My estimation: Emperor Palpatine, vador and RG will be the new META soon

I just unlocked 7* palpatine this morning and in the middle of gearing him (stucked at g7 ATM), but from the arena test video posted by Josh_K), I saw a G9 palpatine leading vadar can OHKO a most full HP Anakin by 49k damage on culling blade, very very impressive!

Palpatine can stun, debuff, and do additional de-invasion, de-potency to Jedi/rebels, and Vadar becomes a true beast with his lead. I'd imagine the Tarkin will be very viable in this team as well. Furthermore Plapatine has high initial potency so you don't need to mod him with too much potency mods, the only thing you need to do is speed Palpatine up to around 200 (just adding a extra 80 speed, not that hard right?), paired with high damage dealer AOE toons like 88 or lando, Current glass cannon like Rey/Leia will become a paper in the storm in no seconds.

I gonna say the new META era will come, the current Old Ben lead team and REY/QGJ/RG, RIP! (I'm running F2P META phasma/QGJ/Rey/GS/RG as well, 40K+ power, rank-1 at payout). And of course, whiners will come to the forum asking nerf him soon after...

BTW, Palpatine will consume heaps of MK3 thermal detonator, which is the headache I have so far:) But good news is he doesn't need any cuffs or syringes or stun guns...

Replies

• Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The drawback of palpatine teams are that they are very slow. A wiggs team can 1 shot palpatine before RG can taunt. Wiggs has the natural speed advantage. Any successful counters to Palpatine-Vader set ups will leverage on taking out Palpatine asap. Tenacity up builds like yoda and rex in the current state will work poorly on defense (Update rex AI already!!). Once palpatine stuns your team, the odds of winning drop dramatically.

The bottom line here is that speed is still king, any set up that can leverage mechanics to move ahead of, or lock down the opposing team from the start will win most of the time. This is even more so with the advent of mods.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    The drawback of palpatine teams are that they are very slow. A wiggs team can 1 shot palpatine before RG can taunt. Wiggs has the natural speed advantage. Any successful counters to Palpatine-Vader set ups will leverage on taking out Palpatine asap.

The bottom line here is that speed is still king, any set up that can leverage mechanics to move ahead of, or lock down the opposing team from the start will win most of the time.

Agreed, I'm working on the most +speed mods ATM, but the maxed out set is only 60-ish.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Instead of that +80 speed use a speedy sth, Rex or phasma to give him and Vader tm
  • Options
    Old Ben and Dooku left my leaderboard as soon as Anakin was re-worked. So, Old Ben teams have already been dead a long time. Surprised it isn't the same on most leaderboards. There's a couple of Phasma and a good droid team but I can beat him too....but he just as easily beats me. Thankfully the droid team has a payout one hour after me.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Instead of that +80 speed use a speedy sth, Rex or phasma to give him and Vader tm

Poe will also work
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Old Ben and Dooku left my leaderboard as soon as Anakin was re-worked. So, Old Ben teams have already been dead a long time. Surprised it isn't the same on most leaderboards. There's a couple of Phasma and a good droid team but I can beat him too....but he just as easily beats me. Thankfully the droid team has a payout one hour after me.

I'm on a January shard, still plenty of old Ben, phasma and droid teams out there, seems no too much whales on my shard which is lucky for me:)
  • Options
    Speedy Poe is incredibly underrated. Helps to give your entire team that initial edge and unlike phasma, he actually uses his best ability first on AI
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Speedy Poe is incredibly underrated. Helps to give your entire team that initial edge and unlike phasma, he actually uses his best ability first on AI

This is absolutely correct. Speedy Han/Poe can be used by most set ups to gain advantage over almost any team. This is the real winning meta.
  • Options
    so Palpatine(L)/RG/Vadar/high_speed_Poe/another great AOEr will do the job on defensive, my guild mate says the same thing!

My only concern is there might be too much whiners come to the forum asking nerf him and CG followed, like what they did to Yoda.
  • Options
    I run

Emperor
    Vader
    ST Han
    Anakin
    Han Solo

Han stun someone, fast ST Han taunt, Anakin debuff, Vader force choke, culling blade, Emperor stuns and its rolling

Working great so far, was using RG, but put in Han to stun JE's, Reys, etc...
  • Options
    working on Poe for my Wedge, Lando, Anakin, Biggs team now
  • Options
    A speedy STH?
    Don't you guys face QGJs?
    On my shard, QGJ waste his dispel on my fast Rey. Should be the same on a fast STH. And then, no TM gain.

Do I miss somethin' ?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @Doc_Holliday Yes you are. Once Han taunts he gives whole team 30% TM so your team will all attack next. Palpi can stun whole team, if you wanna make sure Qgj can dispell after Han taunts or palpi misses the stun. Throw in old Ben to ability block him, since he will go before Qgj. With palpi lead on offense it's very easy to keep 3+ enemies on a 2 turn stun all battle

Or instead of old Ben you can do what I do and have sun fac in there instead. 2 tanks after the palpi stun is too much for the enemy if my Rey and palpi are still alive
  • Options
    The drawback of palpatine teams are that they are very slow. A wiggs team can 1 shot palpatine before RG can taunt. Wiggs has the natural speed advantage. Any successful counters to Palpatine-Vader set ups will leverage on taking out Palpatine asap. Tenacity up builds like yoda and rex in the current state will work poorly on defense (Update rex AI already!!). Once palpatine stuns your team, the odds of winning drop dramatically.

The bottom line here is that speed is still king, any set up that can leverage mechanics to move ahead of, or lock down the opposing team from the start will win most of the time. This is even more so with the advent of mods.

I would have to disagree with you. All the wigg, **** teams I've seen are to slow.

4296d5a9f6c6c67e5babfd8c50a5c9f9.jpg

• Options
    Also, my current Palpatine team destroyed a clon team with little effort. So far all the threads about Palapatine seam to be based on him not having mods. We should wait to see how ppl mod Palapatine before we past judge on how good he is.
  • Options
    @Jetlife
    Normaly, I stun QGJ with RG. But will the AI will? Putting Palpi in, I would try to use the synergy.

So fast STH, Palpi (L), RG Ani and would love to try to fit Lando in this.

Don't talk about Ben! I've used him too much! :-)
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »

I would have to disagree with you. All the wigg, **** teams I've seen are to slow.

200+ speed Wiggs is very achieveable. Seen a couple of these already.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »

You do realize a Biggs with wedge with +15 speed via mods is faster than your 167 Palpatine?

108 base +15 mods +45 wedge unique = 168
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Unmodded wedge and biggs have 155/153 speed respectively on the opening turn. Compare against unmodded EP, who only has 122 speed. Like-for-like comparison will always have Wiggs moving before EP. They will also move before Poe/St Han although putting your best mods on Poe/st Han is the more efficient way to move your team quickly.

That being said, the faster poe/han will always have the first move advantage. EP moving first means stuns all around. Biggs moving first means a high chance of 1 shotting someone.
  • Options
    Vador? Vadar? Get it right, please
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda and Rex would be the meta to Palpatine meta. Meanwhile what is the meta against Wiggs/droid teams? The nerf!