STH or RG?

If you were to only use in the arena, which one would it be? STH has the great turn meter manipulation and longer lasting taunt, but RG taunts more often. Which do you pick?

Replies

• Options
    I would also like to know. I use RG but don't have Han strong enough to be useful. That being said, I don't attack arena teams with the Rey/RG/STHan combo anymore
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • lastii
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »
    I would also like to know. I use RG but don't have Han strong enough to be useful. That being said, I don't attack arena teams with the Rey/RG/STHan combo anymore

Why? They are easy to bring down
  • Options
    How do you approach an old Ben lead with RG STH Rey and QGJ
  • Scourge194
    390 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lastii wrote: »

If you don't kill Rey, RG's taunt triggers. By the time it expires, Han has taunted. By this time Rey has wiped out 3/5 of your team. Am I doing it wrong, then?
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options

If you don't kill Rey, RG's taunt triggers. By the time it expires, Han has taunted. By this time Rey has wiped out 3/5 of your team. Am I doing it wrong, then?

Sounds like you need QGJ on your team.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

You need more aoe
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Use QGJ lead with Yoda; and its okay to have ST Han, RG, and Rey with speeds better than the opposition.

QGJ lead will boost his and Yoda's speed by 25 each. Yoda needs high speed independently in any case - approaching 200 is good.

Use Yoda's BM to get tenacity up and block Old Ben's special. He's rendered useless so if becomes and battle of 5 vs. 4.

The key is speed.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    If you were to only use in the arena, which one would it be? STH has the great turn meter manipulation and longer lasting taunt, but RG taunts more often. Which do you pick?

I run both in arena most of the time.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I still use Phasma (L), STH, Rey, QGJ and Fives for the OB, RG and STH teams. Myphasma has 160 speed so always acts before OB but after QGJ. So enemy QGJ uses dispell on Reys foresight, Phasma TM up and Han taunts before enemy Han.

After that use QGJ to dispell enemy Hans taunt and it's a win.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Han and Rg are strong together, but i use Sunfac instead of Rg because of his dispell. So i'm not forced to take Qgj and i can use Anakin instead of him.
  • Options

Depends on your team. Some can really benefit from that initial TM from sthan but after that, he can be dispelled and becomes just as big of a liability as an asset imo
  • Options
    Depends on the rest of your lineup.

Old ben lead--Han
    Anybody else--RG

STHan doesn't bring anything else to the game but the taunt, which has a 5 turn cooldown. The minute he's dispelled he's kind of useless. RG can at least serve as a controller with his stun
  • Options

Old ben lead--Han
    Anybody else--RG

STHan doesn't bring anything else to the game but the taunt, which has a 5 turn cooldown. The minute he's dispelled he's kind of useless. RG can at least serve as a controller with his stun

You can add to that Old Ben lead any other ally who will cause early aoe ability block or stun, such as Palpatine and IG88.
  • Options

Yeah they're not too hard - you just give Rey a whack with someone, then take her out with one hit with your Rey (if she does foresight I usually waste a geo or QGJ basic to remove it). RG won't trigger his taunt.
    You must have QGJ (or other debuff). Always save the debuff for Han (if RG taunts first whack him don't debuff) as u don't want to give them TM. You can afford to whack away at their RG if you've already taken out their best dps (of course you need a taunt yourself to survive this)
    Then fast Rey, pretty fast QGJ and other fairly fast dps ( I use geo) + taunt
    Of course plenty of other teams that can do it but that what I use
  • Options
    Use two dispellers to deal with the RG and STH issue, Teebo(L), QGJ, Rey, +2 at the moment Anakin and GS
  • Options

