Raids are WAY to weak

We're having trouble in our guild just allowing the ability for everyone to participate. There are about 7 guys that could probably hanSolo the whole thing. They use the chat and make sure everyone's good and getting some damage in. They go from P1 all the way to P4 with 1 team. (Damage carries over) We've been doing T7 in about 3 hrs, without any real coordination.

They need to make this next raid more difficult.

And yes, I love my guild.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    This is whole population's problem and even though it's an emergency they let it slip for months now. I shifted my hopes of better design which is not taxing on the players to the new raid.
  • Options
    KennyKonif wrote: »
    We're having trouble in our guild just allowing the ability for everyone to participate. There are about 7 guys that could probably hanSolo the whole thing. They use the chat and make sure everyone's good and getting some damage in. They go from P1 all the way to P4 with 1 team. (Damage carries over) We've been doing T7 in about 3 hrs, without any real coordination.

They need to make this next raid more difficult.

And yes, I love my guild.

A simply fix would be to double the rancors HP.
  • IDobaFett
    237 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    it's not just about HP. We did 36 million in our latest raid and that's with 1 attack per person. Double it, triple it, eventually people will build up their teams and you will need to multiply the HP by 50x because everyone can solo it. They need to make it more playable. I don't know how they do that, but there are lots of games that have figured it out.
  • Options
    People tend to forget, when this was released, and still for guilds that are working their way up, it was a challenge to make the jump to Heroic. Yes, it feels week to people who have build up raid geared characters and a large stable of 7star characters, but for groups still progressing, it has to be obtainable. Think how much it would suck to be stuck on 6 star for weeks, completing it in a day, hours maybe, just because you still need more 7star characters.

Maybe the new raid will be more of a challenge. It sort of has to be, but I don't know how far they want to push it so that it's fun for the seasoned groups but the newer players can at least see the finish line.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    There is no easy solution. It's always going to be too difficult for some, and too easy for others. Every possible sollution from ea/cg's side will have a down side. The new raid will probably more difficult, until a few players discover a weakness and the rest of us just copy the strategy to exploid said weakness. (TMR in the rancor raid for example)
    Coordination within guilds is the best way of dealing with this issue.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It depends on the guild....we're all F2P in my guild...it was started with the introduction of guilds and we're still doing T6 for 3 refreshed(sometimes if we get lucky we can do it in 2) and still havent tried a T7 because we know that we can finish it in time....we have close to a full guild but we reduce members every week for not participating and only a handfull of people can do massive damage to T6 (and by massive I mean 6 mill combined for all 3 refreshes)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I get it it's a problem, but they are working on a new raid. We need to stop asking them to "fix" this one.

Just like younger players that can't do all the events this one is not designed for top lvl players. Wait for the new raid to ask for changes to raids.

Honestly more health doesn't change anything, with TM being weakness, the only thing that will happen is someone soloing the raid will get times out before they can finish. We finish out the raid in about 30-45 mins.
  • Options
    Our guild switched to T7 about 6 weeks ago. We were carefully working T6 and took a big gulp of air and attempted the T7... which we smashed to pieces in a couple of hours.

BUT We have folks with 2 or 3 7* toons and we have folks who can solo P1 easily. The thing is... everyone gets what they want right now. We blast through so it's not a chore and the guys who can just about stick a glove on rancor get the best rewards they can expect in a mixed guild.

So the system right now is ideal for a guild of radically mixed abilities. Adding a tier would be a fine idea for whale guilds for the challenge, but only adjust payouts slightly.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    I like the raids the way they are. Our guild can complete T7 in 3 hours, but there are still many guilds at T5. I have the best solution for EA but I'must sure they don'the care and there are no areas to post improvement ideas and if there were it would populate with stupid ideas like make my character stronger, make my GW experience easier, make my GW experience harder, etc.
    EA has done a great job with balanceach as a whole, improvevents exists but we could all improve at everything we do.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    t7 is fine the way it is. Wait for t8 and don't surprised if it's gonna be impossible.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    the cynic in me is guessing the new Raid will be next to impossible to finish and then the forums will be in another uproar, making this concern a distant fricken memory. The optimist in me thinks it'll all even out.
  • Options
    dough wrote: »
    the cynic in me is guessing the new Raid will be next to impossible to finish and then the forums will be in another uproar, making this concern a distant fricken memory. The optimist in me thinks it'll all even out.

I just hope they don't use the same "design" as this one... it needs to be re-imagined
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    dough wrote: »

I'm hoping they have done enough to not make the same system work, which it seems like they might have.

It needs to be harder since the mods have changed the baseline for any toon out there. I just hope that it's tiered enough that we all don't plow through the first 3-4 tiers and never look back.
  • Options
    We finish our T7 raid in 20 mins.. We are not complaining. You just need a proper system to ensure everyone will be guaranteed raid rewards.
  • Options
    I think the new raid will be designed to challenge the highly powered guilds.

Our guild could beat a Tier 7 raid now in a couple hours and we just started Tier 7 raids probably 6 weeks ago and only have like 35 members, currently.

But the Tier 7 is great for us because the raid gear is helping to gear our toons and we are getting Han Solo shards (who I want to add to my Scoundrel & Rebel teams).

Its all relative. What's easy to some is probably very hard to quite a few others.
  • Options
    I veto
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Options
    Make sure nobody attacks until your members are registered with a suicide toon. Then FFA at a certain hour. What's the issue?
  • Options
    For people with fully maxed characters yes, but what about the people who don't spend a lot of money on the game? It would be impossible to work your way up to get Han Solo if that were the case... Maybe make a next level up raid instead of making it harder.
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Most guilds aren't doing T6 and heroic. So I would think this would not be a good idea.
  • Options
    Yeah, my guild tried a T7 raid and were unable to complete. We can get through 95% of a t6 raid in two refreshes. We are close to doing T7's but if they increased the difficulty... That would be lame.