How are the secondary defensive skill on Mods calculated? (Not the set skill)

I have figured out that a mod's defense percentage increase is equaled to the % of defense times the % of the increase, not % + %. So what does it mean when a mod is giving you a defense increase of 8 or 6? A whole number and not a percentage. How is that calculated in the stats?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There used to be defense as a number but they changed that. And there is no %# for defence, I think you mean armor.

If you go to swgoh.gg I think they still show the stats with a number defense.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There used to be defense as a number but they changed that. And there is no %# for defence, I think you mean armor.

There has never been a % or flat number for defense in charater stats. Defense is and always has been armor and resistance.
    Armor reduces physical damage
    Resistance reduces special damage.

Similar to offense is physical and special damage.

Below screenshots are 4 months old. Strategy increases armor
    V20DaNO.png

gR8IN6J.png

Armor and resistance used to be flat numbers listed in the character stats and still shown on swgoh.gg site, if those numbers are still correct not sure. With the mods update they converted it to what I like to call a magical percentage that I am not sure if anyone has figured out the correct formula for it. Armor and resistance are still a flat number in the background, similar to physical and special damage it is just not shown to you. Defense can be added in flat integer for or %. When adding defense it is similar to adding health or offense, + flat number or +% of flat name number, you just don't see the base number nor no how it is converted to armor and resistance so you have to play the add and see game.
  • slama
    86 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

You are incorrect about defense not being a number. It is a secondary mod stat.
  • Options

Yes, it effects armor and resistance.

And thank you, Swgoh.gg does still show it as a number. That is kind of dumb that they use a whole number in the game as a boost when it is percentage based.