New Arena rule?

So I was in 1st with 5 minutes to go and attacked 5th place and just let the time run down.

When it was over I got 5th place rewards. Is this a new thing?

I usually lock up and fight it out,wait until the last 20 seconds to win. But today I was playing Lego Marvel Superheroes with my kid so was just trying to hold it down.

Replies

• Options
    From what I've been able to tell, when you attack a lower ranked spot you lock out everyone except the player you're attacking. They can actually attack you while you're still in the middle of the battle and take your spot from you. It's been like that for a very long time, but it's not something that happens very often.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Options
    Is Lego Marvel Superheroes funny?
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    From what I've been able to tell, when you attack a lower ranked spot you lock out everyone except the player you're attacking. They can actually attack you while you're still in the middle of the battle and take your spot from you. It's been like that for a very long time, but it's not something that happens very often.

I have tried to attack the person that was in battle with me and could not.
  • Options
    I think if you are ranked first then you should not be able to attack anyone as no one is higher than you.
  • Options
    you can be fought while fighting someone else, it has happened to me multiple times
  • Options
    That must be what happened then

Thanks fellas. I thought I was going nuts or something.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Must be a fluke thing cause I have never seen it happen
  • Options
    not sure, i think if you are in the middle of an arena combat, no one can attack you. At least this works for me till yesterday. I will post my experiment if i find something.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    You can't attack #5 if you're #1
  • Z_Cavaricci
    660 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well I don't know what happened:

There was 4 minutes left
    I was in first.
    I tried to attack number 2 but he was already in a battle.
    I attacked the one next to him. I guess he wasn't # 5.
    I let the 5 minutes run.
    When I got out I was in 5th place.

If someone had knocked me out of first before the attack it should have said my ranking changed and made me refresh right?

Maybe I just need sleep.
  • Options
    johnne wrote: »
    Is Lego Marvel Superheroes funny?

Lot of fun when playing with my 5 year-old. Watching him figure out some of the puzzles and have a good time.
  • Options
    I think it's in those brief moments you still have squad selection up
  • Options
    Sniping 1 from 5 at payout is just shameful. People need to have some decency.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

There was 4 minutes left
    I was in first.
    I let the 5 minutes run.

If someone had knocked me out of first before the attack it should have said my ranking changed and made me refresh right?

Maybe I just need sleep.

Can I ask... do u automatically attack the 2 slot to lock out?

I have one competitor in my timezone. If i let him, he takes top spot then immediately locks out against two. Who is 99% of the time a player in an earlier timezone. This locks me out of the top TWO spots. I tried getting there earlier than him, taking the two spot... but he knocked me to 4, does immediate refresh to take 1, and another refresh to immmediately lock the two spot, again? Is this a strategic move of some sort? I don't understand why he didn't just take 1 spot from 4 with 7 minutes oeft and leave the sole competitor alone. Or move up to 3 to attack 1.

So I got to pay attention and "snipe" the two spot, even though there are only two of us...
  • Options
    Wait what? I always get the "Your opponent is currently engaged in a battle" and "Someone is currently fighting you" message.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I try to pay attention when I take first to see who has been active while moving up. If someone active is not in second or third I will lock with third and let it time out and they can snipe second. If they are active and in second or third while Im sitting at first then they get what they get. I've been locked out and knocked out before, I don't get frustrated as that is competition. Take any advantage you can, if you have a chance to let someone move up without risking your own standing then do so and you will have done your good deed for the day. B)
  • Options
    Arena is fun but it's really ridiculous at payout time. Especially, if the top peeps are a guild and they snipe the first 5 spots. It retarted imho.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm surprised you can get those guilds together. That has to lead to a lot of infighting.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

There was 4 minutes left
    I was in first.
    I let the 5 minutes run.

Maybe I just need sleep.

Can I ask... do u automatically attack the 2 slot to lock out?

I have one competitor in my timezone. If i let him, he takes top spot then immediately locks out against two. Who is 99% of the time a player in an earlier timezone. This locks me out of the top TWO spots. I tried getting there earlier than him, taking the two spot... but he knocked me to 4, does immediate refresh to take 1, and another refresh to immmediately lock the two spot, again? Is this a strategic move of some sort? I don't understand why he didn't just take 1 spot from 4 with 7 minutes oeft and leave the sole competitor alone. Or move up to 3 to attack 1.

So I got to pay attention and "snipe" the two spot, even though there are only two of us...

No I don't normally attack the 2 spot. I am usually the one sniping. Matter of fact I'm fine taking the 2 spot and letting someone else have one if they don't mess with me. Then I don't have to refresh so it's the same anyway.

There are 2 others on my payout currently and one is like me. Let's take 1, 2, 3 and then fight for 1. Unfortunately the other is a punk and will sit at 6 and try or snipe us out of top 5. A few nights ago he got the other guy into a **** match over 8th place. I don't know how many battles they did in that last 30 minutes but they ended 8th and 12th with the punk taking 12th. One of the easiest 1st places I ever had. I can't even count the times I've knocked him out of the top 5 with less than 2 minutes to go because he snipes to early.

See I don't do that. I would have jumped 12 to 9 and gone around him and both of us would have finished top 5. It's a mature shard so preventing me from getting an extra 100-200 crystals once in awhile isn't going to hurt me. Besides some mods I haven't upgraded or changed anything on my arena squad in weeks.

He definitely hurts himself more than me and the other guy.