Raid rewards

Force174
55 posts Member
edited August 2016
is it possible for our accounts to get wiped due to server error?
Post edited by Force174 on

Replies

• Options
    I can't believe this happened - it's absolutely inexcusable, considering how much time and sometimes money you have to invest to be good at this game. EA has only just begun to make things right, they have a long way yet to go.
  • Options
    Wow. When something like this happens they should just give a quick fix that over compensates you. Seeing the age of your shard they should have just given you every toon level 80 gear 8. Sure your arena team would be a step back but it would be worth all of the toons you would get. Should've been a 10 minute fix.
  • Options
    Absolutely awful on EA's behalf. They completely blew you off and didn't compensate you nearly enough. They are absolutely lying when they say they can't give you anymore
  • Options
    It's a disgrace. Was talking about what happened to this poor guy in our guild chat as I bumped into the thread on Reddit. EA/CG should go completely out of their way to fully compensate and possibly even over-compensate due to everything that has happened, and saying that they can't is a complete lie - they're just not bothered.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    I guess I'm not surprised but they don't have any kind of backups of their servers? Even a once a week backup of all user data would have been better than their compensation.
  • Options
    I can say they definite don't have any backup. I moved from iOS to Android and tried to log in to my account but it wasn't possible. Emailed support and they said "sorry we don't have that functionality, but here's 10,000 credits for the inconvenience". 10k CREDITS? That's your compensation for not allowing someone to move their whole account over to another OS. They sorely miss the time and energy spent by players of this game and it's a joke.
  • Options
    This was my Guild leader's account. I feel this was just horrible customer service. This comes from a guy whom leads a team of customer service representatives for a pretty big company. If this happen to me I am not sure I would play this game again. But my guild leader has resumed his role as best he can with this new "compensated account ". I feel really bad because all he was doing was trying to help the guild get there rewards for a raid that most certainly did complete. We have never not completed at T7 raid. Usually in a couple hours we kill it. I cannot believe that nothing can be done on this as indicated.
  • Options
    The key here is that EA/CG needs to realize the momentous amount of time/money involved with this game over 10 months. This is a guild leader of a top 50 guild being absolutely screwed. This is someone who spent money playing this game. This is a leader who has directly influenced the enjoyment of this game for 49 other guildies. This guild is what kept me playing and if Narfink goes, the whole guild will lose faith in EA's ability to handle server issues. If it happens to a guild leader who manages a guild, spends money and has been playing for 9 months, it could happen to ANY OF US and we would be absolutely ****.

Customer service needs to WAKE UP and realize this MUST BE ESCALATED TO THE NEXT LEVEL. Customer Service Supervisor, Manager, Director, and up and up. This is not sour grapes for one random customer not getting what he deserves. This is a dedicated power user and motivator and paying customer. They need to realize what is lost:
    1. Raid level gear on tons of characters - it's not like characters have custom gear. This is not difficult.
    2. mods - the latest hotness and absolute destroyer of credits
    3. credits to level the mods
    4. shards for unpromoted characters

The end result appears to be customer service offering a pittance and an explanation and hoping it sweeps under the rug. They look up Narfink and think this isn't a whale in $$$ and don't bother to put in any extra time.

Narfink is a whale in time and energy and community.

BOTTOM LINE: YOU WILL LOSE MONEY/FAITH/CUSTOMERS IF THIS IS NOT BROUGHT PROPER ATTENTION.

This needs to be looked at and compensated on a new level.

ESCALATE THIS TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.
  • Options
    + 1
    Well said.
  • Options
    Something really needs to be done about this. It's inexcusable, and one of the worst customer service stories I've ever heard. No customer who put in that much time (and probably money) should be treated that way.

The most absurd part of this whole thing is that his old account is clearly not "deleted." You can still see it in -game, view his roster, see his character skills and levels. I know because I'm still allied with it and was able to do so. Maybe front line customer service can't do anything about it, but someone can. Do the right thing EA/CG.

Narfink, I commend your patience and fortitude. It's incredible.
  • Options
    Not trying to bash, but it's a travesty