Who's the best fifth member of a droid team now?

A lot of people have dropped QGJ recently. So would the best fifth (JE, HK, 88, 86 +) be B2, Nebit, RG, ST Han, or someone else?

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    B2 for arena. Then STH or RG as FTP.

Nebbit through GW (cooldown and protection up)

Grevious for S&Gs

Fun:
    -jawa full stun aoe in arena
    -palp smear TBD
  • Options
    Asic wrote: »
    B2 for arena. Then STH or RG as FTP.

Nebbit through GW (cooldown and protection up)

Grevious for S&Gs

Fun:
    -jawa full stun aoe in arena
    -palp smear TBD

I was thinking B2. Would the RT and STH be better than Nebit in the arena since so many people use Lando with his infinite AoE now? At least CN has a couple other utilities.
  • Options
    Maxed IG:100 is your best bet. I play him. He takes three turns in a row. He nails people's TM down all the time. His counters for fives or Dooku give him crits on both counter attacks so he takes a free turn, AoEs, then takes another turn! With crit mods he crits for 9-10k
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Maxed IG:100 is your best bet. I play him. He takes three turns in a row. He nails people's TM down all the time. His counters for fives or Dooku give him crits on both counter attacks so he takes a free turn, AoEs, then takes another turn! With crit mods he crits for 9-10k

i run a meta droid squad with 100 and can second this quote

he's probably one of the more underrated toons out there

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

But what about clones and counterattackers with 5's? Is Magna a liability? He does decent damage, but is it enough to justify all those crits/TM and counterattacks? I stopped gearing mine at 9, because I just didn't see the point of MORE weak AOE loaded with crits. I have to battle clones, daily. HK's AOE at least has ability block and defense down.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

But what about clones and counterattackers with 5's? Is Magna a liability? He does decent damage, but is it enough to justify all those crits/TM and counterattacks? I stopped gearing mine at 9, because I just didn't see the point of MORE weak AOE loaded with crits. I have to battle clones, daily. HK's AOE at least has ability block and defense down.

cant really speak to that as i dont have many clone teams on my server. droids in general suffer against Rex since his lead is a direct crit counter. any other teams no problems though.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    B2 all the way. Scorched earth policy for enemy buffs of any kind, and any dodge lead. Stealthed toons? Not for long. Double taunt? Who cares!

Droids suffer at the hands of Rex leads, and heavy clone teams in general. They're also up against it with Wiggs teams. Soft hitting AoE attacks - even if they crit - feed turn meter to everyone on a Rex team, and to Biggs, who is a complete menace to droids. I'm trying to get my Nebit arena ready, see if droids fare any better with his assist call attack and cooldown decrease. Single target attacks fare much better against the Wiggs combo than low-mid damage AoEs.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ^Nebit assist attack is great, but you will have a hard time to get it more than once before Nebit is dead. And it might be a total dud.

I got Nebit to g10, cuz... who doesn't? A lot of people running droids have Nebit in the wings, if not completed. Nebit is... not that good, IMO. And I do not see him as any kind of answer to clones. Nebit takes what Droids already do well and makes the team even more extreme. Relying on speed and AOEs to mow down teams which do not have the crit/TM defense and/or counterattackers. It's a double down. So yeah, I got a Nebit. No, I don't use him much.

If you use nebit (or any fifth jawa/droid), the extra JE speed boost can help you get a guaranteed win over (now) slower droid teams. And it will allow you to kill Phasma leads quicker. But you can already beat those guys.

FWIW, I have successfully used several droid teams with only 2 or 3 of the usual suspects, let alone playing with the fifth. I'm using a completely F2P-toons HK lead droid team with only 2 droids and no jawa right now.

• Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, Nebit won't help much with clones overall - but he may help against Wiggs, more spike single target damage rather than soft AoEs. Yesterday there were 6 Wiggs teams in my top ten, and so much has to go right with ability blocks for droids to win against them, especially if JKA and Lando are along for the party. I'm building a Palp empire team, but in the meantime I'm thinking it could be worth a shot.
  • Options
    Been running HK (L) 100/88/JE/nebit all max everything but nebit who needs a nubian scanner to hit gear 10...

When the chips fall I'm #1-3 on my shard and it's the droids that do the aoe blitz...

