9 Characters That Need To Be In The GW Shipments

Prev1
As of now, we have only 12 characters in the GW shard shop. Now the problem with that is f2p players who have played since December have already gotten all these characters to 7 stars. So here are some characters I would personally love to see in the shard shop.

Kit Fisto

As I speak, he is not farmable. I was lucky enough to receive him in a Bronzonuim pack, but since I have only played for 3 months, he is just sitting there hopeless and wanting to be promoted. I have also read about his rework and think it is about time for him to be available for us f2p players.

Darth Maul

Just like Kit Fisto, Maul is hard to get for f2p. He is only available in shipments and Chromium packs just like Kit Fisto is. I know he isn't the best character in the world, but him and Palpatine (maxed) can make a jedi team cringe.

Hoth Rebel Soldier

He only has one hard node, so there is no easy farm for him. Some say he is really good, others will beg to differ. I think either way, he should get a better way to farm him.

Ewok Scout

Where is the love for this little furry guy? He has only two hard nodes which is better than the Hoth Rebel Soldier, but still sucks. He may not be the best character, but he should be easier to farm than he is.

Captain Rex

I really want to see more farmable clones, and since I love the TV Clone Wars series, Rex is my man (Fives is my favorite but he is in cantina shipments). Either Rex or Echo. In fact, Cody would be good at this point.

Wedge Antilles

Okay this may not be the best idea due to the OP Biggs and Wedge synergy. Personally, I just think Wedge should be farmable.

General Veers

The empire teams would love to have General Veers, but he only has three hard nodes. Now that isn't bad, but it could be better.

Sun Fac

I know he is a really good toon, but he still isn't farmable so seeing him in GW would be a step in the correct direction.

Resistance Trooper

He or she only has two hard nodes, so obviously we need something better than that.

I tried to include characters that have no farmable locations or just have one-three hard nodes. Tell me what you think and if adding more to the GW shipments is a good idea.

Replies

• Options
    Would love to see Maul in GW shipments. Think it's too soon for Rex to be available for FTP though. Would actually make sense to put wedge in there. He's the toon of the month so he should be available somewhere soon and putting him in the same place as Biggs would make you pick one or divide resources to get both. Kind of like how there's 3 rebels and 2 droids in arena shipments
  • Options
    Why not Kit Fisto or Maul yeah, as long time unfarmable characters. Same for Veers, it would be a good idea! There is Urrorrur too, but yeah...

SF, Rex, Wedge, I don't think so, as they are all kind of new and exclusive to whales, and it's ok for them to keep advantage.

Resistance trooper is already in Guild shipment though.
  • Options
    This list is opportunistic and none of them will ever hit gw.
  • Options
    The older F2P players are about to or have already 7* all of the GW characters. So we are due for a new toon
  • Options
    Lobot...because even cyborgs need love.
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Definitely agree with Ewok Scout. Two hard nodes (one of them being on table 8) is just too little for such an unimpactful character. But! Still going to want him on a 5/5 Ewok squad when Wicket comes out. I hope Wicket will be Arena. Having to share resources with Teebo would kind of suck, but 100x better than current set. GW tokens come quickly, too.
    Post edited by SkyCake on
  • Options
    I'll have Magmatrooper on 7* tomorrow, which only leaves my 5* Nightsister Initiate to finish on GW, so I'm looking forward to a couple of additions.

I can see Fisto coming in here soon and maybe one other.

Otherwise, I'll start working towards Grievous and/or Vader shards from the shard shop
  • Options
    Rex has my vote
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Some of those are unrealistic because GW is just so easy to farm, but I could see:

- Jawa
    - Ewok Scout
    - One of the clones
    - A separatist droid

Just to make it more complementary to the cantina shipments if you're building a team.
  • Options
    Hoth Rebel Soldier actually has two hard nodes and is in cantina shipments...
  • Options
    Agree, sitting at 5k guild points now. Once I cap 10k I will start farm GG from that point onwards.
    So actually it doesn't matter much to me since GG will take quite some time to unlock.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Haha.. See hoth rebel soldier is so rare you've confused him with an entirely different toon! Hoth rebel scout is in two hard nodes and cantina shipments. Hoth rebel soldier the tank is in one hard node.
  • Options
    Yup started Dec and have almost 7* everyone. Only two toons left and they are both more than half way to 7. Defiantly need some new blood in there. Would be all 7 if I didn't spend so much on shard shop toons.
  • Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Haha.. See hoth rebel soldier is so rare you've confused him with an entirely different toon! Hoth rebel scout is in two hard nodes and cantina shipments. Hoth rebel soldier the tank is in one hard node.

Ah, true! My bad!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    As a f2p I disagree with the notion that everything should be easily farmable.

