March 10th, 3:15am gmt+0, Page 10 of "Radio Silence".

DathchaMeta
140 posts Member
edited August 2016
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Hey Everyone,

Well, this thread has gone all over the place. I was going to post in a different location, but since all eyes are here I figured it would be the best place.

Instead of me writing a blob of text I'm instead going to have a list a bullet points below:
  • There haven't been as many updates lately because well, I haven't had anything to post. I can't always post about things being worked on for lots of reasons, but the main one is we don't want to set the expectation that something is coming out at a certain time but then we have to delay it because it isn't ready, requires extra testing etc.
  • Weekly updates will be coming from me starting next week. These will be community updates to let players know about everything going on that can be discussed.
  • The development team and myself see all of the bug reports from the community, they aren't being ignored. Sometimes they can be fixed quickly, and sometimes they can take more time.
  • The feedback area on the forums has been extremely helpful for the team and myself. It allows us to focus on one topic at a time, whereas before we had to dig through all posts to find feedback on characters for example.
  • I do try to post as often as I can, but there are times where I may be traveling or working on other things for the community. Like I said above, I'll be posting a weekly update so at a minimum you all can know that is coming.

Thanks,
Jesse

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/189701/#Comment_189701

YOU told us Weekly updates will be coming from me starting next week. These will be community updates to let players know about everything going on that can be discussed.

This was because you werent communicating, so you gave us this commitment. This one commitment that once(once!) a week you would be "posting a weekly update so at a minimum you all can know that is coming".

You broke this commitment, on the basis: There was no community update, nothing you could be telling us - at all!

In your own words on February 27th in the exact same thread (almost 2 weeks before):
EA_Jesse wrote: »
First off, these forums are not being ignored, the development team is hard at work improving the game and creating the next big update. I read these forums every day and report daily on things going on in the community to the team (feedback, concerns, etc.)

It's my job to be the voice for all of you to the dev team, as well as give you all updates on what's going on. So if you don't hear from anyone other than me know that all of what's being said here on the forums is getting back to the team :)

It is YOUR job, YOUR responsibility to be the voice for us all as well as giving us all updates on what is going on. What happened this week? 5 days after 'No updates' and still 'no updates', there is an event accounced which will be open for 11 days and is 'uncertain' of when its returning.

This isnt anything to do with a specific event, I love Rebels, I started farming them in February and have no more I can farm higher between now and Thursday (25 hours from now). This is because YOU should have told us this update was coming in advance - it doesnt matter if you are on vacation, you had the time to embed a trailer, you have the time to tell us this update, yet you havent replied to a post since August 6th. YOU are our eyes, ears and mouth when it comes to communication with the developer team.

Its shameful that you couldnt keep up this once a week, you've let down your consumers and you've let down your word.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    In before the delete....(yes it's sad that it will probably come to that even though you're bang on with every call out).
  • Options
    Very well said and well written. As @TheShadow1983 says, you are spot on in calling them out.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    And this is further proof of why they are reluctant to say anything. My best advice to one and all here, is expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. I guess my experience on HoDA (another EA/CG mobile game) taught me the CM gets hung out to dry so often it's not even funny. EA_Jesse is not in charge, EA/CG is. They may have approved weekly updates, and okayed the announcement and then changed their minds leaving Jesse hanging.

Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on
  • Options
    expect nothing and you won't be disappointed Yup works IRL 2
  • Options
    expect nothing and you won't be disappointed Yup works IRL 2

Indeed...

• Options
    +1