100 is an all-star...I put 2 potency mods onagainst meand he is at 60%...his tm reduction wrecks havoc in conjunction with JE's tm up...not mention his insane counters...sometimes 3, 4, and even 5 atks at a time as stated above...totally overlooked and underrated at 30k hp and 50k protection.

My Hk is potentcy moded at 65% and those debuffs stick every time...2-3 on everyone...best is when you get an ability block or defense down on sthan/anakin/rg/rex....pretty much guarantees the win. And his bomb critical at about 5k so it's got some umpf to boot especially since your gonna get 2 off b4 enemy gets there 2nd attack in. His basic hits 8k w/ou and at 32k hp and 28k protection he is like John McClain constantly in die hard mode.

88's aoe deals 75k dmg... and basic hits 32k on a defense downed sthan... he is key dps...and even if enemy takes him out...JE brings him right back, nebit taunts and it's game over.

Nebit...what can I say...even at gear 9 max everything else full hp mods with speed focused bringing him to 161 speed (just high enough to get 2nd turn after JE's 3rd turn, allowing him to rez 88 if needed) he has almost 34k hp...and when rng against me and he gets ability blocked, his basic heals a hefty 8k of protection...he can suck up a crazy amount of dmg. I typically use his 3-way, taunt, basic rest of match...that basic of his has saved 88's life so many times...

And JE has speed at 205 so he is going 1st...

Now I do not have B2...but Idk if he can replace 100...his tm reduction is definitely clutch and given how fast he can toss it, 100 seems a better choice to me...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    more spike single target damage rather than soft AoEs.
    This will give you ONE assist special per match, probably. Against Wiggs. So me no likey. Aside from that, Nebit will taunt and reset cooldowns.. but add no dps or debuff of his own. I think the best bet against Wiggs might be to put ST Han on your team, too, so you can at least duke it out on even footing in an all out slugfest. AND QGJ to detaunt their Han, even better. So yeah, you gots to lose one of the usual suspects, if not more.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @ loose_lee So how does that team fare against clones? HK, 100, 88, JE, Nebit... that sounds like clone lunchmeat. I don't have the maxed 100 to try this... but even if his TM hits 100%, he is giving MORE TM to the clones... at least until you get 2+ of their toons down. And those first two kills are the hard ones.
  • Options
    Kill Rex 1st...then ani...np
  • Options
    Even better if you get a lucky ability block on Rex so you can take ani out first...remember you can always use JE to toss a bomb on Rey to neutralize her...and always bombs on fives...I never atk him unless it's aoe unless he has defense down and 88 is up.
  • Options
    There's not any FULL clone teams on my shard... (jan) but I do see the ocasional rex/fives/ani with the other usually suspects like rey/rg/qgj/sun-fac/sthan. So hope that helps.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Been running HK (L) 100/88/JE/nebit all max everything but nebit who needs a nubian scanner to hit gear 10...

When the chips fall I'm #1-3 on my shard and it's the droids that do the aoe blitz...

100 is an all-star...I put 2 potency mods onagainst meand he is at 60%...his tm reduction wrecks havoc in conjunction with JE's tm up...not mention his insane counters...sometimes 3, 4, and even 5 atks at a time as stated above...totally overlooked and underrated at 30k hp and 50k protection.

My Hk is potentcy moded at 65% and those debuffs stick every time...2-3 on everyone...best is when you get an ability block or defense down on sthan/anakin/rg/rex....pretty much guarantees the win. And his bomb critical at about 5k so it's got some umpf to boot especially since your gonna get 2 off b4 enemy gets there 2nd attack in. His basic hits 8k w/ou and at 32k hp and 28k protection he is like John McClain constantly in die hard mode.

88's aoe deals 75k dmg... and basic hits 32k on a defense downed sthan... he is key dps...and even if enemy takes him out...JE brings him right back, nebit taunts and it's game over.

Nebit...what can I say...even at gear 9 max everything else full hp mods with speed focused bringing him to 161 speed (just high enough to get 2nd turn after JE's 3rd turn, allowing him to rez 88 if needed) he has almost 34k hp...and when rng against me and he gets ability blocked, his basic heals a hefty 8k of protection...he can suck up a crazy amount of dmg. I typically use his 3-way, taunt, basic rest of match...that basic of his has saved 88's life so many times...

