who is the best leader for arena matches in that situation?

Team:
Darth Sidious 4star
Old Daka 4star
Luke Skywalker 5star
Luminara 4star
Cpt. Phasma 3star

I cant decide between Darth Sidious and Cpt. Phasma...

Replies

• Options
    Phasma... The assist will either give a chance for Luke to gain turn meter, cause daka to stun sid to heal block... Crit hit bonus only really helps Luke.
  • Options
    Phasma... The assist will either give a chance for Luke to gain turn meter, cause daka to stun sid to heal block... Crit hit bonus only really helps Luke.

yeah but he is the the highest lvl of all and will be 6 soon. so you would go for phasma anyway?
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Team:
    Darth Sidious 4star
    Old Daka 4star
    Luke Skywalker 5star
    Luminara 4star
    Cpt. Phasma 3star

This is the team I run and I use phasma as my lead. I regularly place top 10 on my server.
  • Options
    Leadership is governed by ability level, not * level.

You do need to get the toon to certain character levels though to advance certain ability levels.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Time wrote: »
    Team:
    Darth Sidious 4star
    Old Daka 4star
    Luke Skywalker 5star
    Luminara 4star
    Cpt. Phasma 3star

This is the team I run and I use phasma as my lead. I regularly place top 10 on my server.

oh ok yeah thx i think ill try that.
    Leadership is governed by ability level, not * level.

You do need to get the toon to certain character levels though to advance certain ability levels.

I know. I was referring to the *level cos the total dmg with increased crit dmg affects luke in a great way. Anyway ill try to have phasma as a leader from now on to see the difference
  • Options
    I have a totally different experience with Phasma than others which makes me wonder why. I have used her as a lead in other modes (she's not leveled and geared up enough to be on my arena team) and the bonus attack rarely happens.

I have faced my share of Phasma-led teams in arena and gw and other than one time, there are rarely extra attacks...talking maybe an average of 2 the entire battle and that is with elite geared and higher leveled Phasmas than mine so I can't say it is just because my Phasma isn't geared up enough.

Going by all the talk I see of her here, people must be seeing a lot of extra attacks (or simply going by theory or a "what if" scenario if everything happened the way you wanted it to) so yeah, don't know why I haven't seen it both for or against me. Disappointing since I specifically got her a while back based on all the glowing reviews/feedback.

Based on my experience, I'd use Sid as the leader since I notice the crit hits happening far more than Phasma extra attacks but again, this is based on my seemingly out of the ordinary experience of her compared to others.

If your Phasma gets you a decent number of extra attacks then I'd say use her.
  • Options
    14 and 12 % is waaaaay too low RNG for me others might like the technical 60% team chance but unless it's 18 approaching 20 it's not for me. People need to learn to judge things on their own it all really depends on synergies and not 'who is best' lol
    There is a good forum post of the maths of sid vs phas it's funny
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Based on my experience, I'd use Sid as the leader since I notice the crit hits happening far more than Phasma extra attacks but again, this is based on my seemingly out of the ordinary experience of her compared to others.

If your Phasma gets you a decent number of extra attacks then I'd say use her.
    That's just human perception and confirmation bias. You are making the assumption that, as crits happen more often, then Sid is helping more. That's not true, is you have s character with 30% crit, Sid raises it to 40% crit, and the RNG rolls a 27, you see a crit, but Sid didn't help at all in *that* crit. It would had been a crit without Sid. So yes, that char is going to crit more than he calls for an assist (40% of the time vs 14%), but really it's not because Sid is helping you more.

Phasma helps more when you have toons that proc. For example, a crit from Lumi just do more damage. A phasma's assist from Lumi that calls 5555 do more damage AND slows the enemy. Phasma also has a greater spike damage potential, as a crit from Lumi is just a crit from Lumi, while the assist could go up to a double crit from Lumi and the assisting guy.

Phasma needs some certain kind of toons to shine, while Sid works in more teams. But I'm the proper team, Phasma ability is better
  • Options
    In most cases Phasma's leadership skill will result in more damage output than Sid:
    http://www.teaminstinct.net/sidious-vs-phasma-leadership-skill-weve-done-the-math/
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild