Droid team balance

I feel like there are some simple tweaks that need to be made in order to fix what has quickly become unbalanced. Presently my server top 10 has become plagued by droid teams. They were at a pretty good balance, they had a couple extra turns initially to kill off a couple guys but things slowed down after that first killer round. Now I'm facing the following: HK (L), JE (220 speed), IG 88, IG 86, B2.

So now they not only go before all my characters, but every single one of my character is ability blocked and dispelled. If I don't attack B2 then B2 keeps getting another turn to AoE dispel. JE revives whatever droid I managed to kill by that time I have lost 4/5 of my team. I'm running max gear and 5 dot mods on any combination of the following: QGJ, Phasma, RG, STH, Rey, Leia, or Old Daka. My STH (23k hp, 33k protection) and RG (32k hp, 53k protection) are getting melted and of course STH doesn't get a chance to taunt.

What am I supposed to do? I've spent more money on this game than most people I'm sure, but I'm not in a position to spend more right now.

Speed mods with 30 speed need to be tossed, JEs and B2 need their abilities looked at. HKs leader skill is far above any leader ability that I can see.

Replies

• Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Funny you should say that, just got knocked back minutes ago by yet another brand new doucher using a droid team. And thanks for the laugh, "droid team balance." I know it's out if context but it still made me lol.
  • Options
    And to be clear I don't think Rey is balanced either, I think she is overpowered and should also be adjusted. I have her maxed and use her simply to be viable.
  • Revenant
    255 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I didn't say anything about nerfing damage, read the post.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Double tanks (RG + ST Han) works well against them. Sure, you will loose one or maybe both, but as long as they keep your attackers safe for long enough.
    Stuns also work well, f.ex. using both RG Daka. Please mind that having double stuns doesn't do much on defense.
    However, if you put both two tanks and Daka in your team, you will loose too much damage (since you don't have Rey). QGJ and GS do much lower damage on their basics than Rey (when your attackers get ability blocked).
  • Options
    I think this is a matter of perspective. I run a successful droid team of HK, GG, 100, B2 & JE - Gear IX/X, 7* (except B2 at 6*), max Omega'd. I can take the number one spot if any of the bland meta teams are holding it. It's rock, paper, scissors. My rock beats their scissors. However, there are teams that are clearly paper to my rock: Wedge/Biggs combo (aka 'Danger Zone'), IGD leads, B2/Sun Fac combos, clone/ewok teams.

To be more specific to your own plight, landing an early stun+slow on B2 will buy you time to remove JE who for some strange reason people are now speed modding rather than health modding. Once he's out of the picture, a fairly tanky squad can weather the rest of the storm while you grind down B2. Then drop the IGs. A dispeller like Ewok Elder, Rex or Akbar will prevent too many red dots plaguing you.

Just because you don't currently possess the tools to beat them, it doesn't make them unbalanced. If they were, then they sit at number one on shards across the planet. They don't. I have the IG brothers maxed out too and after much trial and error believe I have possibly the strongest droid team you could make... and every top 10 fight is hard.

Good luck. I hope you find the answer to the problem on your own, by your own merit, and don't get it given to you by dev adjustments...
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Droids are not op.
  • Krillion
    68 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Im running almost gear maxed 7 star HK L, 88 ,86 ,JE and Nebit and have took 1st two nights in a row. I beat out another droid team that uses b2 instead Nebit as well in the top 5 fight. I was top 20's with RG as my tank but Nebit gives my droids an extra boost with that -1 cooldown which can seriously damage even the heaviest tanks. With mk5 crit dam mod and speed boosts its a shooting gallery to be sure. But i still lose like 20 spots over night so some of the meta teams are able to beat me. I try to have JE go then if my speed boosted HK gets to throw a bomb first its game over when IG88 gets to go with the entire team dotted.
  • Options
    More Noob Crying topic! Stop asking nerfs and learn to play!
  • Options
    Whales will come to the rescue withe rex and sunfac.
  • Options
    If u ask me this game needs more droids such as droidikas, crab droids, and dwarf spider droids
  • Options
    Your solution is found in my thread. Please reply to it so that it might encourage EA to address yet another broken character. I know it is a good bit to read but I do believe it is a very informative and quality read.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/62655/speed-broke-the-game-but-theres-a-solution-but
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Wow yes droids are pretty good but I run same team you listed and there far from OP yes I take number 1 rank most days of the week but drop too around 15 and that's just because I'm active . Every battle against Old Ben lead Ayla Annakin fives sth is pretty much a loss. And Rex lead clones eat droids for breakfast . Farm the counters quit asking for nerfs . I'm far from a whale and have many comps besides my droids it's a Rock Paper Scissors game if all you play with is paper your going get cut for for sure at times .
  • Options
    I don't want to troll the OP but teams can't really be overpowered, can they? FYI, I don't have a droid squad and avoid them when possible. Basically, droids are one of the best teams available in the game right now but it seems like calling them overpowered is an odd choice of words since it implies that there is some sort of requirement to have any combination of 5 toons be equal in combat ability. Maybe a different way to say it is that the power rating of droid squad is way off from what their actual combat ability is. Any droid squad is usually the equal of any other combination of toons several thousand points of ranking above them.
  • Options
    Droids are the only ones who can beat all your creepy meta **** dodge rey stuff.. I hate em so much .. Thats why im using droids.. Its totaly ok for me to loose against rex,clones,rebels, empire and ugnaugh. But old ben,sth,rey,rg have 0 chance haha i even ignore each other team in arena.. Droids stick together
  • Options
    Swap out STH and RG for two dps toons. B2 was created to neuter the double tanks. I don't recommend using Leia either cause the droids aoe and B2's dispel neuter her stealth
  • Options
    Droid teams are OP. I run against the following comp - JE,88,86,47 and magmaguard. For some reason they focus 1 dps every time and kill it before any tank can activate. I dont mind their ridiculous damage(nerfhammer needed fast) but i think they boosted their AI to focus on one dps character.
  • Options
    There's only 2 top ten(ish) max droid players on my server.

The entire rest os Team Instinct type guys with 250 speed Old Bens and 250 speed Danger Zone rebel comps.

They destroy droid teams. Droid teams are still, a niche but viable option.
  • Options
    I run droids. They work really well against exactly the team you run. They work horribly against lots of other teams. If you want to beat the droids, i suggest running teams that beat droids will work better and quicker than asking for nerfs.
  • Options
    Honestly I feel like I've exhausted all of my options. I've cycled through my team combinations and I'm just not meeting much (or any) success. I don't want to see nerfs. I want to see balance. I like niche combinations and abilities, I just don't like it when those catapult you to the moon.