And JE has speed at 205 so he is going 1st...

Now I do not have B2...but Idk if he can replace 100...his tm reduction is definitely clutch and given how fast he can toss it, 100 seems a better choice to me...

How are you doing 55k+ damage to a fully modded JKA to take him out before he acts without 86 in your lineup?

If you don't ability block Rex 1st up, against a fully modded Rex team you're toast. Unless your 100 is getting off 2 AoEs in very quick succession?

My HK-47 is modded for speed and crit chance over potency, and his basic never hits for 8k with offense up. 6-6.5k is about the best case scenario, with big variance. Meatbag Mayhem might scrape over 4k crit, never 5k. My 88 needs a little work in terms of crit damage mods, but best case scenario he's not getting close to 32k basic against anyone with Defense Down with every enemy debuffed. Not even 22k.

Would you care to post your mods? Been running droids since I started in December, and I'm not seeing performance like that.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    So I use HK lead, 88,86, JE, and was using nebit, but not doing well. I replaced nebit with Rey and shot up 400 spots in arena...
  • Krillion
    68 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ive added Nebit to my lineup over RG with my Droids. HK L, 88,86,JE, Nebit and have landed 1st a couple times and 2nd now a few times. If i fight JKA teams he dies first. Then the real threat is over, Take out QGJ to ensure Nebits taunt stays up. He eats alot of damage for me and lets my mk5 crit dam mod droids jack up whoever i target.
    ST Han is always a problem since i have no buff removal but my droids have a bit of extra health to spare these days. Might lose one and JE is ready to revive after Nebit taunts.

My best RNG is the speed boosted HK goes right after JE and lands debuffs on 3 or 4 toons with his bomb. Then its a shooting gallery for 88 with his aoe and might land debuffs on all 5 enemies now his 316% crit dam starts to really hurt. 20-25k crits on a basic, more if it from a 86-88 assist combo. Even my HK can get basic crits for about 8k. On a good day i can kill 2 toon before they even break through my protection.
  • Options
    B2 works well, all around great for utility buff removal, extra turns etc. I replaced him with anakin for some lols recently, and using the same thing over and over gets boring.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you don't ability block Rex 1st up, against a fully modded Rex team you're toast. Unless your 100 is getting off 2 AoEs in very quick succession?...My HK-47 is modded for speed and crit chance over potency
    If you want to beat clones, crit chance and speed are the opposite of what you want to put on HK. His debuffs are useless against clones until after Rex is dead. (And by then, the fight is usually already decided). And he already has a high crit chance. He gives himself +30% by his leader skill.

It is sweet to have HK go before the enemy when that enemy is Ben/Phasma/Dooku lead. I know from experience. But to beat clones, I would keep HK no faster than 130ish. Slower the better. And give him crit DAMAGE mod, not crit chance. Potency will be good in general, too (not necessarily against Rex lead.) Again, speaking from experience.

In short, you would be better off against clones if HK didn't get his first turn until after 2 of the clones are dead. He is there for his leadership skill and to close the deal... after not screwing things up too badly, early on.

BTW, I don't know what lame clones you are fighting. But if you can land a debuff on Rex without a full potency setup, u must be fighting a noob. All the rex's on my shard are heavily modded for tenacity. I have never landed ANYTHING on Rex.

Also, JE is severely neutered against Clones, IMO. Going first doesn't matter hardly at all. And JE can't do squat with detonators. When tenacity up buff is on, they don't stick. When tenacity up buff is off, they stick... but Rex cleanses them before they go off. JE is useful only for his heal/rez and what little bit of TM he can feed to the team. I suppose he helps to beat 5's after rex is dead... but JE is best left on the bench, against Rex lead, IMO.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    If you don't ability block Rex 1st up, against a fully modded Rex team you're toast. Unless your 100 is getting off 2 AoEs in very quick succession?...My HK-47 is modded for speed and crit chance over potency
    If you want to beat clones, crit chance and speed are the opposite of what you want to put on HK. His debuffs are useless against clones until after Rex is dead. (And by then, the fight is usually already decided). And he already has a high crit chance. He gives himself +30% by his leader skill.

