4 posts Member
edited August 2016
I currently stand with a full team of maxed 7*
- Luminara (7782) Gear lvl X
- Asaji Ventress (6602) Gear lvl IX
- Qui-Gon Jinn (6533) Gear lvl VIII
- Geonosian Soldier (6314) Gear lvl VIII
- IG-86 (6010) Gear lvl VIII

all these have some form of health/def mods at lvl 15 (some of low quality)

Then I have
- Old Daka 7* lvl 70
- Royal Guard 5* lvl 70
- GMaster Yoda 6* lvl 70
- Count Dooku 6* lvl 70 (30 shards from 7)
- Talia 6* lvl 60
- Savage Opress 6* lvl 60
- Clone wars Chewie 6* lvl 58(32 shards from 7)
- Ashoka Tano 6* lvl 57
- Darth Sidious 7* lvl 50
- Bariss Offee 6* lvl 50 (32 shards from 7)
- Teebo 4* lvl 55
- Cad Bane 5* lvl 44
- Captain Phasma 7* lvl 35
- Rey 4 * lvl 34
- Darth Vader 4* lvl 40

And all these are also unlocked
Jedi Consular 6*L53, Ewok Scout L43, Greedo L47, Snowtrooper L38, Clone Sgt - P1 L38, Datcha 5*L22, Jedi Knight Grd L36, IG-88 L22, Magmatooper L20, FO Tie Pilot L18, Ackbar 4*L12, Leia 4*L10, Biggs L12, Res Trooper L13, Dengar L10, IG-100 Magnagrd L11, Nightsis Init L1, Corusant Underw Pol L1

I barely do a few 100K damage (like 400 to 650 ish) on guild raids (T5 or 6 not sure).
I find my teams lack synergy and improving Mods, finding gear and leveling leaves me broke all the time ...
I would like some suggestions on where to concentrate my efforts for the next few bit of time.
Any suggestions?
(things to stop working on and others to concentrate on)
(Do I take my lvl 70 to 80? Do I take a key character from 34 and max it at 80 geared out and moded? Unlock another toon? Do I throw all my cash on mods until my top 5 are in lvl 5 health mods maxed out? Any strategy would be welcomed)

(links to posts that would enlightened me are good too)

I currently use
GW: Luminara, Asaji Ventress, Royal Guard, QGJ and GS until I loose one then IG86 steps in.
Arena: Lumi, AV, QGJ, GS and IG86
Post edited by Dragoo on

Replies

• Options
    are you wanting guidance on all aspects of the game or only raids?
  • Dragoo
    4 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    all aspects ... raids being one of them (and a weak point I noticed)
    or the aspects you would recommend I concentrate on for now to have the best game results in the "long run"
  • Options
    Let me try this differently
    - My guild says "Level Teebo for Guild Raids" but my Teebo is 4*
    - I have 10 toons that are 7* or very near and they seem unusable because they are so low level.
    - I doubt how useful a lvl 70 toon really is and wonder if I should take them to 80
    - I keep facing toons like Leia, Phasma and Rey and wonder if those should be my priority
    - With the top toons I already have, would there be one or two toons (that I have unlocked or not) that would make a formidable team?
    - Now that I have Health Mods of decent quality for most of my toons should I slack on getting new mods and go back to cantina? I can't max them all anyway ...

this is what my reflexions on my game currenty sound like ... and some guidance would be appreciated.

• Options
    Look at the characters the top players in your arena have. Or take a look at:
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/#all

The characters that top players use are the ones you want.

There are some raid-specific characters, but there are lots of threads, guides, and tutorials about raids that you can easily find via google. Join a T7 guild as the rewards are much better regardless of how well you do. They will require you to get 600 coins per day, but I suspect you may not be getting that many, if you don't even know if you do T5 or T4 raids.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    For raids TM reduction and speed down is king. Teebo and QGJ with his basic omegaed work well there. You also need damage. Rey can do alot. QGJ and Teebo can also dispel taunts, offence up etc. in phase one.

For arena you will be targeted alot if not using a taunting tank. AV is quite weak on defense. I suggest, you use RG instead of her — even if it hurts to put a toon, you've worked on on the bench.

You will also need a good leader. Luminara is weak as such. In some combinations Teebo can do the job (since you will also level/gear him up fo raids) or you can work on your 7* phasma (very popular leader).

Yes, you will need a lot of credits and gear, so try to focus those ressources on your main toons. Toons, which you only use for GW, don't need to be maxed out.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Pick a leader

Then choose wisely a tank or two, and a few more toons...
  • Options
    Teebo is the king for raids so since you already have one I recommend maxing him out as your main focus. You can probably get him to 7*, gear 8, level 80, and add potency mods in about two weeks. Omega Qui Gon's basic and then keep working on his gear. Those two should be the lynchpin of raid team and they'll allow you to do more damage.

The next character you have that you should work on after Teebo would be Phasma. She's very good in raids with her speed down and she's also very good in raids with allowing your toons an extra turn thanks to Victory March.

The other thing you need to do is to identify which characters to farm from each mode. So for GW, we've already established that you need to be throwing all your GW currency towards Teebo until he's 7*.
    For arena tokens, I recommend throwing those towards Leia since you have her 4* and she's a good attacker. Chief Nebit would also be a good choice since he'll help you with the crit damage challenge and I expect him to be good for the new raid against droids.
    For Cantina tokens, I recommend getting Ahsoka to 7* since you're so close. I think she's a very underrated utility attacker who's very good in raids and GW because her some group heal. If anything, she'll get you to a 7* Yoda. After that, I would recommend Jawa Scavenger because I think he'll be good in the new raid and for the crit damage challenge, but if you don't care about either of those then Fives would be the next best.
    For the cantina battles, might as well use those to finish off Barris, Chewie, and Dooku in whatever order you desire.
    For light side/dark side battles work on Rey.

