Guild Vent

I'm a moderate f2p, around 200-300 in arena, but play daily and am a consistant guild contributor.
Problem is my guild is like 5 or so people like me, and everyone else is just there. Not a lot of talking, no sense of community, and it takes us 4 days to clear 6*, with me being top contributor always (~4 mil).
I'd like to switch but feel I'd be abandoning the guild. Leader made me an officer because I'm active (?), but I really feel I'm not being pushed (more like I'm pulling and it's dead weight). I want to try 7* (can almost do 4 teams), but I feel I'll never get the chance.
I'd rather be middle of the pack and feel like I'm advancing with a stronger group.

Thanks for listening. Advice/Feedback appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Change guilds
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Switch guilds, ask your active members to follow you. Dont beat yourself up about leaving a non-active guild. I'm all for loyalty, but loyalty to players you dont even know(ingame) is taking it a bit too far imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    you need to find a guild that uses line or discord... community is rough in guild chat.
  • Options
    Join us...

225-123-295

We have about 15 actively speaking members & it's quite the family to be honest. We take about a day to finish a tier 6, less if we don't wait for guildies to participate & we're about to step it up to tier 7 raids.
  • Options
    Katryol wrote: »
    I'm a moderate f2p, around 200-300 in arena, but play daily and am a consistant guild contributor.
    Problem is my guild is like 5 or so people like me, and everyone else is just there. Not a lot of talking, no sense of community, and it takes us 4 days to clear 6*, with me being top contributor always (~4 mil).
    I'd like to switch but feel I'd be abandoning the guild. Leader made me an officer because I'm active (?), but I really feel I'm not being pushed (more like I'm pulling and it's dead weight). I want to try 7* (can almost do 4 teams), but I feel I'll never get the chance.
    I'd rather be middle of the pack and feel like I'm advancing with a stronger group.

Sent you a PM. If you're looking to switch, my guild is all F2P, and extremely active on Line.
  • Options
    Change guilds for sure. Get into communication with potential guild leaders to feel out other guilds that might match your style. My guild (https://swgoh.gg/g/256/elite-casual/) is solid with T7 raids every 2 days (sometimes 3 with quirkiness associated with guild coin collection time change), and we have a lively LINE chat for banter and camaraderie. Very little dead weight, and the leaders and officers actively search out new folks if people leave. Look for scootle on LINE to talk about the guild philosophy if you're interested. We perform at a high level, but we're not crazy about things. Everyone is pushed to get their 600 GBC a day for raiding, but that's about the closest thing to a requirement and even that is pretty casual.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    You have two choices, change guild or change your guild. Chat with your leader and implement a participation requirement. My guild has a 2000 donation per week requirement which basically means all players must do their daily achievement + 1 refresh somewhere during the day.
    We gave people time to ramp up but we do track it and if people aren't particpating, they get removed. We're not strict so if someone goes on vacation and just lets us know ahead of time they are perfectly safe.

We have build a very good team now that are completing Tier 6s within one refresh, still failed our first t7 but we are very close.

If you have a core group of 4-5 players, start with them and bring more in.
  • Options
    They're a design failure imo
    You must protect your guild vent lest a stray blaster bolt initiate a chain reaction explosion throughout your entire guild
  • Options
    Katryol wrote: »

I had the exact same problem, so I switch guilds, I don't finish 1st anymore but far happier in the new one. Take the plunge switch guilds you'll be happier
  • Options
    They're a design failure imo
    You must protect your guild vent lest a stray blaster bolt initiate a chain reaction explosion throughout your entire guild

Try switching off your targeting computer.