It is sweet to have HK go before the enemy when that enemy is Ben/Phasma/Dooku lead. I know from experience. But to beat clones, I would keep HK no faster than 130ish. Slower the better. And give him crit DAMAGE mod, not crit chance. Potency will be good in general, too (not necessarily against Rex lead.) Again, speaking from experience.

In short, you would be better off against clones if HK didn't get his first turn until after 2 of the clones are dead. He is there for his leadership skill and to close the deal... after not screwing things up too badly, early on.

BTW, I don't know what lame clones you are fighting. But if you can land a debuff on Rex without a full potency setup, u must be fighting a noob. All the rex's on my shard are heavily modded for tenacity. I have never landed ANYTHING on Rex.

Also, JE is severely neutered against Clones, IMO. Going first doesn't matter hardly at all. And JE can't do squat with detonators. When tenacity up buff is on, they don't stick. When tenacity up buff is off, they stick... but Rex cleanses them before they go off. JE is useful only for his heal/rez and what little bit of TM he can feed to the team. I suppose he helps to beat 5's after rex is dead... but JE is best left on the bench, against Rex lead, IMO.
    I don't set my team up to beat one specific type of squad, unless that squad is ubiquitous. Rex teams were never everywhere. I'm seeing a half dozen Wiggs teams at the top of my arena now, at worst I'd see 4 Rex teams, and only one full clones (they're all gone now, it's all Wiggs all the time). Instead, I set my team up to beat the majority of teams. Hence my mod setup for 47. Might be a different story if I could afford to adjust my mods continually, but I cannot.

Who in their right minds would mod heavily for tenacity? I never have issues with resists on Rex, unless of course he's got Tenacity Up - in which case mods are irrelevant and I'm waiting on B2 clearing it. If my potency is 40%, then Rex would need 55% tenacity just to get above the base resist rate of 15%. It just isn't worth foregoing all the other bonuses you could be getting. If your opponents are modding heavily for tenacity, then they've either got perfect mods, or you're the one fighting a noob my friend :smile:

My concession to a standard setup for Rex teams is to have HK and 88 set to max out once JE Recalibrates, to avoid Rex always squeezing in between them. HK might get lucky and stick an ability block on Rex, more likely 88 sticks it with his AoE. If that happens, Rex is usually dead before he can use Squad Discipline and get the turn meter rolling. So JE is all important - without him, I don't get a shot at the ability block. Plus, once the high priority Rex target is dead, the detonators start to flow against the Fives and RGs...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't set my team up to beat one specific type of squad
    I battle clones every day. I do not change my team out for defense. I don't have enough mods to do that, and it takes too long to switch them all out. I can beat every team in my top 20 with my setup, and I have not dropped out of top twenty, yet.

The closest battles I have on offense are against a wacky team with Rex lead, rey, RG, fac, and QGJ. And the top whaliest completely maxed and pretty decently modded JE droid team. but my win rate is still above 75% against those teams, too. In fact, I just battled this droid team. It wiped my 86 before he even got one attack in. And I still won without 50% of my dps.
    Who in their right minds would mod heavily for tenacity?
    His best active ability is to cleanse all debuffs and turn them into TM while giving tenacity up. He can't do that if he gets blocked. Why wouldn't you put tenacity on Rex? He only needs enough health initially to absorb a few hits so that his cronies get their clocks wound up. Plus there is usually a bigger fish to fry, like Rey or Anni. And by then, you gots to deal with Fac and RG.

I read the hoopla about broken tenacity, but I don't have that experience. I had to mod my RG for potency to get my stuns to stick on these 60-70% tenacity Sun Facs. And as I have said, I have yet to land a stun or block or a detonator or any red mark on my server's Rex's when it mattered - even the ones without tenacity mods.

But you made me check. And my servers Rexes aren't heavily modded for tenacity. I guess I'm wrong. Sun Fac, yeah, Rex no. I guess on offense, they're using Tenacity up off the bat. But even without dedicated mods, Rex has over 30% tenacity, and if it's not doing something, Rex is a lucky toon...
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    85% Tenacity is a resist rate of 45% against 40% potency. Rex base tenacity is 29%! Unless the have perfect mods (and they may do!) they're probably giving up a lot of speed/crit chance/crit damage secondaries to achieve a 56% boost to their tenacity, let alone dedicating the "cross" primary to tenacity over protection or potency - so they're clearly not using their Rex in phase1 of the Rancor raid, but that's an aside! I'd like my chances of taking Rex out without him moving in that case.

