Pricing

Just curious why i get a banner saying 39.99. But if i go to by its 52.00 and the wants to convert it to U.S. curency again. Double dipping someone is.

Replies

• Options
    it's not worth it anyways
  • Options
    Thats not the point if its worth it or not. The point is other countries are getting over charged and guys may not even know it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Stick0014 wrote: »
    Thats not the point if its worth it or not. The point is other countries are getting over charged and guys may not even know it.

The price is $39.99 in US currency in the US. Depending on your country's exchange rate, any extra VAT, taxes, etc. your gov't. charges, your final price may be different. This is not EA/CG's fault. Talk to your legislature.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Are you charging directly through your credit card? Maybe you should pre-load money into a Google account or buy iTunes gift card (iOS users only) to see if there's a difference. I know a few Singaporeans who buy gift cards because it's cheaper than using their credit card. Plus they can get the cards discounted anywhere between 5-20%.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

The price is $39.99 in US currency in the US. Depending on your country's exchange rate, any extra VAT, taxes, etc. your gov't. charges, your final price may be different. This is not EA/CG's fault. Talk to your legislature.

Nevertheless, I have to pay $5 more for the same bundle, wich makes for an uneven playing field. As were the operation system exclusive bundles/events. I'm not bothered by it at all though. If i was born a couple thousand kilometers to the east, minimum wage would be significantly lower than it is over here. So i guess its all relative.
    But i agree, it isnt an elaborate scheme to squize more money out of certain players, atleast not by EA this time ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nevertheless, I have to pay $5 more for the same bundle, wich makes for an uneven playing field. As were the operation system exclusive bundles/events. I'm not bothered by it at all though. If i was born a couple thousand kilometers to the east, minimum wage would be significantly lower than it is over here. So i guess its all relative.
    But i agree, it isnt an elaborate scheme to squize more money out of certain players, atleast not by EA this time ;)

Lol - fair enough.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I buy through play store. And ea charges a american 39.99. I had the banner show up however they charge 52.00 u.s. dollars to a canadian for the same bundle thats 12 dollars more to us then playstore converts it to canadian dollars which is 62.00. We should pay the same 39.99 plus the U.S. conversion for a total of 52.00. We are paying the conversion 2 times once here and then again with playstore
  • Options
    Not worth buying anyway you'll get 14 shards
  • Options
    Zahreem wrote: »
    Not worth buying anyway you'll get 14 shards
    Wrong bundle being discussed. That's the one that you get from crystals only.

The one the OP is talking about is the $39.99, cash, Rebel bundle that gives you the Hoth Rebel Scout, Hoth Rebel Soldier, 30 Han, 25 Leia, and some number of Luke shards.

It also gives 2000 crystals and a million credits. Totally worth it, IMO.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I buy through play store. And ea charges a american 39.99. I had the banner show up however they charge 52.00 u.s. dollars to a canadian for the same bundle thats 12 dollars more to us then playstore converts it to canadian dollars which is 62.00. We should pay the same 39.99 plus the U.S. conversion for a total of 52.00. We are paying the conversion 2 times once here and then again with playstore

Are you certain you're paying conversion twice and not taxes first and then converting US$52 into CAD?
  • Options
    No it converts it from 39.99 to 54.99 then playstore charges taxes which is 62.00. But im not sure why ea convert it at all. So it is right other than the conversion they do for usd to cdn is inflated
  • Options
    No it converts it from 39.99 to 54.99 then playstore charges taxes which is 62.00. But im not sure why ea convert it at all. So it is right other than the conversion they do for usd to cdn is inflated

Well, if it's CAD $52, that's right at the moment (CAD1.29 per US$1), not inflated at all. If it's CAD55 - that's a bit high, but not crazy high (could mean an additional 6% forex charge)...

But, overall, yeah, sucks to see a price and then get hit with a currency conversion - and then taxes on top of that.