SWGoH Back to 5 Stars!

Nodisintegtations
226 posts Member
edited August 2016
Thank-you dev team for listening to the community since the introduction of mods. Everyone makes mistakes, less we are perfect, but its in the rectifying of them that you have my vote back to a five star game.

It was because you did what had to be done with mods and brought them in line with game play, in turn, nerfing them, that I, along with many others, kept playing through that dark time of this game. Second issue was the problem with the increased strain mods put on Cantina energy, and now that issue has been addressed and fixed in my books.

Character fixes and rebalancing have been made and are continually being made, thanks again for listening to the community. Now how 'bout some love for Boba and Maul? But sometimes its not about making a character directly better but introducing new characters and ability tweeks that make their synergy worth the effort. So there always is that instance where perhaps we are simply missing a potential powerful combination - these possibilities cant be ruled out as I have noticed a general lack of creatively in squad team assembly. If only meta characters rule the arena then there is no point for my time here. Good synergy should make a none meta toon viable in competive arena play, and thats what I've discovered can happen.

Now with the new Palpatine content, and the new raid content coming out, and these fixes to the game mechanics, I say, job well done and thanks!

Lastly, I'm not calling the credit crunch issue a game mechanics proplem anymore, it's a necessary short in supply, it just went from what we had in abundance to what was suddenly in drastic shortage. But I do look forward to more ways we can earn gold... I mean credits, in the future.

Replies

• Options
    Here, here.
  • Options
    When the raid comes out. Droids will be more awesome than they are right now .. Thinking of hk,88,86, je and r2... Omg that will be so awesome
  • Options
    This update was very positive IMO. After the silence that followed the whole Mod debacle and the general negative feedback from the forums these changes are a breath of fresh air.

Well said Nodisintegtations, and I'm looking forward to when they fix the other issues with the game as well. This is my favorite mobile title, and I'm optimistic that the developers will eventually iron out all of the kinks.
  • Options
    Wedge and Biggs opened the door for Maul and Savage synergy, Dooo eeeeet!
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Definitely a door open for Maul and Savage... Maul isnt so bad in action, i faced one in the higher ups and was mildly impressed. I would say small tweek and or better sith snergy. Kylo, now here's a toon we will be seeing a lot of in the new movies, and as been stated before, could use some love, and of couse, give us a Boba that fires his gun! Or does something cooler then a few late match encores!

Mod debacle @Super_Dealer - thats the word I was looking for lol

This game just has so much room to grow and develop, its good to see it back on track.

Eddit: the only time he used his wrist blaster was as a backup weapon when his blaster got cut in half. Emergency weapon, not main attack. And his Death From Ubove should be from his rocket strapped to his back, Fett should have three attacks, one from blaster, one from wrist, and one from rocket!!! Not mention Boba could kill or disable in 10 different ways. As more and more content gets added this character becomes a must for back tracking rework.
  • Options
    I like the Emperor event althoug I am missing few rebels.

It's exciting to see a super awesome toon.
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Great update! Very pleased!
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad I stayed past the introduction of Mods. They are finally making the right moves in addressing some issues in the game. Hopefully they can address the lower level / PvP squad power in GW issue. It is WAI for the few who have a large roster and raid gear to back them up... I just feel sorry for those who have to go against my team @ 40k power when their overall team is @ less than 33k power.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    I'm loving the updates at the moment:

Empire event to get Palpatine. Tick.
    New raid coming. Tick.
    GW suitably challenging and requiring a deep bench and strategy. Tick.
    Mace update. Tick.

My guild has just made it to Heroics, which is awesome too.

Happy days from me
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yeah, shouts from me as well. I was farming some rebel toons in the past, heard the announcements for rebel event and farmed them even more. Even though I won't get Emperor to 7* during this event, just 6* in the best case and 5* in any case I'm happy to get him soon.
    Was farming an empire squad currently anyway for potency challenge where Emperor just comes handy.
    Plus just when I bought a daily crystal boost for speeding up the farming of my 5th rebel toon they make cantina-refills cheaper the next day.
    Chapeau :3
  • Options
    I went and revised my 1 Star rating to 5 in the Play Store. This update was the best one in recent times. Good going!
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Always been 5 stars from me!

Love the latest update!

Looking forward to future patches.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I went and revised my 1 Star rating to 5 in the Play Store. This update was the best one in recent times. Good going!

I'm not getting too hasty. This update was, indeed, great. There are still many problems which do persist. The raid rewards system, and now with mods, the highest level raids can be over in minutes, the guild issues with coins, tracking, etc. There are still a great many bugs - some of which have persisted for months (Teebo stealth, as just one example)

As I said, this is a HUGE step in the right direction - but I don't know that I'd jump to 5 stars just yet.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I, for one, still hate the mod issue. Lets get a chance of a chance of a chance to get a +30 speed arrow. If you dont then poo on you.

It's almost impossible to go against a whale who has a +30 speed arrow on every single toon. Meanwhile, ive dumped at least two weeks full of crystal refreshes and have gotten maybe 2 arrow mods in total, neither of them having speed.

Yay mods... *sarcasm*
  • Options
    Until GW takes less than a good 45-60 minutes my rating will stay at 1*

It is a mobile game and they need to realize that.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'm not getting too hasty. This update was, indeed, great. There are still many problems which do persist. The raid rewards system, and now with mods, the highest level raids can be over in minutes, the guild issues with coins, tracking, etc. There are still a great many bugs - some of which have persisted for months (Teebo stealth, as just one example)

As I said, this is a HUGE step in the right direction - but I don't know that I'd jump to 5 stars just yet.

Yeah, totally agree. Thing is, I was just about ready to give up on the game when the mod fiasco hit. When this update hit and they lowered Cantina costs, gave out extra Cantina energy and threw in a Credit Heist along with the Emperor event, softening the blow to credits for the event ... I'm drowning in happiness here, lol! What a change in direction! Hope this continues... Also, I have the Emperor, that helps too with the feeling good mood B)
  • AndyLonsdale
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Gankak wrote: »

then play that 45 - 60 minutes throughout the day; do a node on the loo in a work break, do a couple over lunch, do some having a bath at night. It doesn't need to be done all in one go, relax, ad the fun can come back in it

it's the one thing i dont get, that it takes too long to do, you have ALL day to do it in.
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    4.75 but rounded up it would be 5...
  • Options
    Gankak wrote: »

Disagree, and its more like 20 min, i'll time it next time. GW is exciting anyway, raids i get more bored with.
  • Nodisintegtations
    226 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I, for one, still hate the mod issue. Lets get a chance of a chance of a chance to get a +30 speed arrow. If you dont then poo on you.

It's almost impossible to go against a whale who has a +30 speed arrow on every single toon. Meanwhile, ive dumped at least two weeks full of crystal refreshes and have gotten maybe 2 arrow mods in total, neither of them having speed.

Yay mods... *sarcasm*

Bad rng. And the whales that spent 1k for ranks 1-3 anyway? I'll take a humble rank of 4-10

I'm a dolphine and I've gotten 1 speed mod 4 - health, 1 speed mod 3 - crit dmg, and 3 speed mod 1 - crit dmg. And I'm done farming mods for now.

Thats for all the imput peeps!