Which mods are worth buying?

MrJx3
257 posts Member
What would a mod have that would tempt you to buy it? I have a white t5 crit chance mod with primary crit damage that costs 2 mil. I've seen this a bunch of times before as well as crit damage with crit chance prim., but since I actually have 2 mil I'm seriously considering buying it. Maybe put it on Lando. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Yeah probably worth buying... I look for mods that I need which right now is crit chance and crit damage with speed secondaries.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    nothing in the mod shipments is worth buying unless you just have a massive amount of disposeable income. its too much of a waste, especially if its a common mod. the purple and yellow are the only ones worth upgrading.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    If you're desperate for them maybe go ahead but I'm holding out to buy only the ones with good secondary stats. Regular grey mods you can just farm easily
  • Options
    There are some mods worth buying. For example, the Tier 5 Arrow, Triangle, and Plus mods have fairly low drop-rates, and the drop-rates are even lower for high-quality versions with the Primary Stats that you might want like speed, potency, critical damage, etc. Especially if you just have a single slot that you're trying to fill, buying mods can definitely pay off.

It's all a matter of preference, since there's still nothing wrong with farming mods. But, don't expect to get a Tier 5 Mk 5-A Arrow Potency mod with Speed as the primary stat every other drop, 'cause it ain't happening.

I don't personally do it because right now I'm focusing on farming character shards and still have way too many empty mod slots as it is, but I know people who do buy mods (especially for credits) who swear by the mod shop.

Also, don't forget that you can always sell your unused mods that you've been farming for credits, and then use those credits to buy mods from the mod shop and get what you actually want.
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Regular grey mods you can just farm easily

^Also, this.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Thx guys, think I might buy it now though. Would you guys say a t5 potency mod with potency primary is worth buying as well?
  • Options
    no, only the arrow speed mods are worth buying atm.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I only farm mods now with free cantina energy. I save my 2 cantina refreshes a day for buy mods in shipments.
    Personally I with for mod shape, set and primary I want to have at least 1 or 2 secondary stats I want. So never class E mod.

IMO it is worth saving.
    In the last be weeks of farming 3 refreshes a day I think I have gotten 1 what I would consider high end mod. With those crystals I could have bought at least 2 mk5 class d or c mods.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Regular grey mods you can just farm easily

^Also, this.

Thing is though I'm focusing on farming shards rn and won't be able to complete t3 of empire, scoundrel, or jawas anytime soon. Unless you think farming t4 mods is worth it? Should I just do that?