Old ben lead--Han
    Anybody else--RG

I wouldn't put this so simple. STHans taunt does not only have the purpose of classic taunting but granting your whole team +30% TM at an instant. This can be key to your team.
  • Options
    PsvI sometimes just stun their Han with my RG. Lol :)
    I used to find the double taunt (RG, Han challenging) but after fully gearing/moding up I find it easy - the problem with it is that they lose a potential dps or toolbox character to put the one trick pony Han in.
    I take out their best dps early and they are stuffed no matter what they do as my RG will cover anything
  • Options
    I'm using both in arena, but If I was forced to choose one of them, then it would be RG without a doubt. TM manipulation is fine, but AI doesn't play it too good in defense, while RG is much more tankier and can save your heavy hitters in any turn, while STH helps only when you manually activate his taunt.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I use STH and RG in arena. The key is killing enemy QGJ before he can dispel a taunt. If my Rey can kill him before he dispels STHan's taunt, I can usually win.
  • ZAKK
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    I use STH and RG in arena. The key is killing enemy QGJ before he can dispel a taunt. If my Rey can kill him before he dispels STHan's taunt, I can usually win.

I also I have both in my squad arena , with AA(L) Lando and Leia , I hold my spot , fun team to play with
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah if you wanna call 20% TM+ on each hit "nothing" ;)
  • Joeyd7878
    276 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

I run the same team. I hit Rey while trying not to trigger RG taunt, wait for the TM to cycle back to my Rey and hopefully kill her with my Rey's special. Other than that utilize QGJ with his dispel and then focus on RG or SThan, whichever has the taunt. QGJ can be harmful but he's easy to take out after RG and SThan are taken care of. Also be sure to utilize RG stun on QGJ to try and avoid his dispel.
  • Options
    I started using RG instead of STH. I need the stun, especially for the droid fights. Stunning B2, or 88, or even JE before he can revive.

If i see an Old Ben the stun is good just to avoid the ridiculous amount of dodges he does.

Having the stun is good to deal with counter attackers without taking any damage.

That along with being able to taunt more than once per fight is more important to me than the TM gain gain I may or may not get before STH gets dispelled, or ability blocked.
  • Options
    For now I'm sticking with St Han. If all goes well, I'll lay a stun on Rey, and either stun QGJ or let him dispel some other buff before taunting. Try to knock down Rey with FOTP special to avoid RG taunt. Usually works. But if other team is ultra-modded, I'm toast.
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Yeah if you wanna call 20% TM+ on each hit "nothing" ;)

It is nothing because after you've dispelled his taunt you leave him to last

• Specter0010
    236 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have and use both in arena. If STH can keep his taunt, hands down best tank in the game, if not than RG for his multi taunt and slow/stun is great and save me Many times.

Edit. Sun fac is THE best tank but not free, so if your rich sun fac...
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    From what I understand STH not worth it till atleast G9... as I have him at G8 in a long line of toons needing furnaces ive never used him in Arena

RG always been dependable but I may change once STH caught up in gear as enjoyed using him to get 7* Palps
  • Options
    I have SF and it's awesome, however the only 2 guys that take my #1 position are Phasma + STH guys... STH is really awesome on offense, you don't need any other tank but him when offense...

Nobody cares about defense anyway... the AI is so poorly developed that you could put godzila+norris+rambo+rey+predator and you would drop positions anyway.
    Do or do not...
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly prefer RG over ST Han. While you can tap people until 60% and then blow them up, that accidental crit or underestimation of damage can proc RG taunt.

ST Han? Just throw a stun at him. Unless he is full tenacity (which people mostly put speed runes on him) he will sit in perma stun. Even if he gets out of stun, just toss a QGJ dispel at him and he is worthless.

At least with RG I have seen instances of pegging Rey to 50%, RG taunts, rey attacks and goes back up to 60% due to lifesteal, they purge RG taunt, then hit rey and she lives, bringing RG taunt right back up.

You don't get that scenario, or even close, with ST Han. He also gets auto-purged unless you have a dodge leader. It's deadly when that purge fails and is often a loss if that happens, but he is just too situational for me. RG is the good everyman while ST Han is great in certain instances.

And to the above complaining about Rey/RG/STHan combos: just tap rey to 60%, stunlock Han or save QGJ for the purge, then just finish her off. Most people run Old Ben with that team comp and while that can put a hamper in your plans, OB/RG/STHan do terrible damage. That's 3/5 of a team that's completely ignorable if you manage to kill Rey in the first round.
  • Options
    Nothing works on defense TBH...
    Do or do not...