STHan should NOT be Rebel

Since every other post is how every character in the game should be a Rebel, I decided to make a thread about one who is, but shouldn't be. Since the game has used names/art for characters when they were younger but don't have tags they do when they're older (Clone Wars Chewy, Darth Sidious) STHan should NOT have the rebel tag. He was not a part of the rebel alliance in ANH.

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Neither was tattooine luke. Gotta bend some comers to have a faction that actually has members of it lol
  • Options
    really? that wasn't him that helped luke blow up the deathstar? how do you know he didn't know their secret handshake?
  • Options
    maybe he dressed as a storm trooper again at some point.. he isn't called storm trooper (ANH) Han.

we know that he was helping the rebels between ANH and ESB. as he was gonna leave and him and leia argued about it.

good chance he dressed for an undercover mission at some point during this.
  • Options
    Since he was conspiring to deliver DS plans to the Rebels, wittingly or not, and actively committing mayhem on the station, and blowing up TIE fighters, I'm quite sure Tarkin and company considered him a rebel. And in the end, he did return to assist with the attack, so it's safe to say he was a part of the rebellion, and therefore a rebel.
  • ShewardN
    515 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I agree and disagree. It seems to me that at the time he wasn't really rebelling, but completing a job. Yes, it lead to him becoming a rebel, but at the time he wasn't one. However, as @EventineElessedil stated, many must have seen him as a rebel. It can go both ways depending on which one you really want to believe in. Would love to hear a developer talking about all of the reasoning for these tags and clear some stuff up, getting bored of all of these "Asajj should be a Sith", "Chewbacca should be a Rebel" threads @EA_Jesse.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    Technically he was a Scoundrel in the Stormtrooper suit. He was just helping so that he would get a big reward for returning the Princess, which he collected. He didn't join the rebellion until he came back and shot the tie fighters.

But it's close enough in time for me. It's pretty much the same day.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with OP. He was never a part of the rebellion. He simply did what was in his best interest, which is scoundrel to the core.
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »
    I agree with OP. He was never a part of the rebellion. He simply did what was in his best interest, which is scoundrel to the core.

I disagree with this. He had his reward in hand for helping rescue Princess and chose to come back and help the rebels destroy the Death Star. Then he stayed around, accepted a rebellion medal and had joined.
  • Options
    If you really want to argue over the little things,
    Was Han in the rebellion at the time of his wearing the Strom Trooper outfit. No.
    Was Luke a member of the rebellion at the time he had that crap gun and dressed as a farmer. No.
    But by the end of the first movie yes I said first movie even though it is the 4th. It is safe to say they were both firmly members of the rebellion.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    St han should be considered empire and rebel and scoundrel. he is posing as a stormtrooper, so why not.
  • Options
    Han didn't really join the rebellion until his assist on the death star attack.
    You make the argument for farm boy Luke as unofficially joining the rebellion the second he saw the Owen and Beru BBQ
  • Feydiekin
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't want SThan to lose his tag because it would have an adverse effect on the game balance, but...OP is right.

Han didn't make the choice to join the rebels until the last 5 min of ANH. While he was in the ST armor he was still just in it for the reward.

Princess Leia Organa: It's not over yet.
    Han Solo: It is for me, sister. Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money.

You might recognize that back and forth from the scene in the falcon right after they escaped from the Deathstar, when Han was still wearing that st outfit.

Now Old Ben has a better claim at a rebel tag as he was, for the majority of his screen time, actively on a mission for the rebellion.
  • Options
    what both teams are saying here is true... "from a certain point of view"

however as soon as han picked up obi wan, luke and the droids. in the eyes of the empire han was rebel scum.

"you'll come to find that a great many things will depend on a certain point of view"
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    All clones should be dark side empire.
  • Options
    It was his transition phase.. who are we to judge where he was at that point.? :/
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Just to throw another spanner into this discussion, I am pretty sure Han attended an imperial military academy at some point. Still wears the pants with the stripe down the side. So when is Imperial Officer Cadet Han going to be released ???????
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    On that brief day, he was empire at heart. Make him empire, that would be swell.
  • Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    You make the argument for farm boy Luke as unofficially joining the rebellion the second he saw the Owen and Beru BBQ

Luke was on board with the rebellion long before he even got involved. Recall when he got the droids and C3PO started talking about the rebellion, Luke got very excited. Then speaking with Old Ben he admitted he hated the Empire but couldn't do anything about it because it was so far away. Luke was a rebel even when he was a moisture farmer, he just had no clear path.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Luke was on board with the rebellion long before he even got involved. Recall when he got the droids and C3PO started talking about the rebellion, Luke got very excited. Then speaking with Old Ben he admitted he hated the Empire but couldn't do anything about it because it was so far away. Luke was a rebel even when he was a moisture farmer, he just had no clear path.

By the same token Anakin is empire. We left a cheerful kid on prequel one and met a QQQQ guy that has already converted in mind at the beginning of 2nd.

• Options
    No_Try wrote: »

By the same token Anakin is empire. We left a cheerful kid on prequel one and met a QQQQ guy that has already converted in mind at the beginning of 2nd.

Not even close.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Not even close.

How so?

• Foxxphyre
    160 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    Just to throw another spanner into this discussion, I am pretty sure Han attended an imperial military academy at some point. Still wears the pants with the stripe down the side. So when is Imperial Officer Cadet Han going to be released ???????

He did, he graduated as an officer from the Imperial academy on Carida. After he saw the Empire taking/using wookie slaves he staged a breakout, rescued Chewie (hence the life debt) and left the empire in an act of personal rebellion.

The stripes on his pants, though, are not from the Empire. Those are Corellian Bloodstripes, awarded for valor by the Corellian forces of which Han was also a member. They liased with the Empire until the Empire started demolishing autonomous military forces.

Edit for grammar.
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Very astute Foxx.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Semantics aside if they remove the rebel tan for st han (and for that matter luke), then many players would be knocked out of the running for the palpatine event. Me included.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    If that's the case, then we could add Vader to the rebellion too... He did kill the Emperor after all to save Luke.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    Look, its not about titles, but actions. During the death star, STH had excellent synergy with the rebellion. The rebellion tag on STH just represents this synergy with the language of the game. There definitely needs to be this complementary game play between STH and the rebellion.

In my opinion, STH became apart of the rebellion once he laid eyes on Leia in the trash compactor and saw her in her wet gown. But he's too gruff to admit to that kind of sentimentality, that he'd join a cause because he was physically drawn to a beautiful princess.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I would argue Han joined the rebellion wholeheartedly over leia. He goes to rescue her for riches Luke promised but after he sees her and during the fight in the corridor right before the trash compactor he seems to be fighting for her and Luke and no longer for riches. Again a bit of perception here but he's wearing the stormtrooper suit at that time all through bens death and leaving the Death Star
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Ninja'd by @ImYourHuckleberry during typing
  • Options
    Finn isnt Resistance the whole time. Not even Rey is.