The Rex team you mention was also the toughest non-clone Rex team I faced on a regular basis, always had to go through him for #1 (now they're running Wiggs). Sun Fac and RG were heavily modded for health/protection. I'd still beat him most times with my setup, but I never had to worry about landing stuns with RG. B2 salts the buffing earth, making it very hard to grow anything. My toons were strong enough to take a swipe from Rey - increasingly you have to let her get an attack in because JKA is a higher priority these days. You have a good chance to ability block her, and a small one to get her offense down - she's just not as fearsome now mods have been largely balanced out.

As for full clones - I'd only ever see one team running it, and usually because they were weak to other teams, it was easy enough to dodge that team. Just wasn't something I had to deal with often thankfully, and my mods setup reflects that.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well, I edited my post, because I was totally wrong. The Rex's that I can't block are only tenacity in the 30's. I dont' know why I have never blocked or stunned or evne landed a freaking detonator on them.

The SunFacs on my server do have mods, tenacity around 70. My server also doesn't have any true tenacity sets, yet. This is all from stacked secondaries and/or cross mod, I suppose. Like mid twenties, added up. But the top teams all have tenacity stacked on Fac.

My team is totally wack. HK lead, 86, RG, ST Han, and QGJ. Even seen that before? I have max gear JE and 88. And a gear 9 Nebit and Magnaguard. And with my JE / Nebit setup, I have the fastest droid team I have ever seen on my server. I could get JE to speed 223, and also have enough mods to get my assassins to fill. But I have JE and 88 riding pine for my non synergy team.

Oddly enough, I just battled Palpatine, Anni, QGJ, RG, ST Han. Same team as mine, but with palpy lead and anni, instead of my HK lead and 86. All max gear except G9 palpatine, who was speed modded to go before any of my toons... I had to try, and I didn't think I'd have a chance. I got 3 toons stunned off the bat and I won, easily, with 4 toons left in the green. (86 triggered RG, but he self-healed.) I only lost ST Han. Oh, the three toons that got stunned? Just HK, 86, and QGJ.
  • Ugluk
    274 posts Member
    Options
    The AI seems to have an obsession with stunning 47 for some reason, seems to be only slightly lower priority than JE. Can't say I hate that.

I can't say I have ever seen a HK lead with only one other droid! Never even thought to try it.

I have a similar EP team on my server, 7* Vader instead of QGJ, today they had Phasma in over JKA. Just beat him to take 1st in my payout, no losses, Emp dead before he can move. That team is doing well because of the sheer amount of Wiggs teams in our top 10.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I can't say I have ever seen a HK lead with only one other droid! Never even thought to try it.
    I put it together to try to beat clones. I didn't know it would work, let alone beat everything else I have in my top twenty. And it defends, so far. So yeah, I dunno. But it works.

86 with offense up, HK lead, and Han taunt kills things like Rey only dreams. You gotta stop Rey before she gets foresight and then kills you. You gotta stop 86 before he kills you. And against non clone teams, HK does a decent job of protecting Han taunt with his debuffs. He doesn't have Mind tricks or Evasion TM boost. But 86 has just enough protection/health over Rey this just might work. (Everyone can kill rey.... usually... and Rey teams still dominate!)

I got the majority of my speed on 86. I got Han going right after QGJ and 86 (if all goes well, anyway). Then I got HK barely filling with Han taunt. I also put speed (and potency) on RG, which I can afford due to having two tanks.... and this plus Han taunt and 2 assist callers turns him into a freakish stun machine.

So if you want to get INTO droids, you might wanna try this. HK and 86 are both easy to farm. If you already have droids, you might wanna try this. Because ST Han and RG and QGJ are freaking amazing toons, no matter what else you got on your bench.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    B2 and it's not even close.
  • Options
    As long as you have HK, JE, 88 and 86 it doesn't matter what else you run.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Lobot