Palpatine event- rebels question

Have I got any chance to defeat Palpatine this team? I can give gear 10 to Han and gear 10 to AA and perhaps HRS to get gear 9.
I have enough resources level them 80 except Biggs but I can give him gear 8.
I' am thinking about to pick off some mods from my arena team and I have 35 omega to share.
So, worth the effort? Many other toons waiting to get higher levels but I would like to catch Palpatin 7* but I don't know this team capable of that.
Lando is the key because lack of damage serious problem.
I hope somebody destroyed the emperor a squad like mine.

Replies

• Options
    iiilo_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I did tier 6 with two level 60 toons in the team. Haven't done tier 7 yet, but I guess you don't have to max everything out (apart from rank/stars)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I did tier 6 with two level 60 toons in the team. Haven't done tier 7 yet, but I guess you don't have to max everything out (apart from rank/stars)

@Waqui weeps I stand a chance at tier 6 with
    Lando
    St Han
    Leia
    HRS
    Biggs
    All gear 8 level 64-66? Because that's what I'm looking at and definitely a bit worried it won't be enough. I'll probably end up pulling mods from my arena guys.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Are you planning to finish tier 7 this event?Please inform us your tactics if you catch Palpatine 7*.
    Thank you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I will get my last 2 rebels to 7*, unless extremely unlucky when farming Lando.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Currently I have:

ST Han, 7*, gear 9, lvl 80
    Leia, 7*, gear 7, lvl 70
    AA (L), 7*, gear 7, lvl 70
    Lando, 6*, gear 8, lvl 70
    Biggs, 6*, gear 5, lvl 61

Lando and Biggs slightly improved since I cleared tier 6 of the event. Only ST Han has his skills maxed (only 1 omega). I plan to get both Lando and Biggs to 7* before the event is over.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero
    You still have time to improve. And don't worry about the cost of moving mods back and forth. You will receive plenty credits to compensate if you clear the next.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Final update:

After getting Lando to 7* yesterday and Biggs today I completed the final tier of the event in my first attempt with little trouble, though only 2 toons were left standing in the end. My squad was as follows:

ST Han, gear 10, lvl 80
    Leia, gear 7, lvl 70
    AA (L), gear 7, lvl 70
    Lando, gear 8, lvl 72
    Biggs, gear 6, lvl 61

So no, you don't need to max out everything.
    Take out the guards first, then the emperor and finally Darth Vader. Save Ackbar's debuffing ability for when Vader does his aoe attack. All those DoTs will boost the healing.

Good luck, everyone.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero:

Ackbar's debuffing and healing helped immensly. I imagine, that Vader be painfull without it. Not impossible — but a challenge.
  • Options
    What's the best strategy to beat tier 5?
  • Options
    I didn't have a very strong team. I used Luke (L), Leia, Biggs, HRSc, and STH. Only Leia is maxed. Take out the RGs first, and you should be fine. Might take a try or two, but should be doable.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Tier 5? No Vader, if I remember correctly, so guards first — then emperor.

With AA lead, you will resist stuns etc. more and you will still deal damage, when taunting, stealthing etc.
    Use Landos AoE whenever possible.
    Use AA to remove shock/stun and to heal.
    Use Taunt whenever possible.
  • Options
    Rio76 wrote: »
    What's the best strategy to beat tier 5?

Tier 5? Auto'd it with a couple of 5* toons and not maxed out on mods or level. Took me one try on both tier 5 and 6.
  • Rio76
    48 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah my squad not that strong got STH HRS HRSO Luke Leia