Does the Emperor make a stun lock team possible.

I have't dug into this too deeply, but with the Emperors ability to possibly stun lock an entire team en masse, is it possible that you could now have a stun lock team?

Emperor
Asajj
Royal Guard
Coruscant Underworld Police
Old Daka

That's 3 basic stuns, 2 special stuns w/1 being mass application, heals, rez, dispel, and a tank.

Modded appropriately with Speed and Potency not worrying about crit or crit chance you have a team that could slowly eat just about any team with out them getting many attacks in and you have the RG for the few that do get through. At the very least this would be one of if not the most annoying team to fight in GW or Arena.

Replies

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    This team is too slow to have any chance in the Arena. Even with the mods.
  • Options
    In general you would be correct. But Palp is not slow and the first vids of him in action show he can pretty consistently stun 2-3 ops from the outset. If your team isn't moving then slow is relative. The stuns break synergies, drop defenses, and with the off up and def down that are being applied the hits from the more relatively weak hitters will actually have some meaning. All the team needs is a chance to start... Palp and RG assure that. Also, the op team would not get the TM effects from their attacks due to the constant stuns.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    In general you would be correct. But Palp is not slow and the first vids of him in action show he can pretty consistently stun 2-3 ops from the outset. If your team isn't moving then slow is relative. The stuns break synergies, drop defenses, and with the off up and def down that are being applied the hits from the more relatively weak hitters will actually have some meaning. All the team needs is a chance to start... Palp and RG assure that. Also, the op team would not get the TM effects from their attacks due to the constant stuns.

122 speed is not slow? He won't start before Rey or Leia... and both would whip his **** fairly easy. Speedy characters will wreck Empire.
  • Options
    I love the idea of that team but yes deff to slow. There are handfuls of team where everyone would go Twice before some of your toon went once. I think Emporer will bring a lot of new awesome team combos but I don't think this is one
  • Options
    How about not putting in cup.... Seriously he is terrible.... Put in dooku who has a stun and will receive sith synergy with palp.... And he is fast....
  • Options
    Doku would be a good sub but you loose that basic stun which is the meta for the team. As to being slow, Emp apparently gets a lot of speed as you gear him. Every vid I've seen it shows the Palp going first except when against Han. That initial 2 turn stun of 2 to 3 or more toons is what tips the starting balance and Leia and Rey have crap for base tenacity unless you mod for it and the current metas are not running tenacity leads (this might change soon). Palp and Asajj are your closers, the rest are there just to keep the stuns going.
  • Options
    I've been running a stun lock team for a while now, Palpy doesn't change anything, since his stun has too long of a recharge.
    I run Phasma lead, HRS, Dengar, Daka, RG/Aayla. Aayla in GW and RG in arena. I often go many battles without an enemy team taking even one turn in GW; and in arena they usually get 3 turns, tops.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    You can't stack stuns. I imagine you would have too much stun on this team and not enough dps.

So sub out one of those toons for rey?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Doku would be a good sub but you loose that basic stun which is the meta for the team. As to being slow, Emp apparently gets a lot of speed as you gear him. Every vid I've seen it shows the Palp going first except when against Han. That initial 2 turn stun of 2 to 3 or more toons is what tips the starting balance and Leia and Rey have **** for base tenacity unless you mod for it and the current metas are not running tenacity leads (this might change soon). Palp and Asajj are your closers, the rest are there just to keep the stuns going.

You understand that the vids you're watching are with +80 speed worth of mods on the Emperor? He has 122 speed when maxed, which is fairly slow.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    You can't stack stuns. I imagine you would have too much stun on this team and not enough dps.

This is indeed the problem. Especially horrible on defense when the ai wastes stun chances left and right
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Palpatine, RG, Daka, Vader, Dooku/Anakin
    Personally I prefer Anakin over Dooku
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Nice idea.. Hut i would do it in another way.. Phasma lead for mulit basic stun attacks.. Daka. Rg.palp. And then maybe reyor maxed fotp..u need a dangerous toon to finish the enemy.. A stunned enemy with speed down takes soo long u wont believe it phasma also gives tm.. When u bring phasma up to 200 speed u will stun so fast u wont believe me. Ai uses speed down first.. Maybe your toons go first then.. But im not sure what u do with 1 dmg toon, when the enemy has rg.. Could take a long while
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

A good point about lacking DPS, but I'd recommend subbing Aayla in for Rey. Stack crit chance mods on her to increase her chance of stun. Rey is too low health for that team. She sticks out like a sore thumb
  • Options
    CUP!?! Noooooooooooooooooooooo (Vader screaming)

But seriously, it's an interesting idea. I would make some changes:

Phasma (L)
    Palpatine
    Aayla
    Old Daka
    RG

Phasma applies Slow down, which is very useful since your team will be slow. AND she have TM boost AND 20% chance to assist. This skill set works well with basic attacks of Aayla, Old Daka and RG. Ah, and do not forget that Aayla can call assistance in basic attack!

This team have a problem: Don't have a super DPS hero like Rey, Leia etc, Aayla will have to make this job, but if the intention is stun like hell, I think this is the best setup. This team should probably win a GW VERY easy with the right mods!
  • Options
    TMK wrote: »

show me your proof, if you can't then it is possible even with mods.
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Screenshot_20160819_125110.png
    I have completely stun locked. Check this team:
    Emperor Palpatine (leader), Darth Vader (DPS), Royal Guard, Old Daka, and Count Dooku.

I nearly did an entire galactic war with this team and my old daka and emperor Palpatine have terrible gear/level.
  • Options

The proof is in the pudding. My team for example I run Anakin,Rex,QGJ,RG,Aayla. Anakin Rex and QGJ all have over 200 speed and there set to go Anakin AOE,QGJ assist, Rex Clense and hopefully clear anakins expose
    From extra Almost my whole team can go again with tenacity up and offense up. One to 2 of your people are dead. It's at least 4v5 before your team can go. This scenario happens agains teams that are faster than the stun lock. Mods will help but not enough. There are other team like mine that can go first Droids with JE , Teams with a fast SThan. I'm not saying variations of the team might now work it's just slow and going to be hard to hold its own in top arena.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

The proof is in the pudding. My team for example I run Anakin,Rex,QGJ,RG,Aayla. Anakin Rex and QGJ all have over 200 speed and there set to go Anakin AOE,QGJ assist, Rex Clense and hopefully clear anakins expose
    From extra Almost my whole team can go again with tenacity up and offense up. One to 2 of your people are dead. It's at least 4v5 before your team can go. This scenario happens agains teams that are faster than the stun lock. Mods will help but not enough. There are other team like mine that can go first Droids with JE , Teams with a fast SThan. I'm not saying variations of the team might now work it's just slow and going to be hard to hold its own in top arena.

Those are words and claims, not proof.

For instance yesterday while hunting I shot a unicorn, it was the most tender tasty meat I have ever had.

I also doubt that your entire team will beat my daka with asajj lead fully modded for speed and potency, well over 200 and potency in the 80's, what do you do ht shot now that I just stunned 2/5 of your team?

It's totally possible to run a stun team, you forget that other people have access to the same mods you do, your not special or different. I also doubt your gonna get through my protection in 1 round all my guys have over 25k prot some nearing 40k. I hate these arguments from people who claim something isn't possible because they have a team that has x gear with x mods with x toons. Look at it as if everything is equal mods, gear, on different toons if you do you won't be so ignorant.

Also proof usually (never) doesn't have words like if i'm lucky, and hopefully. The guy who posted just above you has what someone would like to call proof.