size of 1000 mod drops you should not see that big a difference if they are supposed to be more or less even.
  • Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    Ive said it before, and it bears saying again, IF the drop rate were back to 100% then id be more willing to accept this ****, but with a drop rate of mods being about 35% it really hurts to also never get the shapes that have the different primary stats

You'd still be broke, the stupid lottery ticket side of these things costs a ridiculous amount of credits only to find out the mod is garbage....
  • Options
    It would seem surprising if the drop rates differed between shapes, but it makes sense if they are trying to make bank on the mod shipments. I almost preferred when I used to get tier one and tier two mods there, there's no way I am spending thousands of crystals on a single tier five mod that I don't even have the credits to upgrade.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Manowar wrote: »
    It would seem surprising if the drop rates differed between shapes, but it makes sense if they are trying to make bank on the mod shipments. I almost preferred when I used to get tier one and tier two mods there, there's no way I am spending thousands of crystals on a single tier five mod that I don't even have the credits to upgrade.

How many days would it take you to farm to get the mod shape, primary stat, and 4 secondaries you want using 2 cantina refreshes a day?
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

How many days would it take you to farm to get the mod shape, primary stat, and 4 secondaries you want using 2 cantina refreshes a day?

When I lick the tootsie pop that many times and find out I'll let you know lol

so far: I have't found one yet!
  • Options

Well from the numbers I had, on the high side, its about a 15% chance to get the shape you want,
    lets call it a 33% chance to get a mod drop at all,
    so its a 5% chance to get the shape you want while farming
    Now the shapes can have up to 11 primaries so you have a .45% chance to get the shape with the primary
    you can get 3,4,5 star options so its a .15% chance to get the primary you want

If we stop there, and yes i know you asked about secondaries... but if we stop there then you would need to spend up to 10,672 Cantina energy.

So it would take 89 days buying no refreshes
    44 days buying one refresh
    30 days buying two refreshes

And thats all for one mod.

If you want particular secondaries start adding zeroes to those time frames
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

I hate to bother you guys, but if there any chance we can get some official word on this? I've previously posted data gathered from multiple players which showed a very definite skew to the square circle and diamond mods dropping (about 20-30%) more often than the arrow triangle and cross mods.

If its working as intended thats fine, it would just be nice to know, cause over a sample size of 1000 mod drops you should not see that big a difference if they are supposed to be more or less even.
    Ztyle wrote: »
    And the fun part is that there's always 2x arrow, triangle & cross mods in the mod shipment

It's WAI, that's why the shapes are at fixed positions in shipment, and the shapes that have lover drop rate have two positions

Edit: post 1000
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

Well from the numbers I had, on the high side, its about a 15% chance to get the shape you want,
    lets call it a 33% chance to get a mod drop at all,
    so its a 5% chance to get the shape you want while farming
    Now the shapes can have up to 11 primaries so you have a .45% chance to get the shape with the primary
    you can get 3,4,5 star options so its a .15% chance to get the primary you want

If we stop there, and yes i know you asked about secondaries... but if we stop there then you would need to spend up to 10,672 Cantina energy.

So it would take 89 days buying no refreshes
    44 days buying one refresh
    30 days buying two refreshes

And thats all for one mod.

If you want particular secondaries start adding zeroes to those time frames

30 days * 300 Crystals = 9000 Crystals

MK5 Class A in mod shop ~3400 Crystals.

True you will get other not bad mods but at some point you will have enough to outfit a bunch of teams.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

It's WAI, that's why the shapes are at fixed positions in shipment, and the shapes that have lover drop rate have two positions

Edit: post 1000

I assume it is WAI, cause there is money to be made by restricting access to certain mods, its like the monopoly game at McDonalds, everyone gets park place 18 million times but only one person gets boardwalk...

Id just like an official confirmation its WAI, or perhaps in a fantasy land a reply, of oh crap we will look into this.

30 days * 300 Crystals = 9000 Crystals

MK5 Class A in mod shop ~3400 Crystals.

True you will get other not bad mods but at some point you will have enough to outfit a bunch of teams.

but thats also gets you alot less credits and shards from cantina shipments if you go that route. spending money should be a way to get ahead faster, not the only practical way to move at all....