Zam Wesell advise please and thank you

Joeyd7878
276 posts Member
edited August 2016
Can someone give me ANY reason to spend resources on her. Scoundrels have never been a priority for me but I've made the mistake of buying chromium packs and now find myself with 300+ shards and I can get her to 7* if I wanted to. Any feedback is appreciated.

PS- I have learned my lesson and no longer buy chromium packs.

Thanks
Post edited by Joeyd7878 on

Replies

• Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    I can take her from you if you want ;)

Honestly, I really like her, I got chromium packs *because* I wanted shards of her.
    She looks great and has a great animation. Also, She's the only character that's able to take 5 turns in a row. I have her at 4* level 70-ish, purple geared and use her in the credit event. She does well there with Greedo (double bombs), but I also realized the AI is playing her awfully, so without even looking at stats, she'd probably be a poor choice in Arena.

I thought she might coordinate well with Jawa Scavenger (who distributes lots of bombs), but that's probably not terribly efficient.

Try making her level 50 and blue gear, then try to play the first tier of the credit event to see how much you like it...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    I bought zam for the reason I live her char. I have havery her at gear 8, 7s, lvl78 atm and she's quite a beast in the right team comp. I use her with lando lead for extra speed, greedo for extra bombs... pick your other two scoundrels.

It needs to be a 5 scoundrel team, because her basic pops bombs and gives her 20 percent tm for each living scoundrel... so that's a full turn bar on each popped detonator. Add in that it's really easy to mod her over 200 speed, and in my team She has gone 9 times in a row before... not many people survive that mayhem.
  • Options
    Using her with Greedo, Nute Gunshy, Boburt Fettman and Dengar

Omega on her Basic (that detonates the Thermals) adds +15 % damage to that attack,
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    6NL73Bj.jpg

She was well worth it considering I broke top 10 with non meta and on a server since last dec
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Not being close to a scoundrel team, I'm working on Lando and that's about it, would you recommend I work on her then?
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Joeyd7878 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Not being close to a scoundrel team, I'm working on Lando and that's about it, would you recommend I work on her then?

She has a very particular skill set, if you don't plan on running her with scoundrel support I wouldn't bother
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

She has a very particular skill set, if you don't plan on running her with scoundrel support I wouldn't bother

I'm slow farming my scoundrels, so I'll prob leave her on the back burner until I get a better squad
  • Options
    I started getting shards for her before Han and Ig88 were scoundrels. Now I have 6 scoundrels and soon 7 when I get Lando. Now I have the problem of choosing between her and Cad Bane. The others are Dengar and Chewie.
  • Joeyd7878
    276 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I started getting shards for her before Han and Ig88 were scoundrels. Now I have 6 scoundrels and soon 7 when I get Lando. Now I have the problem of choosing between her and Cad Bane. The others are Dengar and Chewie.

Due to boredom I went ahead and bumped her up to 6* and so far I think she's a lot of fun to use. Because of that I'm now thinking about building Greedo up. Scoundrels were never a priority but now I find myself wishing I had a stacked team just bc I want one. Here's to another 30 million in upgrades and mods!

Cad Bane still seems kind of worthless to me.
  • Options
    Zam is great! However she isn't an all-rounder like Rey. You need a very specific team for her to work well, but if you have it, oh my she can be a monster. I recommend you work on some Scoundrels and start prepping a team for her, you won't regret it when you finally hit the end of the grind :)
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    ShewardN wrote: »
    Zam is great! However she isn't an all-rounder like Rey. You need a very specific team for her to work well, but if you have it, oh my she can be a monster. I recommend you work on some Scoundrels and start prepping a team for her, you won't regret it when you finally hit the end of the grind :)

I've been going back and forth for a while now as to what squad I should be working on. Now that I started playing around with Zam my mind is made up. It feels good to farm a team because I want to and not because I feel like I need to in order to stay relevant,
  • Options
    Now they just have to make Thermal Detonators unresistable across the board and Zam and Greedo will conquer the galaxy together.
  • Options
    ShewardN wrote: »

I've been going back and forth for a while now as to what squad I should be working on. Now that I started playing around with Zam my mind is made up. It feels good to farm a team because I want to and not because I feel like I need to in order to stay relevant,
    Agreed. It's so much more fun going for characters you actually enjoy playing with and want. For example, I'm farming Ahsoka right now over QGJ right now because I just love her character. She was one of the highlights for me in the Clone Wars series and I want her ingame because of that. She is pretty good as well which is a bonus hehe :P
  • Options
    Im a player who never follows the meta, but instead tries to make the characters i prefer using (favorites) viable.

That is what is most enjoyable for me , instead of using cookie-cutter builds.
  • Options
    Im a player who never follows the meta, but instead tries to make the characters i prefer using (favorites) viable.

That is what is most enjoyable for me , instead of using cookie-cutter builds.
    Same here :)