How are people getting Wedge 7* already

Bochista has him maxed out in my arena server and of course ranked #1

Replies

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    There was a time when Wedge was available through a pack but you have to use crystals to get it. Only for a limited amount of time so i guess he spent enough crystals to get Wedge to 7*
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    He used to be in Aurodium months back
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yes he was the Aurodium toon in May and back then the Aurodium packs were only available to players that had spent over $200 or something like that
  • Options
    I never leave the top 10 with FTP characters. Congratulate him on throwing $200 out the window.
  • Options
    Word. Congrats Bochista!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    There is one dude in my leaderboard having the danger zone team but they are not as geared , lando g9, and using leia instead of hoth rebel scout which imo would be better. the team is good on offence but not so on defense
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »
    There is one dude in my leaderboard having the danger zone team but they are not as geared , lando g9, and using leia instead of hoth rebel scout which imo would be better. the team is good on offence but not so on defense

Leia instead of HRS is how it's supposed to be, I'm confused here
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Yes he was the Aurodium toon in May and back then the Aurodium packs were only available to players that had spent over $200 or something like that

It was a pointless requirement since you basically had to spend $200 on Aurodiums anyway
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I can't imagine the feeling of spending 200$ on an exclusive character only to find out he's available in GW/Cantina/Arena shipments a few weeks later. I know the idea is to get a head start, but is it really worth it?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I can't imagine the feeling of spending 200$ on an exclusive character only to find out he's available in GW/Cantina/Arena shipments a few weeks later. I know the idea is to get a head start, but is it really worth it?

Except that has never happened and never will happen, May was more than 3 months ago
    Rex was the first Aurodium and he still hasn't been made F2P
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

It has never been a few weeks later though. It's quite a few months later
  • Options

Well add to that the feeling of buying a player for $200 only to find out he's complete trash....
  • Options

Easily for those who took a gamble on a Wedge in May Aurodiums it did not pay off and he sat on the back bench for months bugged and fairly useless until now, actually no one even spoke of him , he was the forgotten one , so about time he cost me 2.5 vaults I am glad he rains down fire now with good synergy.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Besides being broken for 3 months, Wedge needs an obscene amount of raid gear
    I'm ok with not being able to farm him for another month or so, it's the least EA can do for those that spent hundreds on Wedge
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    I'm ok with not being able to farm him for another month or so, it's the least EA can do for those that spent hundreds on Wedge

I honestly think they had no idea Wedge was broken and gave him a huge boost thinking he was working as intended before lol. Because when after the update his unique still was broken
  • Options
    OP what is your in game name? Bochista is my shard mate as well.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Bochista. Screw all you guys.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    ZING!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »

Man I wish I could trade my max leia in for HRS then my rebel team could finally beat those top meta teams
  • Doc_Ellis
    19 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I honestly think they had no idea Wedge was broken and gave him a huge boost thinking he was working as intended before lol. Because when after the update his unique still was broken

Just an FYI I bought Wedge way back when, and I submitted posts to the Bug section and on Reddit. They were aware of the bug before the rework as the devs actually messaged me that they would be looking into it and a rework was on the way. I was dismayed to realize he was broken after dropping ~$200 and a ton of purple/raid gear to max him out. The devs have a ton of stuff to work on so I knew it would take time, but I was thrilled to see that they threw me and the other "wedgies" a bone since we were sold a broken toon and many of us felt very cheated.

I have always loved Red Squadron and grew up reading all the Star Wars books so Wedge was a total nostalgia buy for me. Given that he is this months promo toon he will most likely be farmable next month, assuming EA follows its pattern. I'd suggest farming him hard, and hopefully you've already been working on Biggs, the combo is crazy good, but not unbeatable. Since I have worked them into my arena squad I make #1 6-7 days a week and haven't found a squad I cannot beat on offense. Defense is another matter, but no team should be unbeatable on defense. The computer AI is garbage so if they were, they would probably be overpowered.
  • Options

I don't buy aurodium/chromiums and I could see how people who do are upset over this very issue.
  • Options

I don't buy aurodium/chromiums and I could see how people who do are upset over this very issue.

I was upset over him being broken, but I am totally happy for everyone else to have access to him now. He should be farmable next month, and though I've only had about a month with him fixed, it has been quite a fun month. If people are upset over their premium toons becoming farmable they should have known better. EA/CG have always maintained that every character will eventually be farmable. Wedge had a number of months as an exclusive toon, albeit a broken one, and a solid month of being standout for those who had him and biggs maxed. That's enough for me.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Doc_Ellis wrote: »

Just an FYI I bought Wedge way back when, and I submitted posts to the Bug section and on Reddit. They were aware of the bug before the rework as the devs actually messaged me that they would be looking into it and a rework was on the way. I was dismayed to realize he was broken after dropping ~$200 and a ton of purple/raid gear to max him out. The devs have a ton of stuff to work on so I knew it would take time, but I was thrilled to see that they threw me and the other "wedgies" a bone since we were sold a broken toon and many of us felt very cheated.

I have always loved Red Squadron and grew up reading all the Star Wars books so Wedge was a total nostalgia buy for me. Given that he is this months promo toon he will most likely be farmable next month, assuming EA follows its pattern. I'd suggest farming him hard, and hopefully you've already been working on Biggs, the combo is crazy good, but not unbeatable. Since I have worked them into my arena squad I make #1 6-7 days a week and haven't found a squad I cannot beat on offense. Defense is another matter, but no team should be unbeatable on defense. The computer AI is garbage so if they were, they would probably be overpowered.

Bro I've had max Wedge since day one lol, I also bought him when he came out because he was one of my favorite characters and was right there with you when he was broken. Have you not heard of the Danger Zone?

• Options
    Not all players pay 200$ for wedge. I'm f2p, and i have a B2 maxed. If you spend all your gem in card or refresh or or or etc... It's your choice. But for myself, i always wait for pack to comes out. Yes it's a bit more expensive in gem, but it always give you 3-4 toons that work together instead of random toon...
  • Options
    MBL, I actually think you might have posted in my thread under the bug section :D I love the squad you run, I have all of them maxed except for Anakin who is very close, I need to up him to g10 then I will put him in as my 5th. Wedge is great and the combo is now amazing. Now we just need ships to be release and we will have a potential monster on our hands :smiley: