Dooku counter and stun results

I have noticed that Dooku only counters the original attacker vs all attackers when assists are called which is okay for a change but the counter is that when someone who wasn't originally attacked resists a Dooku stun attempt they can gain offense up. I don't know if this an official bug from the software POV but it is problematic from a gameplay standpoint. First off it is an unbalanced approach to how positives and negatives are applied, and more importantly it adds an element to gameplay that is not correct. Basically it allows a Dooku led squad to have offense up granted to a toon that was never targeted. So for the purposes of balance, Dooku should either be allowed to counter all toons that attack him or offense up should not be granted to those that resist the secondary effect of his stun. Thanks for your consideration.

Replies

• Options
    I have noticed that Dooku only counters the original attacker vs all attackers when assists are called which is okay for a change but the counter is that when someone who wasn't originally attacked resists a Dooku stun attempt they can gain offense up. I don't know if this an official bug from the software POV but it is problematic from a gameplay standpoint. First off it is an unbalanced approach to how positives and negatives are applied, and more importantly it adds an element to gameplay that is not correct. Basically it allows a Dooku led squad to have offense up granted to a toon that was never targeted. So for the purposes of balance, Dooku should either be allowed to counter all toons that attack him or offense up should not be granted to those that resist the secondary effect of his stun. Thanks for your consideration.

WUT?

Really, i don't think anyone besides yourself understand what you're talking about and i also think you just don't know how CD's abilities work.
    when someone who wasn't originally attacked resists a Dooku stun attempt they can gain offense up.

How that? The whole sentence makes zero sense at all. So i assume you talk about CD's secondary attack (which can apply stun to another second toon). Bu why should they get offense up when they resist? Which skill does provide this feature?
    Basically it allows a Dooku led squad to have offense up granted to a toon that was never targeted

Impossible. Offense up by doku lead is only applied if they evade. And they can only evade an attack if they were targeted by an attack previously. You're mixing things utterly up. Are actually speaking of issues your encountering for real or are these hypothetical thoughts?

The description about doku's lead skill states:
    Flawless Riposte
    Count Dooku has 100% Counter Chance. In addition, he deals 15% more damage and has a 25% chance to gain 45% Turn Meter whenever he attacks outside of his turn.

• RotorGeorge
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    While I appreciate you taking the time to reply, being civil is free, you should try it sometime. Earlier in the history of the game Dooku used to counter every individual that attacked him during assisted attacks (like QGJ's Harmonious Assault), that is no longer the case, now he only counters the original attacker. However, when his stun chance is resisted by a secondary toon, one that was not the original target, they can gain bonus effects such as offense up on a Dooku led team. So my statement to the game makers is that I perceive this to be an unbalanced approach. Feel free to disagree, but again, you should try being civil about it. Also, there is nothing factually incorrect about my post, maybe you have not observed the effect.
  • Options
    Sry for being "impolite" again, but this is nonsense. Also there is no effect to be "observed" or not, because this is just the way this is implemented.

Anyway, your still mixing up everything. I don't see what counter in general (as this doesn't only affect count doku but every char capable of countering) has to do with CD's second attack.

If you attack and this attack can hit multiple targets, either because of being AoE or because they have a chance of doing so (as for instance with CD's secondary), then, of course, each opponent hit by this attack has its very own chances to evade and resist (and so on). And if doing so they also have, of course, their very own chances to trigger any downstream effects (like getting offense up by a doku lead on evade). And that is complete independent of the fact whether the initial attacker is one capable of countering or not.

What you are saying is that it's unfair that (secondary) targets on CD's (secondary) attack evade and trigger effects because CD doesn't counter all attacks individually anymore? Sry, but your logic is so weird and distorted that hard to hold on here.

What is about, lets say kylo ren, which does AoE and can counter. Should his AoE not trigger any effects, not evaded, because he does'nt counter on an individual basis anymore?
  • Options
    I believe that it is potentially a bug because when you use an attack that causes damage plus a chance for a secondary effect like stun, the chance to avoid the secondary is usually resisted not evaded. When the force lightning attack "jumps" to a random target I think it should not trigger effects caused by evading, it should only trigger effects caused by resisting. If the programmers disagree with this then that is fine, their call. As far as the "fairness" issue goes, yes I do think it is a bad game mechanic that can give bonus effects to characters that you aren't targeting. The key element there is player choice, when you use an AoE attack you are choosing to target everyone. Again, feel free to disagree, but I'd like to point out, this is Bugs and Issues, not General Discussion, I don't want or need your feedback if it is just to be disagreeable and insulting.
  • Options
    I believe that it is potentially a bug because when you use an attack that causes damage plus a chance for a secondary effect like stun, the chance to avoid the secondary is usually resisted not evaded.

First off, these are two different game mechanics. A special effect can be evaded, it's called 'deflected' and is in essence the same as evasion and not based on the tenacity stat but on .
    When the force lightning attack "jumps" to a random target I think it should not trigger effects caused by evading, it should only trigger effects caused by resisting.

If it gets deflected it should, of course, because that's whats happening. If it also triggers on resisted, I agree, it shouldn't. But I've never seen this happen. You're sure about "resisted" was shown?
    As far as the "fairness" issue goes, yes I do think it is a bad game mechanic that can give bonus effects to characters that you aren't targeting. The key element there is player choice, when you use an AoE attack you are choosing to target everyone.

Nope, you are seeing this from the wrong side. This is a feature of the opponent leader skill and hos nothing to do with the attacking side. Assume there is a new leader skill which grants e.g. defense up for everyone who was not attacked: Would you then say it's bad game mechanic because all non AoE attacker are at an disadvantage? If a leader skill says so (in the case of offense up on evade) then it applies on every char, regardless if they were targeted by intention or randomly chosen by attack special effect.
    Again, feel free to disagree, but I'd like to point out, this is Bugs and Issues, not General Discussion, I don't want or need your feedback if it is just to be disagreeable and insulting.

And I'm pointing out that this is not a BUG, in the way you argue (from your generalized point of view), and therefore something related precisely for the general discussion. That you don't want my feedback if it's in conflict with yours is your problem and just shows your lack of critique ability and openness. This forum is for everyone. And last but not least, with no single word I've insulted you. If you can't handle somewhat harsh critique than I say grow up.

Anyhow, I will see if i can get this effect reproduced and report back here.