No matter what you choose to do, it's important that you prioritize what you want your teams to look like and then focus on that. The one thing that this game doesn't reward is distractions

• Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Key toons:
    Raid: Teebo, QGJ, Ewok Elder. It might be good to stay cool and wait for the next raid though, since it will be released soon.
    Arena: Depends on team, but QGJ, RG/Han (RG if you want an empire team with Palpatine, Han if you need him for a Rebel team in events and/or scoundrel event) and Rey always provide a good base no matter if the leader is Dooku, Ben, Phasma, Anakin etc.
    GW: Lumi and Dhaka provide a good base together with the 'arena toons'. Important to be good in GW since you're getting credits and shards.
  • Options
    Not to be a **** but the last two posts are bad advice regarding Teebo. He should NOT be your main focus. He is a kit toon and not even useful in raids anymore because he is bugged now and the developers will not fix it. Secondly, this raid will soon be old news--the new raid will be released and a new set of toons will be needed for the new raid.

Phasma Lead: Easy to max gear: only needs 1 fusion furnace-extremely useful&one of the best all around toons.
    QGJ-Second best character in the game. Everything about him is good. Period. Essential to take down tanks taunt.
    Rey-Best toon in the game. Highest damage and easy to keep alive on offense due to foresight
    ST Han-not the best tank but easiest to 7* and one of the most used characters. good tm
    Genosian Soldier- hardy cannon that is fast to 7* and hits like a train.

This team is good enough to be in the top 20 if max geared and modded well. ALL toons come from different parts of the game so you're not doubling up.

would highly advise farming Royal Guard at the same time.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Sophos wrote: »

Phasma Lead: Easy to max gear: only needs 1 fusion furnace-extremely useful&one of the best all around toons.
    Really? There's one Phasma lead team in my top 20 and haven't lost against one in ~6 months.

• Options
    Sophos wrote: »
    Not to be a **** but the last two posts are bad advice regarding Teebo. He should NOT be your main focus. He is a kit toon and not even useful in raids anymore because he is bugged now and the developers will not fix it. Secondly, this raid will soon be old news--the new raid will be released and a new set of toons will be needed for the new raid.

QGJ-Second best character in the game. Everything about him is good. Period. Essential to take down tanks taunt.
    Rey-Best toon in the game. Highest damage and easy to keep alive on offense due to foresight
    ST Han-not the best tank but easiest to 7* and one of the most used characters. good tm
    Genosian Soldier- hardy cannon that is fast to 7* and hits like a train.

This team is good enough to be in the top 20 if max geared and modded well. ALL toons come from different parts of the game so you're not doubling up.

would highly advise farming Royal Guard at the same time.

Even with the bug causing his Scramble Tactics to lose stealth earlier than it should (sometimes) Teebo is still the most useful character for raids. No other character has a move that will take the Rancor or the Captain from nearly full TM to zero on their basic. Not to mention stealth is one of the few things that will counter the heavy countering toons like fives, Dooku, Aayla, or Sun Fac. This comes in very useful when you run into that random team of them in the last node of GW.

I find it odd that you call Teebo a "kit toon" and then go on to praise ST Han, who IMO is easily the most overrated toon in the game right now. His basic causes weak damage and unlike other tanks he doesn't drop any debuffs. The only reason you use him is for his taunt which has a long cooldown, making him worthless outside the arena and the last stage of the rebel challenges. There's so many other tanks to use but yeah let's just chase the meta
  • Options
    Start on rebels ,droids,empire for luke,.. I highly rrcomment droids.. Can hold at 20# in arena with 31,7k power.. Everybody around me has 40k+ power. That shows how awesome droids are haha the only things u have to fear of are: fives, aayla, old ben lead,rg, rex lead,.. Sure thats all haha
  • Options
    Another thing you could do is focus on expanding your roster for events, and this will then also give you more characters to play around with in raids and GW.

You still haven't got a 7* Yoda, so maybe work on some Jedis.
    You haven't got Palp yet, so maybe work on some Rebels.
    You haven't got many Scoundrels, so you could work on some of them.

^ That's what I'm personally doing. Once I've knocked them out of the way I'll start focusing on some high priority raid/arena characters and on mods.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    Thank you sooo much for the many responses. I wasn't expecting so much.

My current plan is
    for my gold spending ...
    - getting AV's last Mod from 14 to 15 ... (just because)
    - Leveling Teebo (he is currently 65 and now 5*) to 70
    - Then I will get RG to 80
    - When Teebo is 6* or 7* I will get him from 70 to 80

With my energy I will
    - farm RG, Teebo, Rey, Dooku
    - farm gear for Teebo until Gear lvl VII, then get QGJ and GS to IX, then come back to Teebo until IX.

with my cantina energy I will
    - keep doing my 3 a day for Bariss
    (here I have no clue: Keep unlocking more Mod Battles? Farm the health tier 3 challenge? Farm Def tier 2 challenge? farm more shards in the cantina (old ben, Dooku)?

with my arena store I will farm Leia
    with my GW store I will collect Teebo shards

Once I get Teebo to 80 I will do a good round of upgrading Mods and probably promoting a few toons that will be just pending (Phasma to 7? My Cad Bane to 5* (will wait I think), and any other I will have accumulated (Rey, Leia, Bariss, RG, Dooku) between now and then.

I still run GW with Lumi, AV, RG, QGJ and GS until I loose one then IG86 steps in. (usually don't finish the last fight ... but I don't like spending hours retreating to get it just right)
    changed my Arena team to Lumi, RG, QGJ, GS and IG86