Just look at Rey. I spent a lot of time to get her maxed, but now as she is in the guild shop everyone and their dog has her at full.

I don't care if the whales have it easier, they pay for that privilege.
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    As a f2p I disagree with the notion that everything should be easily farmable.

Just look at Rey. I spent a lot of time to get her maxed, but now as she is in the guild shop everyone and their dog has her at full.

I don't care if the whales have it easier, they pay for that privilege.

Everyone has her not because she is in guildshop, but because she is very usefull. You can compare with ugnauht - almost none has him, though he is quite easy to farm...
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Just hoping for someone new... 50k GW tokens and climbing

Would love Rex as have him stuck 6* at the moment as couldnt keep up with buying with crystals from store.. Kit and Maul already have maxed so out of your List Rex or Sun Fac for me
  • Options
    Aurodium toons should NEVER ever be released in any shipment
    Wegde - Rex - B2 - Tusken Shaman
    That would be a HUGE slap in the face of paying customers

Old chromium toons , I could understand it.
    Maul, Kit, ....
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    aerendhil wrote: »

Maul, Kit, ....

Model I believe is P2P players dont get sole rights over a toon... they just get the opportunity to get them way in advance before 'general' release
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options

Maul, Kit, ....

I can agree with this logic. However, making Wedge a monthly character who will not even be unlocked at the end of the month makes 0 sense. My guess is that these characters will be released somewhere soon. At least Wedge. But it'll probably be in Guild Shipments. Perhaps we will see Gamorean or something move from Guild shipments to GW.

I'd love for Maul and Kit to move into GW. I don't care that Maul sucks. I like him as a character, and want to add him. I've spent hard earned crystals on a few shards here and there.

The only problem with adding existing F2P farmable characters to GW shipments is that it doesn't resolve the issue of long time players having maxed those characters already. My guess is a transfer from Guild store to GW.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Wedge! He for sure is one that need to be added to GW.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I want clones =\ They were unavailable too many time...
    I also want Wedge.
    Anyway, being F2P, and not wining eah and every GW, I am now have shards for every chracter in GW shipments! They should put at least couple of toons there.
  • Options

Maul, Kit, ....

What about the people who bought chromium? Screw them Right? No eventually all PTP will be FTP as more PTP get released.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I have over 90K GW currency and all of the toons there I have max shards for. Please, add wedge (I know this i my second post saying wedge but its that important:)>
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I've been playing since December and don't have them all yet ... still have Poggle and Dathcha to finish off.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    RT is already in Guild Store, but don't farm him... pretty useless after the potency nerf.
  • Options
    The devs will always give advantage to people who support the game investing $$$ so making toons like Rex and SF available in GW would be a poor idea... I agree with Maul and Fisto... even Wedge shouldn't be released before those... he is OP as heck in his current state and F2P already have a long route on JKA to chase arena meta... even releasing Wedge in GW will make F2P players suffers to spread thin just to get gear blocked down the road...
    Do or do not...
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Maul, Kit, ....

I see what you are trying to say there but if that is going to be the case then cycle them back through aurodium so that we can have a chance again at attaining them. At the time I had zero interest in any of them. In fact, the only one I want now is Rex. I can buy a few shards at a time right now, but I'd also be more than happy to spend now on aurodium packs now if offered. Forget about the rest.

(I reserve the right to change my mind once I run out of toons to farm)
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    As of now, we have only 12 characters in the GW shard shop. Now the problem with that is f2p players who have played since December have already gotten all these characters to 7 stars. So here are some characters I would personally love to see in the shard shop.

Kit Fisto - Yes, it would be about time.

Darth Maul - Yes, I'd actually farm him. It's also about time.

Hoth Rebel Soldier - I think he needs a Cantina node for sure.

Ewok Scout - This is not a bad idea.

Captain Rex - Not yet. He needs to be a paying exclusive. Too soon.

Wedge Antilles - Yes, and this one would be the OBVIOUS choice overall after being Character of the month.

General Veers - Cantina node minimum or maybe Cantina shipments.

Sun Fac - Nope - Too soon.

Resistance Trooper - Yes.

I tried to include characters that have no farmable locations or just have one-three hard nodes. Tell me what you think and if adding more to the GW shipments is a good idea.

I agree with the majority of these. I think a lot of these we'll see farmable by year's end. It's really about time for Kit and Maul to be moved from Chromium to f2p. The Arodium toons are too soon to come out to f2p.

Also, it would be cool to open up another Cantina level and LS / DS missions. We may not get those until the 90 level cap though and if it's then, cool.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    If I had to guess, I think Kit Fisto and/or Darth Maul would be logical candidates to go to GW.

I think Wedge will end up either in Guild or Cantina shop soon after August is over.